Thinking about moving to Washington to start a new career in the Marijuana Industry

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Lostronaut, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Lostronaut

Lostronaut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Any pointers?

2. Gwarn1

Gwarn1 Worlds poorest sugar daddy VIP

Reputations:
    Bring money

3. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Grease a palm or two.

4. boxers

boxers Guest

Reputations:
    hydroponics .......and connections with a mexican cartel
    Washington has nothing to do with it

5. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You still have to deal with the local services.

Owning a brick and mortar business means greasing the palms of the local government services.

6. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    You better be ready to step the fuck up...

[​IMG]

7. Teabag

Teabag ◬ Tearbag ◬ VIP

Reputations:
    They have classes here you can take that tell you how to get a pot business started. It was featured on the news recently. Google that shit.

8. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just first I'd like to acknowledge Lostronaut as one of the posters I find most interesting here at the Bar...thanks (no homo)!

I lived in Seattle for four years, and here's a few points to consider:

Washington is very expensive, particularly in the NW/Seattle part of the state. Real estate is among the most expensive anywhere. The problem is that many, many people are California transplants, leaving their current states' ass-raping behind having boatloads of cash to overbid on desired Seattle area properties...it's a running joke there. Also when I was in Seattle, it was like the wild west as far as new building was concerned. If you had a normal-slightly over-sized back yard, you'd build 3-5 stories of condos...it was fucking crazy.

It's not nearly as rainy as its reputation. I loved living there.

One might wish to consider a move doing whatever it is one does for a living now...at least until the federal repeal of prohibition.

As with any "grass roots" organization, one needs to start with the basics. There's gotta be a forum...ask Diego.

9. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    depends on what you are thinking.

are you looking to open a dispensary or just grow?

10. sstressed

Reputations:

this.

and keep in mind that the gubment, either federal, state or local, can change their minds about pot and end it all with the swipe of a pen.

11. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    I think I read that there is going to be a strict statewide limit on dispensaries. It may be too late to get in that game. Growing might be another thing though. That would be ultra cool to be a legal pot farmer.

12. sstressed

Reputations:

they made dispensary owners jump though many hoops, stopped the process, then had them jump through some more, and then when the politicians couldn't stop it anymore, they finally allowed them to open. years after we voted to have them.

fucking politicians.

13. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    1. Set-up your hydro system. There are tons of ways to do it, look on the net for your favorite. We preferred the ice chest method

2. Buy a few.....say, 15 clones, to start

3. Spray clones to kill any ticks or bad insects BEFORE bringing them into your grow room

4. Follow a grow recipe. I still have our old one if you want it

5. "Veg" (grow your clones) under fluorescents 24 hours a day for a month at least before you go to flower. They should be 1-2ft tall after a month. They will double in size from when you remove from veg until harvest

6. Depending on strain, flowering will take 8-9 weeks in general. Follow the recipe, keep your room clean and sealed from the rest of the house always. Make sure you have charcoal exhaust fans because when they start to bloom they will REEK

Now, there are hundreds of different variations on every step here. This is the way we did it BUT I would suggest moving them outside to flower if possible. You'll save a ton of money on electric bills if you do. Let the sun do the work. Depending on such factors as strain, time of year (12 hours of sunlight every day?), and the worst danger of all - neighborhood kids who will rip you off - it's still way cheaper if you can avoid those dangers. If you DO decide to go outdoors, get a dog who will warn you, "Hey! Some fucking 12 year old punks are stealing our weed!" :)

14. sstressed

Reputations:
    i was telling spue how jealous i was that he could grow monsters outside while my indoor couldn't come close to the same weight.
    then he mentioned having to sleep outside to protect them.

fuck that. :leaf:

and for growing, i'm a super soil fan.

15. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    Was the "reek" a good reek or a bad reek? I realize you don't want your whole house to smell but I love some pot aromas.

16. sstressed

Reputations:
    i typically grow 4 different stains at a time. the smell in the grow room is indescribable. truly a beautiful mix of spicy and fruity.

i use an air filter set up to cleanse the odors. and i have several fabreeze plug ins thoughout the house just in case. i'm a legal grower but i don't need the pizza guy to know something is going on. :leaf:

17. GHP

Reputations:

Yeah he sleeps with them the last few weeks lol but he lives in a regular suburban neighborhood. I know another guy who did the same thing and his plants had huge arm-sized buds and the plants were taller than we were, but he got ripped off a couple of times (hey you got to go to work or the store sometime)......I was thinking HERE, where we live, because we're away from the maddening crowd and no one comes around here

Soil for smoking, hydro for selling

18. GHP

Reputations:
    One time after an outdoor grow harvest we could barely stand to be in the house it was so overpowering. Lasted a couple of days. Then we learned about exhaust fans and sealing off rooms :p

19. sstressed

Reputations:
    :jj:

yeah, oy, that smell.

back in my youff, i had many many kilos of pot in my home one day. a friend came up and said he could smell it on the street and we still had to bag up most of it. :eek:

it was the last big pot thing i did. to much bulk, too much smell. fuck that.

i got a better idea. :)

20. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:

degenerate