News This is the attitude cops face from the "community"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuckin' low-life garbage.............

Sheldon Leftenant guilty of attempted murder in shooting of Officer Mark Collins
    Updated January 26, 2016 8:37 PM
    By Andrew Smith andrew.smith@newsday.com
    Reprints + -
    [​IMG]
    Sheldon Leftenant, right, was convicted on Jan. 26, 2016, in the shooting of plainclothes Suffolk County Police Officer Mark Collins in Huntington Station on March 11, 2015.
    Moments after a Huntington Station man was convicted Tuesday evening of the attempted murder of a Suffolk police officer, the defendant’s sister announced in the courtroom hall that the next cop who’s shot won’t survive.
    “The next one who gets shot will get killed,” said Sheldon Leftenant’s sister, as colleagues of Officer Mark Collins walked by, shocked. “Next time, the [expletive] will be dead on the ground.”

Her angry words came after a jury convicted Leftenant, 23, of attempted aggravated murder, second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and resisting arrest.
    Leftenant faces 40 years to life in prison when state Supreme Court Justice John Collins sentences him on March 11 — a year to the day from when Leftenant shot the officer in the neck, nearly killing him.
    The reaction to the verdict surprised Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla.
    Suffolk County police Officer Mark Collins leaves the courtroom of Judge John Collins in the trial of Seldon Leftenant at Riverhead Criminal Court on Monday, Jan. 25, 2016. Photo Credit: Joseph D. Sullivan
    “That’s crazy stuff,” he said. “That just gives you a flavor of what these guys [officers] are facing out in this community. That’s the mentality.”
    Both Leftenant and Officer Collins were expressionless as they heard the verdict delivered by a sobbing forewoman, but the mother of Leftenant’s child broke into tears, had an anxiety attack and passed out in the courtroom.
    The jury deliberated almost three hours. Collins declined to comment afterward.
    Leftenant’s attorney, Ian Fitzgerald, said he was pleased the jury gave the case “due consideration.”
    In his closing argument earlier in the day, he told jurors that his client “did not intend to kill anybody on March 11, 2015. That’s the central issue in this case.”
    Long IslandSuffolk County police officer Mark Collins released after he was shot twice [​IMG]
    Fitzgerald said when Collins and other plainclothes officers used an unmarked car to stop the speeding car Leftenant was in, he and the three others in the vehicle couldn’t be sure they were dealing with police.
    And after Leftenant ran, Fitzgerald said if he intended to kill Collins, he could have done it. Instead, he fired four shots wildly after Collins tackled him, Fitzgerald said. “That’s not intent,” he said.
    Biancavilla, a former police officer, told jurors that police “give us peace of mind. They give us peace when we put our heads down on the pillow at night.”
    He said Leftenant’s intent was clear when he pulled the trigger four times from inches away, hitting Collins twice.
    “Sheldon Leftenant did not want to get caught with the gun,” Biancavilla said. “If it meant killing Officer Collins by shooting him four times, that’s what he did.”

Leftenant emptied his revolver before running away from the injured Collins.
    “And that’s why Officer Collins happens to be here today, folks,” Biancavilla said. “Because Sheldon ran out of bullets.”
    He noted that Leftenant knew Collins was a cop — they’d already known each other for eight years from previous encounters and had chatted briefly the night of the shooting before Leftenant abruptly bolted from the traffic stop.
    Collins has returned to work and is now in the police department’s Emergency Services Unit.
    Biancavilla said he was gratified by the verdict.
    [​IMG]

“You win one for the good guys sometimes,” he said. “This guy, Mark Collins, is a real hero.”

kingofallmessicans and TeeDonkey like this.
  2. kingship

kingship Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This shit makes my blood boil. I hope the sister takes the place of the next innocent victim struck by a stray bullet fired by a member of "the community." Cunt.

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If Obama had an angry son.......

4. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He was just on his way to college.

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    What is the sister's DawgShed name?

Bababoey31 and babybear like this.
  6. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rumballs:hilarious:

kingship, TeeDonkey, babybear and 3 others like this.
  7. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    So how is this not considered a terroristic threat? Don't they lock people up for saying they're going to kill someone?

8. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I wonder if this conviction will jeopardize his position as a Dem election judge.

kingship, babybear and JameGumb like this.
  9. al pacinos baby

al pacinos baby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope his sister is arrested after being pulled over and dies three days later in her cell.

10. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    huntington station....the blight in an otherwise wonderful place to live. i miss huntington sometimes, it's a great town (except for HS).

babybear likes this.
  11. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    freedom of speech, u might of heard of it

12. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    I don't think so.
    Terroristic threats are not "covered" by freedom of speech last I checked.
    You have freedom of speech, you don't have freedom of consequences from that speech.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  13. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I feel terrible. Who could have seen this guilty verdict coming? It's like it just fell out of the sky...

Take that guy and his sister and throw them in the back of a garbage truck then turn on the compactor.

kingofallmessicans likes this.
  14. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    That was clearly a threat. Not like a cop could say the same thing about one of those thugs.

15. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Actually, telling someone you're going to kill them is Assault; Simple, a misdemeanor.

But good luck getting it prosecuted.

Wangold likes this.
  16. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Put up walls. If they wanna govern and police themselves, by all means. They just need to show their hood pass to get in.

Once they're in, we can begin the long, arduous, job-creating process of sawing that chunk of land off of the United States and setting it adrift back toward Africa.

Then, so as not to subject Africa's lions, giraffes, and gazelles to real animals, when the newly man-made continent of Dindu is about halfway there, we just nuke the fucking place with every piece of hellfire we've got lying around.

I've just solved America's greatest problem. My name is BrerJimmy and I approve this message.

kingship and kingofallmessicans like this.
  17. WUT7272G7C

WUT7272G7C Space Chimp

Reputations:
    Well written.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Scarlett Ohara and goldtopper like this.
  18. chief0124

chief0124 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it has to be against a specific person (or persons) to qualify as a chargeable threat. Even then, there's a lot of leeway. And since she's talking about killing cops (generally), it could be argued that what she is saying is political speech which is protected.

19. Feeline

Feeline Active Member

Reputations:
    I wish there was a laughing emoticon...