the worst thing about smoking

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cookie5000, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cookie5000

cookie5000 aka Consuela Gold

Reputations:
    I was forced to quit smoking 2 yrs ago when I broke my leg & had to stay in the hosp then rehab for a month. The surgeon said I had to decide betw smoking & walking bc he didn't think I cd do both. I quit smoking. I used the patch at first but then discovered ecigs so that's what I've been using w/ very low (.8) nicotine. However I still miss it. I'm not really around smokers so I can't say how the smell wd affect me but when I see someone smoking on tv I'm jealous.

My SO quit 20 yrs ago & he hates the smell, doesn't miss it, thinks ppl are idiots who still smoke. I wish I cd feel that way. Anyway, i was just thinking that the worst thing about smoking was having to go out & buy those cigs, rain or shine, whether I cd afford it or not. The 2nd worst thing was the cough. I was wondering how other smokers & ex-smokers feel about it. I was up to 3 packs/day.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. DeezNutz

DeezNutz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I quit 8 months ago using e-cigs. tried the shitty pen style evod units first, then went to a tank style vaporizer on a tesla adjustable voltage battery. started at 24mg juice, gradually reduced the nicotine content down to 2mg juice that I'm using now.

I smoked for 33 years and was up to 2 packs a day when I quit in February. other people smoking doesn't bother me, but I have zero urge to go back to it and the disgusting fucking smell that permeated my clothes and vehicles. my wife still smokes, only time it bugs me is when we are in the vehicle together.

4. cookie5000

cookie5000 aka Consuela Gold

Reputations:
    Wow, I don't think I could've quit at all if I lived w/ a smoker.