the truth of redskins before the genocide

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Sep 29, 2014.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    quit with the redskin nonsense thread. the name isn't changing and no one cares.

3. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

YokoOhNo likes this.
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Which genocide? You mean the one where Indian tribes massacred others and stole their land, both before and during European's presence on the continent? The one where they burned their captured enemies alive? Or just the one where they kidnapped and raped women openly, without shame, in the presence of their mothers, wives, and daughters?

5. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    shit happens...

wigtropolis and YokoOhNo like this.
  6. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    You might want to actually crack open one of these things some time. They're called books, and they often are written for scholarly reasons, not just some political agenda. Hard to imagine why Europeans would feel threatened by these nature loving peaceniks.
    upload_2014-9-30_0-52-51.jpeg

In The Wild Frontier, William M. Osborn discusses the changing settler attitude toward the Indians over several centuries, as well as Indian and settler characteristics the Indian love of warfare, for instance (more than 400 inter-tribal wars were fought even after the threatening settlers arrived), and the settlers' irresistible desire for the land occupied by the Indians.

The atrocities described in The Wild Frontier led to the death of more than 9,000 settlers and 7,000 Indians. Most of these events were not only horrible but bizarre. Notoriously, the British use of Indians to terrorize the settlers during the American Revolution left bitter feelings, which in turn contributed to atrocious conduct on the part of the settlers. Osborn also discusses other controversial subjects, such as the treaties with the Indians, matters relating to the occupation of land, the major part disease played in the war, and the statements by both settlers and Indians each arguing for the extermination of the other. He details the disgraceful American government policy toward the Indians, which continues even today, and speculates about the uncertain future of the Indians themselves.

Thousands of eyewitness accounts are the raw material of The Wild Frontier, in which we learn that many Indians tortured and killed prisoners, and some even engaged in cannibalism; and that though numerous settlers came to the New World for religious reasons, or to escape English oppression, many others were convicted of crimes and came to avoid being hanged.

The Wild Frontier tells a story that helps us understand our history, and how as the settlers moved west, they often brutally expelled the Indians by force while themselves suffering torture and kidnapping.

7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard a caller on a radio show say there are over 30 schools on Indian reservations in the US who have "Redskins" as the name of their sports teams. They are allowed to choose their own mascots and names but none have changed them. Anyone know if that's true? That would certainly cast doubt on the claims that the term is deeply offensive to Native Americans.

Nemo likes this.
  8. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please zip it with your nonsense. There are schools on Indian Reservations whose mascot is the "Redskins". Schools with 98% Native American enrollment.

Why do you care anyway? How the hell does it offend or affect you in any way shape or form?

Everyone's so fuckin sensitive these days. Pussification. "Waaahhh, I'm offenses by a word".... Pathetic

It is also an extremely small statistical minority offended by it anyway.

Why do so many people in this country need big daddy government to protect their feelings from words?

yaddc, Samurai, CrucifiedAGT and 2 others like this.
  9. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Indians (feather, not dot) are becoming the new black. You ain't gonna get your 40 acres and a mule either. You're just lucky that governments haven't banded together to cancel your sweet reservation and stipend deals.

No one cares about slavery 200 years ago and even less people care about your trail of tears saga. Enough time has passed, you're Americans now, start acting like it. (Though you're milking of the system and douchey complaints about anti-PC topics probably makes you more American than I am.)

I would really like to see an Injun Al Sharpton, though.

CrucifiedAGT, Mantis and Birddog like this.
  10. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck the injuns. If they were worth their weight in shit, they would have slaughtered the white men and held their hemisphere.

Adapt or Die.

CrucifiedAGT and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  11. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Indian pussy, pro or con?

12. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't even recall the last time I saw an Injun woman. I mean, in college, every girl was 1/16th Navajo or Seminole in an attempt to appear deep, but out here in the real world, I see as many Injuns as I do Eskimos, and brother, that ain't a lot of Injuns.

wife is a whore likes this.
  13. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I have never experienced dot Indian or firewater Indian. Red is the one color of the rainbow that has eluded me.

14. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

babybear likes this.
  15. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    it is extremely difficult to find pure Indian pussy because they have been raped and have been subjected to genocide for the past 400 years...do the math

16. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    he is the defender of the defenseless!

or he's really bored.

different day, different outrage. :coffee:

17. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...l-Ourselves-Redskins-But-You-Can-t-Dan-Snyder

Native American Activist: We Can Call Ourselves Redskins, But 'You Can't, Dan Snyder'

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  18. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
  19. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    and they're not "Native Americans". stop with that BS

20. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How do the Chiefs skate away free?