The Walking Dead: Season 5 Season Premiere tonight

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Walking Dead Season 5 is still three months away, but series showrunner Scott M. Gimple and his writing crew already know how the season will end.

And how it will begin, which is the opposite of the slow ride viewers took into the beginning of Season 4.

"When we were doing the season premiere last year, I was talking to Robert [Kirkman] about it … and I just wanted to freak him out, like, 'Yeah, we're going to start with Rick hoeing,'" Gimple said during Sunday night's special Season 5 preview edition of the Talking Dead companion series.

"[Season 5] the way it starts… It starts very, very, very, very intense, and then there's a left-hand turn, and then it gets very, very intense… and then there's a left-hand turn…"

Gimple, who said he and the writers are working on the last five episodes of the season now, was on the couch as Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick introduced a 30-second preview of the upcoming season, which revealed 1) Carol, Tyreese, and baby Judith are still alive, and 2) they are on the run from a horde of walkers, which means 3) they are not the people screaming in that storage container in Terminus.

Among the other Season 5 tidbits we learned from the Talking Dead summer episode:

* One of Season 4's big cliffhangers — what happened to Beth Greene (Emily Kinney) — will not be hanging for long. Gimple wouldn't give up any scoop on what might have become of Maggie's sister and Daryl's traveling companion, but he did say we'll find out quickly. "Beth's story, whatever it is, will be told," he said. "That question will not linger."

* Andrew J. West, who plays Terminus leader Gareth, doesn't seem himself as a bad guy. When Hardwick asked him where Gareth would fall as a leader on a scale of Rick to The Governor, he replied, "I would say he definitely falls way more towards the Rick end of the spectrum. The way that they kind of envisioned this character is that he was sort of a mirror image of Rick or even Glenn, if they had a different history… a reasonable, normal guy just figuring out a way to survive."

* West also hinted at some Gareth backstory reveals. "Personally, I don't know that I would call him a natural born leader. He's maybe somebody who has grown into that role a little bit. [In Season 5] you're going to meet a real person. He's not a one-dimensional character. You're gonna get another perspective, from Gareth, on what the world is now. That is one of my favorite things about this character, is that you get this whole different window into what this world is, what it can be, what it has become."

* When talking about his favorite [false] TWD rumor, Gimple said it was the one that claimed Jon Hamm would be playing baddie Negan. He also confirmed, in what probably does not come as a surprise to fans who also read the comics, that Negan is definitely going to be a part of the series… at some point.

* Lauren Cohen (Maggie Greene) promised lots of action moments in the new season. "You'll see members of the group you didn't know were badass get to be badass," she told Hardwick.

* Two more TWD specials will air on AMC in the next two weeks: Inside The Walking Dead (July 8, 10 p.m.), a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the series, and Inside The Walking Dead: Walker University (July 15, 10 p.m.), a look at how the walkers are created, including producer Greg Nicotero's "zombie school" training.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/...ry--very--very-intense---video-043651098.html

AmericasJudge likes this.
  2. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I can't wait for the return of The Governor.

3. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When the new stunt coordinator was discussing his work for the first episode...it gave me the idea that we might be getting some
    possible flashback looks at the history of the Terminus situation..the people and how it all came into being as we last saw it at the end of
    season four etc.

.....but now I'm not so sure........but it still remains as a possibility....we'll see when the show airs or when more related information
    becomes available.

Biggest action/stunt scenes yet in the series...bigger than in episode one in the Atlanta streets type of stuff.
    Could mean large crowds..fights?...battles?
    They have the money to go big...so I guess they plan on going big'ish...or at least making it all appear big via costly SFX etc.
    I have no doubt that they plan on super hyping up the first episode for season five...so perhaps they plan on making
    it something extra big and special to try and sell for/to the large audience that they plan on expecting.

We'll wonder.....we'll see.

...and what of the spin off show?....it's been very quiet as of late.....perhaps they are holding back the new announcements to make
    a big splash at Comic Con.
    A title?....a cast?....an air date?....a setting/format?

4. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do the zombies wear scarves?

CuntRocket and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe not on the show, but definitely in real life:

[​IMG]

Sickboy, Mook, EndOfLine and 3 others like this.
  6. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The ones from the Hamptons do

7. Zyro

Zyro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    people still watch this?

Richard Tucker likes this.
  9. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really hope they don't spend all next season at Terminus. I think the whole premix there is pretty weak and uninteresting. I couldn't wait until they got out of the fucking prison and it the road. Unfortunately, when they did they were some of the worse written shows last season. What I'd like to see them do is just get out of the fucking wilderness already. Have them explore a metropolis might add some spice to the series.

Shamrock12, nicksgt and EndOfLine like this.
  10. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    They stayed in that boring prison for way too long - the show is at its best when they are traveling.

Shamrock12 and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  11. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I've watch this up to season 4 ep 10 and gave up, I like the idea of the show and the acting etc is good but it's so fucking boring

Shamrock12 and Richard Tucker like this.
  12. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Have to say I am enjoying Halt and Catch Fire, even though it will probably get canceled.....slow build

and The Leftovers is pretty lame for HBO standards that show belongs back on ABC and called LOST 2

13. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I once heard that the shows are based off the comics, now that they are at Terminus, has the story already been told what will happen in the comics?

14. johnnynoname

johnnynoname Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    is this the season Rick gets his arm cut off like in the comics?

15. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Please kill that annoying asshole kid with the sheriff's hat.

16. superstone

superstone Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  17. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Very interesting.

That teaser really needs to be viewed very slowly/frame by frame...there are lots of interesting little details
    that are flying by way too quickly at regular speed.

I like the shot with Glenn and the bat.
    It's just tough trying to figure out exactly what might be going on there in that scene/shot.
    (...maybe it's a dream sequence of some sort?)

Some wild looking walkers....but that is to be expected since they always try to outdo themselves.
    Remember last season's opening episode with the walkers dropping through the ceiling of the big box store.

Beth is shown to still be alive...at least at some point......doing what?...and where?
    I like how you can't see the exact city name on that logo patch worn by the woman in the blue (police?) uniform.
    Could *she* be Negan?...or at least a possible Neganesque type of character?
    Mixing some things up....moving some things along.........twists..turns..and troubles a plenty in the land of the walking dead.

Anyone else come away from the teaser with a sort of "Apocalypse Now" type of a vibe?...so dark...so tense.....and that music was really great.

18. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They really need to work on a 2-3 season plan on how to end the show. AMC is in the toilet now, with no new show(s) picking up the torch for Breaking Bad and the soon to be ending Mad Men, except for The Walking Dead. TWD is suffering from being their only hit show and it seems like the suits desperately need it to continue to drive up their revenue, and let's be honest, it does INSANE ratings. That being said, I read somewhere that the Producers expect a 10-11 season run!?!?! Can you imagine how stale it will be by then? IMO they need to work a way of getting Negan in toot sweet and then end the show after his arc climaxes. I doubt that this would ever happen, but I love the internet rumors of Jon Hamm for Negan. It would be the perfect part for him, post Don Draper, the complete opposite of what we've come to know him as. Maybe if his Hollywood career shits the bed it will happen?[​IMG]

19. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Before I get shit on, just Google "Jon Hamm Negan" and you'll see how great he'd be!

20. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not just stale by then.

Over-saturated too with a spin-off show starting next year which is just the same show with different characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.