This dude is mad...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nick Beef, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Nick Beef

Nick Beef New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's got
    [​IMG]

4. Nick Beef

Reputations:
    His meltdown in that thread was pretty funny. I hope for his sake that it's all schtick. I'd hate to think someone would lose it so badly based on shit people said on the Internet.

5. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I doubt it's shtick, bud. He's all serious business when it comes to internetting.

6. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    He hopes I jump into a dumpster full of AIDS.

What he doesn't know is I do that shit for the lulz on sunny weekends.

7. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    This thread is now about gardening.

Sooooo, I just bought another house, and it has a ridiculous back yard. A buddy of mine and I are going to do up a few gardens on it. There's already a spot that's probably 12X10 and has a concrete border around it, so we're going to use that for onions, beans, and cucumbers. Then there's a spot behind it that we're planting potatoes (doing it with the tire method). I have 14 truck tires en route to the property for that.

Tonight, we're cutting sod for the main garden, which will measure around 800 square feet when done.

I'm just going to go ahead and order 1000 mason jars for next year.

8. Nick Beef

Reputations:
    I guess he didn't appreciate us gif bombing his thread. He had one of the most popular threads yesterday. Thought he would be happy about that.

9. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    That thread was fucking awesome, IMO. I'd be grateful if people would shit up my fucking horrible threads.

10. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nick, you are so much cooler than that Matthew Rosa guy.

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    One thing I've noticed about jars is there are a LOT of people who just have them around. My wife's granny had some from her mom and there were some real classics in there we used. Just an FYI. You can often get them for free. I got about 100 of them at an estate sale. Some old people died and the old lady liked to can years ago but quit because of health. I got them for a buck. Shit you not. They were going to the recycler.

Have picked up flats of jars at garage sales, too, for cheap.

Now the lids? Well, you gotta use new ones every time but you can often time them seasonally. I'll get a box of them for a quarter if I time it right.

The wife and I have stopped growing the more common shit in the garden because it's not worth it. Why grow a tomato you can buy at the farmer's market for a decent price? And we're buying organic ones.

So, we've switched to stuff that is tough to find or very expensive to make it worth our effort. We've been growing purple potatoes that are difficult to find and when you do find them are like $5 a piece or some shit.

Those are worth growing. Or we're growing easy stuff like jalapenos. Those are so fucking easy to grow and the bugs and squirrels don't fuck with them.

12. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I've searched Craigslist for jars, but all I can find around here are the fucking jars that some asshole has decorated for potpourri, etc.

And you're lucky to be in the south, where you can get tomatoes year round, ya prick. Here we have to get crappy "hothouse" tomatoes which suck dogshit.

13. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Have you had success with the potatoes in tires before? I've only seen it once and it wasn't great. I personally plant them good and deep the hill the soil up leaving only a few inches of plant. When there's no more dirt to pull up I start a deep litter of straw. Grew about 200lbs of beautiful Reds, Yellows and whites.

Also I hope your exaggerating the 1000 jars for a garden that size.

14. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Eh, the tomatoes can be pretty bad down here anymore. The organics can be pretty good. We have to avoid the Florida ones. They just don't have good flavor.

This year was weak for tomatoes. We got too much water. Not much flavor. Did can a bunch, though. Hope they last.

I understand potatoes do really well up there. Strawberries, too.

Sidebar: Are those cornhusker dolls still popular in Iowa?

15. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Yeah, I was exaggerating. However, I'm sure the 15 tomato plants we're doing will probably yield a good amount.

Potatoes: My buddy's wife grew up on a farm, and the farm is still in her family, so we have unlimited access to cow manure, which we're going to mix in with the dirt. A couple people I've talked to had great success with the tire method, you just have to make sure that they get full sun so that it acts like an incubator.

16. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Yeah, potatoes and strawberries are almost like weeds from what I've heard.

I do believe the Amish do the cornhusk dolls. You see them around every so often.

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I've elevated my gardens another 8 inches for the potatoes. The dirt didn't go deep enough before for the potatoes to really do well. We have a LOT of clay here.

So, in total I have about 20 inches of good dirt for the taters. Do you think that's adequate?

18. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There seems to be a canning revolution going on around southern ontario. There used to be tons of jars for dirt cheap and now there dick all around. I needed a bunch of jars for curing and storing of my "alternative" vegetables and I had to break down and buy new. They were almost a buck per jar.

19. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    What's the deal with purple potatoes?

20. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    how can a person love SP and be that humorless at the same time? Deep questions by Jack Handy