Things to consider about e upcoming war with north Korea

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Since Kim Jong un appears to want to go to war, I'm thinking back to the last few wars and I do believe it possible that there are some things I'm gonna find entertaining about this war in particular...

For instance, can you imagine the korean version of the Iraqi information minister? At least the Iraqi dude was just a liar... Korean leadership publishes news about un being related to unicorns.

2. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Almost as fun as FOX News making claims about Yahweh Sabaoth, Lord of Armies, being responsible for Creation and being a divine being.

3. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Remember to not grow yellow flowers on the west coast. Those bastards can use them for camouflage.

4. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    are we taking odds on how long it will last this time? put me down for 4 hours.

5. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  6. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hahaha seriously?

Iraq had NO nukes, a smaller army and was already beat up from the war in the 90's and that took us almost 10 years WITH british help.

DPRK has nukes and the 4th largest army in the world. They've also been prepping for this for 50years.

This won't be fun. A lot of our good soldiers will die. WE DONT WANT OR NEED THIS WAR.

7. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    There will be no war. EVERYONE in the military intelligence community realizes that they are no real threat and are only doing this posturing to try and get some much needed money from the evil american govt.

8. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    you have a very strange opinion of what it takes to participate in a war.

of all the resources necessary the big 2 are food and fuel; NK has neither. NK gets their foods from us, so how do they feed their soldiers? how are all those soldiers going to get anywhere? they have no air force; they have 4 boats in their "navy". they have to travel through China to get anyplace except they have limited fuel that comes through so korea who might not be in the mood to supply them.

we don't necessarily have to invade to effectively succeed; all we have to do is starve them out while we occasionally lob a few missiles over the border. china already agreed to tough sanctions & they might not like having a military on their borders. every time they launch a missile we take out another part of Pyongyang.

There is nothing in NK we want. If they had oil reserves like Iraq or Iran it might be different, but they have nothing we are interested in so there is no reason for us to land troops or to try not to damage their infrastructure because they have none so this is nothing like your example..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  9. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    thats all they ever do it for. during the Bush and Clinton administrations it worked and we bribed them to keep quiet. Now nobody has the disposable funds to support them in the manner to which they want to become accustomed.

10. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    Seriously? Strange view? I majored in International Relations with a concentration on east asian studies.

Let's tackle a couple of misconceptions that are constantly thrown around about north korea ever since it became popular to laugh at them when trey parker and matt stone told everyone to.

North korea follows a socialst SONGUN policy. This is a military first state philosophy invented by kim Il sung which puts the military above everyone and everything else(except of course for the opulent leaders). The people of north korea starve because all the money is spent on tanks and guns. Soldiers are the best fed people in the country - the government must keep them happy. They are happily ready to fight and die for their country.

As for the navy, it is a brown water navy. We have a blue water navy. I know nothing about americas brown water navy capabilities, but I know we wernt too hot in vietnam - which was a brown water naval war.

This will be a dirty, brutal, violent war - possibly a proxy war - just like vietnam. Most people in the DPRK don't know how good we have it in the rest of the world. They think they live in paradise and are trained to kill americans starting in elementary school. They are ready, willing and happy to kill us.

I said it before and I'll say it again - if it happens(and I'm 50/50 that it will now)it will be horrific.

11. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Neither side wants another war. NORKs are just posturing because they got slapped with sanctions that will cripple them in less than a year. They've painted themselves into a corner and there's no way out. NORKs also want a ceasefire agreement with SK & US and promise from US that it won't seek regime change. They realized that armistice is not a good solution for them.

Expect some UN mediation to reduce tensions in the next few weeks.

However, the war could break out if someone from either side 'unintentionally' fired on the other side. That can easily happen when you have a ton of soldiers on ether side sitting in watch towers and they get bored and start seeing ghosts.

12. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    VERY true.

13. ELMACO510

ELMACO510 Resident Asshole VIP

Reputations:
    I agree with you on the most important point - we don't need a war. But, I gotta correct you on a few of points;

1. Iraq had the 4th largest military in 1991. EVERYONE said the same thing you're saying now; 10s or 100s of thousands of Americans will die, the war will last for decades. And we all know how that ended.

2. The PRK has been prepping for 50 years. Yeah, and unfortunately for them, with the same equipment and training. BTW, we've also been planning and training for this war for 50 years.

3. They have nukes, the iraqis didnt. They have no means of delivering them. This is not a major threat either.

The reality is we will CRUSH PRK. It will not even be close. If they decide to invade South Korean, that country will sustain some loss and some Americans will die but that we last all of a few weeks, if not a few days.

China has some stake in this as well. They don't want this war. Unlike the 1950s, they aren't going to fight along side the North Koreans. Again, the PRK weapons and tactics are 60 years dated. Their moral and military financing is even worse. We will crush them. Make no mistake.

Having said that, this is why the liberals need to get off the free handout kick with Obamacare, foodstamps, welfare and read the Constitution. Understand the ONLY constitutional mandate for this government is to protect our people. PERIOD.

14. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    DPRK has no nukes either. They have nuсlеаr technology and have constructed bоmbs but those were the size of a house. They have NO WEAPONIZED nukes! They can't just slap it onto a missile. They could threaten with dirty nukes however (it's basically spent nuсlеаr fuel that would not cause any damage through explosion but would make an an area over which it is dispersed uninhabitable for thousands of years).

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...only human compassion will stop the usa from pounding that pig nose in the ground. he may not realise it but he doesnt want the wrath of the us military using his side of the boarder for target practice. he would be fucked up in less than an hour.

16. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    yeah but i'm pretty sure there are high school kids who can scrape together enough uranium from or radioactive cobalt from medical refuse to make a small dirty bomb now. I'm more afraid of the high school kids than i am of NK: NK wants food and financial aid; dirty the crops and that's what we will send them.

17. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    human compassion stops at the first american hurt.

18. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    so basically everything else you said afterward is BS?

19. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    Oh and one thing I've got to say:

I'm an american through and through, 100%. I don't want people to misunderstand my comments as being pro-PRK or sympathetic to that maniac.

ElMaco you make some great points but this is going to be like a bull in a china shop if it takes place.

I'm nervous. Seoul is a HUGE city and is right on the border.

I just feel that people are underestimating this lunatics power.

20. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    Yep. Totally made up. 100% invented by me because I'm bored.

Sheesh.

Not every argument has someone who is right and someone who is wrong.

If either of us were totally correct there would be no need for war my friend.