Things I learned from the Lawsuit and Todays Show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I learned some things today... Some because of the lawsuit news, others because of the show.

1. Howard Stern has far less pull than he used to

His contract was such that he earned $75,000,000 per 1 million followers he added during the first year. He cannot argue that he did not have motivation.
    He was a partner in the organization. He cannot argue that he did not have the human resources
    His contract gave him $100,000,000 per year, Sirius paid production and staff costs. He cannot argue that he did not have the financial resources.
    He met only one of a possible nine threshholds.

2. Howard Stern Lies to his Audience
    There's always the working Friday thing that you could argue by simply posting a youtube video... but the dick suckers will argue that its nothing but heresay and conjecture. The lawsuit gave hard evidence that Howie outright lies to his subscribers (I wont call them fans at this point). He, very many times, could not choose whether he was a partner in the firm, or just a worker. He chose which ever side suited his argument at that time. The lawsuit shows clearly that Howie was a partner... not just an average working bee.

3. Howard's Success is in Radio. Anything else he touches goes to shit.
    Howard is insane for thinking that he can abandon his radio show for greener pastures in AGT. He has failed in every medium that he has ever attempted to succeed in. It isnt because he has a lack of talent; its because he has a lack of drive. Sirius was fantastic in the beginning. Once the money rewards dried up, he lost interest and the drive to make good radio. Its been downhill ever since, and has long ago hit the ground and started digging.

Most importantly

4. Howard Stern handles negative press via ignoring it and generating an artificial "asked & answered" atmosphere.
    Today was the first day live after the biggest news in the stern world in over a year. Every day this fucking clown has been talking about the lawsuit and, on the day after it was settled, he was silent? But silence is not enough. He planted a Maryanne From Brooklyn softball call to "discuss it" for a couple seconds then moving on so that any caller from that point on would get the "listen, we allready discussed it. Its in the past" excuse and get hung up on.

5. Howard Stern does not take real phone calls
    First real news in a year and NOBODY asks about the suit? $50 says howard takes another plant call in the near future where he "chews out" a combatative caller to really drive the "its in the past" excuse home.

Fuck you Howard. Please do everyone a favor and retire, and take the annoying broads with you

2. Mywifepoopsalot

Mywifepoopsalot New Member

Reputations:
    Ooooooh joy!

3. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard's tail is between his legs and he can't handle it. He doesn't know how to act. He could have used this to make some good radio today and once again he blew it. Big surprise, huh?

4. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    It took you until today's show to learn all of this?

5. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    Hamptons howie did "ok", perhaps even more than ok with his books and movie, so i dont think u can say everything else he touches goes to shit...

To boil it down, after all these years of lying to us, his deepest, truest colors are now perfectly clear, its all about the dollar, nothing else...

6. FYA

FYA New Member

Reputations:
    Its a well known secret that Howard is a scumbag. Just look at the monsters he surrounds himself with, Ralph being the most obvious, Ronnie, Robin, Gary, Beth, and his seven cats.

7. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We were all so fired up to tune in and hear what his reaction would be. Holy shit, what a letdown. What a pussyfooting, dishonest asshole Howard has become. He avoided the topic almost as much as he avoids doing the radio show.

8. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    We have all once again been bamboozled. That dog (Howard) has No Fight left in him. He has given up on radio. He continues to lie and say that radio is his first love when Howard only has one love and that boys and girls is MONEY. Thank you and good night.

9. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    <TehLivingDeath> Ralph Cirella, proof that not all A group of lovely people are black.

10. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly! Some people are fucking retards. Howard has been full of shit for years.

11. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ruffy has left the building.

12. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I forgot my hairbrush.

13. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This seems to be an oxymoron.

14. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    He's going to make snide passive aggresive comments until the radio show is over isn't he?

15. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I repped you because you gave a thought out, articulate response as someone who takes an active role in the entity that is The Howard Stern. Excuse me as I've been drinking.

I appreciate your thoughtful analysis and a hearty FUCK YOU to the Colin Powell fucktards who infested the other site. I give liberal latitude to the suspension of disbelief that is required to live in this fucked up world, and given the caveat that The Show is and always was mostly schtick, I add the postscript that we're all, every cocksucker among us, FUCKING WILLING to forgive The Gilded Marble King most transgressions if he'd give us just a crumb now and then. A crust of realness. All women are whores; you have no real friends; the market is cruel and unforgiving. We, or at least most of us get that. But my sweetie was right: she said that Stern was just a minimum wage Morning Zoo type who stumbled onto radio gold here and there, but that his true colors were revealed when he got his thirty pieces.

Howard you cocksucker, if you are reading this just turn the mike over to Bigfoot or Double A and let them rant about Egyptian commando squads or whatever the fuck. Cut Riley's pay and give him 4 hours M-F. We'll pay you your money, since that's so important to you. Since you've proven yourself incapable of leading and unwilling to follow, just get the fuck out of the way and turn it over to someone, anyone, even that fake stuttering Sheany, who gives a fuck. I'd listen to that douche for a year before I'd listen to you for a minute. He's a cunt, but he's more real than you.

And take Booey, Fred the Fake Toughguy, Fatback Slim, Erik From Hoboken and the other Howard TV shills with you. Youse all can blow each other by the pool in TMZ land for all we care. Fuck off and thanks for the memories.

16. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    When Howard had his Judd Apatow rant yesterday it was all about " I talk about what is going on in my life and right now that is AGT " Obviously the lawsuit is not a big deal as he spent 2 minutes discussing it and only after MFB called in. Asshole.

I would like to know how they screen the callers and wish a real caller could get through.

17. GQtaste

GQtaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is a cold blooded bastard, who only gives a shit about himself. And that's always been the case. Not just recently, as others will say. No, he's always been a scumbag. To think he's a billionaire and a guy on his "team" can't afford to go to the fucking dentist is appalling.

Forget about the show part of it. I really do believe he's a weasel, who nowadays would like to change history. How many people has he used to make a mockery of? So many I'm surprised some family member somewhere hasn't tried to take him out. How many young, stupid girls came through that studio having obscene stuff done to them. Some will say they had it coming. I don't give a shit. Maybe they did but point is he's sadistic, who gets off on other peoples handicaps or weakness's or whatever determent.

18. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    No. Its been apparent for a while. But there was enough concrete evidence aired out during todays show to completely put to rest any argument to the contrary of those bullet points. If you still argue with those bullet points, you should check into a loony bin, cause reality aint your thing.

Today proved, absolutely, that howard has no bite, he never was any good at anything other than THSS, he doesnt take real callers, that he faces adversity by ignoring it, etc...

It turned out to be interesting radio today after all. Anytime someone argues with you, pull up today's tape and play it for them.

19. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Private Parts was ok. As were his two books... But boil it down: its him playing the role of himself in his life story... Takes real talent there...

Anything he did that didnt involve such an easy role for him (i.e. porkys, rock n roll high school, son of a beach) either sucked or never got made.

20. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    I think this lawsuit failure is a serious wakeup to Howard. I really think he believed that he could change the tide of the country through his influence. He probably whole heartedly believed he'd exceed the 10,000,000 listener threshold and be able to negotiate an even better contract with a windfall profit sharing agreement. When he saw that wouldn't happen he probably convinced himself that someone was holding him back. I just wonder at what point he realized that he would not revolutionize the medium of Satellite radio? He put Sirius on the map, but there were a lot of other things working in there favor primarily the NFL--I don't listen to Howard much at all, but I still always listen to my team when I'm driving, and I'll pay the price just for that alone.

I wonder if he gets into this type of discussion with his therapist, or if he remains in denial? There was a time where I would have backed Howard on anything, but now its a joke and I'm thrilled that he lost. I actually hope Sirius sues him for breach of contract (i.e. shitty radio). When I think back, the only real influence Howard ever had was in NYC, Philly, and maybe a couple other smaller markets like Pittsburgh and some Florida areas, but I believed he influenced the world. He sold the snake oil well, and most of us actually paid for it, but now this marks the beginning of his pathetic decline--He could have went out on top or close, he will now be a footnote in Satellite radio history.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012