Things that make you go HMMMMM?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Vashier, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/94534560028/us-airdrops-to-stranded-yazidis-were-dropped-without

from Hot Air:

C’mon, we didn’t really forget to attach parachutes to the food and water we’re dropping, did we?

I was on board an Iraqi Army helicopter, and watched as hundreds of refugees ran towards it to receive one of the few deliveries of aid to make it to the mountain. The helicopter dropped water and food from its open gun bays to them as they waited below. General Ahmed Ithwany, who led the mission, told me: “It is death valley. Up to 70 per cent of them are dead.”

Two American aid flights have also made it to the mountain, where they have dropped off more than 36,000 meals and 7,000 gallons of drinking water to help the refugees, and last night two RAF C-130 transport planes were also on the way.

However, Iraqi officials said that much of the US aid had been “useless” because it was dropped from 15,000ft without parachutes and exploded on impact.

Krohn’s piece was also published today at the Daily Mail. The opening is identical to the opening of the story quoted above but the detail about U.S. aid without parachutes is missing. WaPo’s account of what’s happening on Mount Sinjar also mentions nothing about missing parachutes and exploded aid, but does have this:
    Airdrops of food and water — which apparently went awry — were followed by airstrikes, including four on Friday that targeted Islamic State positions around the mountain…

The family took refuge on a barren patch of land, and for the last three days of their ordeal they survived by sharing bottle-cap amounts of water from the last of their meager supplies. Food dropped by U.S. warplanes landed between their sanctuary and the Islamic State positions and could not be reached. For three days, they did not eat.

- See more at: http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/94...dis-were-dropped-without#sthash.qBxBOANV.dpuf

smichal likes this.
  2. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
  3. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :lol: I loved that episode!

Who knew turkeys can't fly...

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    That's O's way of appearing to care without caring at all. You don't want to offend your brothers now do you?

Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  5. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey, them parachutes cost money, ya know!

6. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    As god as my witness....I thought turkeys could fly.

joyceface, mothra1orbit and Blur like this.
  7. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And now ... more music and less Nessman.

joyceface likes this.
  8. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Never made any sense... turkeys fly quite well.