The Vegucation of Robin: Robin Chastises People Who Get Cancer

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Benjamen, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In light of Robin's cancer announcement this week, I decided to break out my copy of The Vegucation of Robin and skim over the material that I highlighted but didn't include in my initial review back in July, to see if there was anything I missed. Boy, there sure was. How could I have left out the part where Robin chastises people who get cancer?

[​IMG]

In the chapter titled "Fat and Sick Is Not Your Destiny," she writes:
    She goes on to chuckle at people with migraines, and pities anyone who assumes science or technology will fix their problems. Also, meet Robin's sister-in-law, who turned to doctors to solve her problems—then died:

[​IMG]

How in the hell are they still releasing this book?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What a hippo-crite..

3. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In fairness she didn't even write it, completely ghost-written. A lot of generic, canned text from a massive data warehouse spanning every special interest topic that these "manufactured book" companies then pull from. They then conduct a couple half-hour phone interviews with whatever personality/celebrity is marketing the book in their name, and use that information to "personalize" it like cinnamon sprinkled onto dogcrap. Its just like they did with Beeth's "Oh My Dawg", just like they did Lisa G's "Sex Lies".

I would lay the 401k that if Wiggy quizzed Robin on anything specific in that book, she wouldn't have a clue it was in there.

4. Benjamen

Reputations:
    Sure, she has uncredited help doing all the heavy lifting, but I don't believe for a second that a ghost writer put those words in Robin's mouth. That's her specific brand of righteous indignation and cruel teasing.

5. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I'd never buy much less read this POS. Does she address why she's been morbidly obese the majority of her adult life? Or why she's followed and failed at every weight loss method in existence?

6. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not sure we're necessarily disagreeing. But do you really believe she had that whole book sitting in a word processor and she pecked away a little every night? NO fucking way. At best its a rough transcription of recorded audio layed on top of a lot of more substantial generic text on the subject.

Reading a page of that text makes it abundantly clear its simply not in her voice. Some of the anecdotes may be hers but she really is not very bright. Certainly not that coherent and thoughtful. At best its a hybrid of her anecdotes seen and then re-written through the lens of someone more intelligent and succinct.

7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's the same thing people said about the views on homosexuality in Howard's book until we found a clip of him saying the same thing on his radio show. Robin's comments sound exactly like something that would come out of her fat disgusting mouth, complete with the authoritarian know-it-all attitude.

8. Benjamen

Reputations:
    No, I don't believe that Robin sat over a word processor and typed up this book -- but that's not my issue with it. My question is, how can the publishers put out this book when its "author" got cancer despite implications that her lifestyle prevents that kind of thing, then diminished in print the help her western doctors played in helping treat it, and no longer eats fruits or grains for personal health reasons, when she's included them in a good deal of the recipes she features? Regardless of who typed and edited it, Robin is the face of this book, and it's got to be a frightening embarrassment to the publishers right now. They have to realize any -- if any -- money they make on this will hardly make it worth the trouble.

9. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Seriously, what is wrong with her?!

10. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    a cursory google/wiki search shows migraine headaches have been around longer than modern diets have. ancient egyptian and greek medical texts discuss them. i guess i should have expected nothing less from America's Most Uninformed Newswoman.

11. Benjamen

Reputations:
    Yes, she blames her parents, western doctors/medicine, the government, the school system, big business and chemically treated/processed foods for the majority of her weight issues. But a major ice cream addiction also played a part, she reveals.

And she does mention trying and failing at every diet there is until she discovered real food.

12. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless every sentence has at least one "you know" in it, she didn't write it.

13. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey Robin, who had the last laugh. You end up getting some rare, near fatal cancer with all your health regimens. The fact is cancer is more related to your DNA than any other cause. Most people are pre-determined to get cancer. It's the reason why some 3-4 pack a day smokers never get cancer and some poor schmuck who never smoked a day in his life gets lung cancer. You sat on your throne thinking Dr Roni was the path to salvation. In the end it's the roll of the dice and you rolled snake eyes.