These idiots at SiriusXM are geniuses!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Araxen, May 5, 2015.

1. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So my free SiriusXM sub that I got with my new car last year is about to expire and they sent me an offer letter to try and get me to renew. Well they want to charge me $30 for 6 months or $100 for 12 months. Why the fuck are they going to charge me more for committing to a longer term? 99% of the other business out there with a sub model will actually lower the price even lower the more months you re-up with them! SiriuXM is ran by a bunch of fucking retards I swear to god.

2. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Just cancel, then they give you 3 months for $6.00 or some shit!

reno, XaltedSmoke, codeine and 2 others like this.
  3. Micheal Kenyon

Micheal Kenyon Here

Reputations:
    Foe some reason they turned mine back on last week. It ran out in December. :dontknow:

codeine and smichal like this.
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The sirius android app updated and it hasn't worked for shit since. I need to call them tomorrow to cancel.

smichal and drewjube like this.
  5. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    I read up on here quite a few times that if you threaten to cancel they'll give you a free month to "decide if you still want it" and can possibly get away with this simultaneously until one of the idiots finally figures it out.

smichal likes this.
  6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    It's only $500 to sign up for 24 months. Go with the two-year package!

7. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    SIRIUS-XM believes in rewarding its shareholders with declining revenue streams. Other companies try to increase revenue streams, but those companies are boring companies, not revolutionary companies like SIRIUS. And thanks to their efforts, the SIRIUS XM stock has literally sat stationary for over 10 years! It takes work to suppress a stock; lots of work!

They also believe in going to the negotiating table and paying their talent more than the market will bear. It's crazy, but damned if it doesn't work. Let me explain: Let's say a washed up hack DJ comes to the SIRIUS Board of Directors and says, "I will only work for $20 million for a five day work week, four hour days, with five weeks vacation." The Board has so much acumen, they say to the washed up DJ: "Not a chance, fella. We will only hire you if you take $50 million, work three days a week, two hour days, and take eight weeks of vacation. Oh, and you have to shit all over us in the media and sue us for even more money." Those guys drive a hard bargain, but they sure know how to spin shit out of gold, yes?

Finally, many companies aspire to be listed on the NYSE. Not SIRIUS. Their goal is to get delisted off the NYSE and move to the pink sheets. The thought is: "If we can get our stock low enough, pretty soon anyone can buy it and use it for potty-training cats."

Next up: Kim Jon Jong Un and the art of diplomacy.

8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They definitely changed some policies recently. I've paid less than $5 a month for as long as I can remember - I always hold out for the 5 months for $20 deal or the 6 months for $25. Whenever my subscription comes due I call them and say I want to cancel unless I get the same price again. They usually lie and say you can't get the discounted rate any more (even though I've been getting constant emails offering me those deals on a radio I cancelled years ago), so I just cancel and call back later and say I want to accept the email offer and re-subscribe. This time (in April) they immediately agreed to give me the 5 months/$20 deal again so I didn't have to cancel. Maybe they're finally starting to figure out the service isn't worth full price.

9. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the same company that gave stern $500M for 5yrs...twice. They had a decent phone app going, so instead of fixing all the bugs and issues they redid everything. For the last week the fuking things has been crashing.

Anytime I call them, they tell me I can get some product for free + 6 free months. Yeah thats what I need more siriusXM junk.

codeine and smichal like this.
  10. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do they give deals on their Internet streaming? That's what I mainly use my sub for now so I can listen to Jay Thomas while I"m work.

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  11. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    the important thing is: don't renew!

12. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Still paying $0.99/month for 3 radios and an Internet stream

Captain, smichal and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  13. The Jackie chair

The Jackie chair Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How?

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  14. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My 3 months are up in my new ride, Ill pass.

15. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    if it wasn't for the sports.. I would have cancelled. I pay 5 months for 20...always mention howards lack of work ethic...threaten to quit because of him and customer service caves in...

16. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I had to sue sirius, but me and a few other people that purchased the lifetime subscription option were successful in obtaining this deal in perpetuity (plus legal fees) :).

17. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You have to wonder when they'll just say fuck it and just load up the music channels with ads and make the service free. Especially with the ridiculously reduced rates they offer when you don't renew.

18. Pill Queen

Pill Queen Elegantly wasted Gold

Reputations:
    Agree with what others have said - they will make a deal with you.. I pay $5/month car & internet. Every time I come up for renewal they honor that price if I bring up cancelling the subscription.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  19. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They gave me 6 months and paid me $50.00 :giggle:

kingship likes this.
  20. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I saw an ad for a lease from Chrysler. It was $99/month for 24 months or $4300 one time payment. I asked the salesman about it and he said it wasn't a typo. Every other one time payment was lower than the sum of the monthly payments.