News They're worth $15 an hour...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by holly1975, Feb 4, 2016.

1. holly1975

holly1975 Treasure Valley's Greatest Treasure Gold

Reputations:
    • [​IMG]
    Photo: Brian Jagger/YouTube
    A screenshot of a YouTube video taken by Brian Jagger, showing a Morro Bay Burger King employee driving his car into a drive-through window following a prank call.

A screenshot of a YouTube video taken by Brian Jagger, showing a Morro Bay Burger King employee driving his car into a drive-through window following a prank call.

Burger King employees in Morro Bay did more than smash windows over a prank call last Saturday. A manager went so far as to ram his car into the building to, presumably, save the employees within from a supposed gas leak — causing a total of $35,000 in damage.

The chaotic night started with a late-night phone call to the Burger King on 781 Quintana Rd. where a prankster allegedly claimed to be from the local fire department. The caller reported that there was a gas leak at that location and instructed the employees to break all of the windows, according to The Tribune.

The Burger King staff allegedly did just that, breaking "more than a dozen windows" to provide ventilation, Cal Coast News wrote.

Another employee also drove his car and crashed into a part of the drive-through window. That person was later identified by the owner of the restaurant as the manager on duty at the time, KSBY News reported.

Brian Jagger, 28, recorded part of the incident on his cell phone and told the Daily News, "It looked like someone's way of going out with a bang."

"I saw a few employees busting out the front windows with stools as another drove through the front entrance with his car. Basically wreaking havoc on the place," Jagger said.

(Jagger's video is below, but does contain some explicit language)

That manager was suspended, according to the KSBY News report, and the restaurant underwent repairs and reopened for business three days later. Police are still investigating the incident.

2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

sstressed and TheLACritic like this.
  3. holly1975

holly1975 Treasure Valley's Greatest Treasure Gold

Reputations:
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

sstressed likes this.
  5. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Your ignorance of this kind of hoax is astounding

6. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I have come across plenty of workers who are in those jobs paying little that I feel badly for

they clearly are hard workers, friendly, prompt, they know what they be doing and shit

it's a shame they don't get more cash--they should

but did this dude smash into a building because a phone call told him to?

DuckDong, Ba Ba Boolio and Napoleon V like this.
  7. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its funny how many losers exist in this world that minimum wage is their biggest concern, not the right to handle their own money for their retirement and the like.

You sit on a phone texting all day taking drive through orders with a fucking scowl on your face. Black people love protesting for higher minimum wage, letting criminals do what they want, and getting free shit. Its great to know that through diversity that wonderful culture is spreading and white-guilt, loser millennials putting off getting a regular job are helping them.

And why is the black culture so consumed with getting more for the bare minimum? Thats the majority of black americans and especially these idiots protesting for minimum wage. Its not a culture of achievement or working to achieve and wanting the freedom to do so. Its a culture of getting more for doing less. Fantastic.

Nick Manning likes this.
  8. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    :jj:

the manager is a hero but they suspend him! the guy rammed his car into the building to save people. not because he's a moron!

9. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    And those workers will work their way up to manager. And if they are like the immigrants who came over in the 50's, 60's, and 70's that had to work 7 days a week just to provide for a family of three they will make it.

Get a second job if you have to, save your money, don't have 5 kids, and open your own business with some ingenuity. Shit with the internet ANYONE can open an online business. But it takes willingness and sacrifice. Lots of people talk a big game, but not many want to work 7 days a week 14 hours a day for years just to set up their business. Thats why I admire the legal immigrants who come here and establish a great life for their family, while American citizens spend more time bitching and protesting than working.

10. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

the early stuff was just a build up to goof on the dude in the car

11. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The 15$ an hour thing is just so they can afford to pay rent and live independently. Its pretty impossible to have one of these jobs and live on your own by yourself. They all either live with their parents or have a significant other who makes more money. Im not saying they deserve the 15$ but I get why they ask for it.

Logan and Jake Dog like this.
  12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Gotta give them credit. They cared about saving the building. "We had to destroy it to save it"

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  13. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Do you know who was working at these places before people made it a permanent career? It was 1 adult manager and then kids in high school or kids in college paying their own way.

At some point it became that putting fries in a fucking fryer that tells you when its done so you literally don't have to have a thought go through your head the whole day became a career.

14. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Honestly, when I see older people working at these places I just assume they have a spouse who makes a decent living. Some people get lucky with a good job and then lose it for whatever reason and then cant find similar work and are forced to work at one of these places. Its tough out there. Its not for me to say what they deserve but I do know what they pay isnt enough to have a apt. plus everything else.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  16. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    I hear you and its a great job for older people that want to make some additional income doing a relatively very easy job. Thats why the job is intended for people who are on SS and wanting to make a little extra and those who want to make some money to save up for school or the weekends.

Its not intended to allow for a father of 4 to provide for his family, pay his rent, pay for vacation, pay utilities, and put his kids through school. If you are looking to McDonalds to pay for your family of 4 for the rest of your life you fucked up in a major way via not planning ahead when having kids, not getting an education, or just being a dirt bag.

babybear and DiamondGoddess like this.
  17. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    I developed a skill set I can sell.

I am not interested in carrying the deadweight of the country on my back with my ambition and internal motivation.

18. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Well I cant disagree with that.

NyMarkNy and DiamondGoddess like this.
  19. sundayschool

sundayschool Active Member

Reputations:
    I used to date a girl whose parents came to the US as immigrants less than 20 years before I met her. Came over with two suitcases each and about $500 in their pockets. Started their life in America by both working in McDonalds but by the time I met her, they both with driving Mercedes and living in a nice house. Both parents worked their asses off in the service industry, but it paid off for them!
    Big story on the news today in this area was that a couple of NJ lawmakers want to raise the minimum wage in the state to $15 an hour!

NyMarkNy and DiamondGoddess like this.
  20. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    The "trophy for showing up" generation wants $$$ for a kid's job.

holly1975 and NyMarkNy like this.