The Voice Tuesday Night Ratings against new Fall Lineup vs. AGT against reruns

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DearLawd, Sep 19, 2012.

1. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Voice had 13.6 million viewers....and a 4.7 share in the 18-49 demographic.

If this doesn't signal epic fail for Howard's AGT ratings, then I don't know what does. I kept reading the spin that the viewership for these talent shows was simply greatly depleted across the boards. I guess not!

Also, I believe Howard said Monday that he "thought" AGT did well in the finale ratings, but he wasn't sure. Does anyone believe for a second that Howard, who has been screaming about ratings for YEARS had NO IDEA what the ratings were on HIS show where he was AMERICA's Judge?

I wish someone would call in and ask him what he thinks about this.

2. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard knows exactly how AGT did in the ratings, not only on the finals but during it's entire season.

He knows exactly how much the ratings have fallen.

He knows exactly how every similar show is doing in the ratings

I wonder how X-Factor is doing.

This looks like to be the first time Howard truly put himself out there, tried something new, and was a failure both in the eyes of his longtime fans, entertainment critics, and by comparison to previous years, the ratings.

I guarantee Howard stays up all night thinking about this

3. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It wasn't exactly a failure. Howard just didn't provide anything to increase the ratings. The decline is no different than the other talent shows. The longer they are on the worse they do. NBC would gladly take Howard back for another season especially with the departure of Sharon. They just need another provocative female to sit between Howard and Howie.

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AGT dropped 26% this year. That isn't the average of these show declines. But Howard gets paid 5 times what Howie and Sharon got paid. I don't know if they will take him back if they are expecting another sharp decline. The trend right now is to go young on judges on these shows (Britney, Demi Lovato, Niki Minaj, Shakira, Usher, etc.). I don't know if a then 59 year old Howard Stern and his $15 million a year salary will be something that NBC will want to spend especially if the ratings are going to take another 15-20% dip.

BTW, the dip in ratings for a lot of these shows is caused by a lot of the glut of talent shows on TV at the same time. Right now, The Voice is going against X-Factor with Dancing with the Stars coming up next week. In the winter and spring, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, and The Voice battle one another for viewers. In the summer, AGT is basically the only talent show.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    I see it as an epic fail for Howard. Had AGT existed 10 years ago and Howard decided to become a judge, the rating would have been through the roof due to his legions of fans. Stern has lived in a bubble for the last few years and surrounded himself with ass kissers. He has delussioned himself into believing he still has that same huge fan base. A little bit of reality has been slipping in lately though. The un-sensational AGT ratings, the recent

Letterman appearance which got beat out by Leno, the constant mocking of his trophey wife and all the negativity from his Twitter followers. I think it's starting to sink in that he's nothing but the King of All Shit and it's starting to get to him big time. I predict he'll be doubling up on his shrink visits very soon,

6. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
    Wiggy said earlier today that he is responsible for 60%-70% of Sirius listeners, and they saw a hug uptick in subscriptions due to his appearance on AGT.

Are you implying that Wiggy was less than truthful with that statement??

7. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard that too....I rarely listen except when driving, and today I remembered why. :facepalm: