They are so out of touch with reality

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Oct 31, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    Howard and Blobbin are just so stubborn and clueless when it comes to the idea of staying home to protect your house and family. While they have no worries because they could re-purchase whatever was lost ten times over, there are a lot of things that could potentially go wrong during a storm that simply by being there, could prevent major damage. Some places had over 12 inches of rain during the hurricane. A simple broken window on the wrong side of the house could cause tens and tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage, if no one was there to try and shore it up during the storm. I had an ice dam on my roof a few years ago and only about 20 gallons of water got into the house. But it leaked in over the kitchen, damaging a cupboard, the ceiling, the wall, the counter top, the wood floor, and went down into the basement and ruined the wall, and entertainment center and Plasma TV. The insurance claim was $25,000 - for approx 20 gallons of water! Imagine Gary and his family are in the city enjoying the hotel Howard paid for, and a window in there house gets broken during the 12+ inches of rainfall. It could potentially ruin his kitchen, finished basement from man Caves, plus many "irreplaceable" items like pictures, Stern show memorabilia, etc.
    On top of that, Blobbins assertion that those who stayed home did so because they were lazy or wanted a "vacation" day is based on the premise that not coming to work is more favorable than actually coming to work. It's obvious that it's been a long time since she had to worry about having to replace any valuables, or having to worry about loved ones. Because I can tell you from experience that having to huddle with your wife and kids (and dog!) in the basement during a potential natural disaster (tornado for me), and having to go through the resulting cleanup is NOT more fun than going to work. That day, I would've much preferred to go to work instead of the stress and heartache that we went throuh that day. She's sitting up there in her high rise with nothing to worry about except her fucking cats.

2. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Well said!

My sister had an ice dam at her house a few years ago....I couldn't believe how much damage it did.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Howard is miserable, and Robin is dying. Reality's a bitch.

4. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    fixed

5. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They have no concept that a person can go and stop anything from happening. What are YOUUUUUUUUU going to do? Stop the water from coming in? Ummmm ya that's exactly what I did when the tree poked a hole threw my roof last spring. Put up a ladder, grabbed a tarp and some caulk and made the hole water tight. I'd have had 1000's of gallons run in that hole if I hadn't been there.

6. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    If they didn't live in glass houses. Both of those fuckers would be bailing themselves out as we speak . . .

7. Ronniecheated

Ronniecheated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shes dying.

8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Then die already . . .

9. Woof

Woof Liver Shots? VIP

Reputations:
    They honestly believe if they cant do it,Others they work with cant either.Superiority Complex.

10. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I lost my fucking roof in this storm. If I wouldn't have been here to immediately shroud everything in plastic my second floor would be a cluster fuck! I hate these two losers.

11. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    I was hoping that Howard and Robin would feel SOME affect from the storm (power or Internet outtage) but, apparently, they sailed through it unscathed, unlike many of the unwashed masses that are so far beneath them.

BethO's "swaying building" was just about the only thing that we heard about "from the trenches."

Isn't it instinctive to want to be home and with family at times of natural disasters? C'mon!

12. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Robin lost her beach home.

13. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Easily replaceable.

I guess the point is, for most of us, home is where our loved ones are, wife/husband, kids, parents, etc. it's instinctive to want to be home and near family in times of crises.

An empty vacation property that belongs to a multimillionaire? No big deal

14. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
    Both Howard and Robin are safe in their apartments with heat and hydro unlike thousands of others. They may have suffered damage to their beach houses but that hardly compares. And didn't Howard flee to his in-laws last year when a storm threatened? What dicks.

15. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Everyone wants to be at home, but when you have a job that other people depend on you for , it is expected that you will show up. The people at the food stores were working through this whole storm. Police, nurses, firemen, emt's , all were expected to show up . I am not defending Howard, he was a prick, but I see his point.

16. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who depends on the HSS these days?

17. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I do, no matter how bad it is. Still look forward to the live shows, even if they suck.

18. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Cant blame them, they have none to protect

Ohh and fwiw 98% of people (including me) are not going to read a wall of txt. :facepalm:

19. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hate to admit it, so do I. I think it is an OCD thing.

20. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Everything else changes, but I have listened to Howard since DC101. It is one consistent thing for the past thirty something years. Besides my husband and kids.