'The Sound of Music' Blu-ray Dated & Detailed

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by eliasbboy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]In announcement news today, 20th Century Fox has officially unveiled the DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition on 11/9. You'll be able to purchase either a 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack (SRP $34.99 - available in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging options) or a Limited Collector's Set containing the 3-disc set plus additional extras (SRP $89.99). The 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack will include...

BD Disc 1 - the film remastered in 1080p with 7.1 DTS-HD audio, the Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration enhanced viewing mode (with behind-the-scenes images, trivia, on-screen lyrics and more), a Music Machine sing-along, audio commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise, and BD-Live Live Lookup.

BD Disc 2 - the interactive Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music backlot tour (with in-depth featurettes on the songs, stage show, film, sound restoration and the von Trapp family), the A City of Song virtual map of filming locations, vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and Sound of Music programs, screen tests, interviews, photo galleries and more.

DVD - the film in SD, an optional sing-along track, the Music Machine sing-along option and The Sound of Music Tour: A Living Story featurette.

The Limited Collector's Set will include the 3 discs above, along with the 45th Anniversary CD soundtrack, a 100-page My Favorite Things scrapbook, snapshots from Salzburg, a reproduction of the original 1965 souvenir program and an exclusive My Favorite Things music box with letter of authenticity. Here's a look at the Limited Collector's Set along with the 3-Disc Combo artwork (Blu-ray packaging version)...

[/FONT] View attachment 55
    [​IMG]

2. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    How do you solve a problem like Maria?

3. wthierry

wthierry New Member

Reputations:
    how do you catch a cloud and pin it down??

4. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

5. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Classic movie.I played Kurt in the sound of music Play when I was 11 .:)