This is why i hate the media.......

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Think they're not biased?..Does this belong on a major NYC newspaper website?...Major news?

Horseshit.....Make sure whitey is portrayed as if we're still in the 1800's

Racist dad prevents daughter from attending black girl’s birthday party in Tennessee
    BY Tobias Salinger
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 10:14 PM
    [​IMG] WREG-TV
    Despite the note, little Harmony Jones had a great birthday party, a local news station reported.
    A 10-year-old girl was trying to have a birthday party and a race relations discussion broke out.

African-American child Harmony Jones invited a friend to her party on Friday night in Memphis, Tenn., but the young girl got a stunning magic marker note in return: her friend’s dad wouldn’t let her attend due to the birthday girl’s race, WREG-TV reported.

The unidentified child wrote in blue, green and pink, “Maby [SIC] I will not be able to come to your birthday sleepover, because my dad will not let me go because you are black.”

The girl added, “Not trying to be races [SIC], but my mom let me go. Happy birthday!”

Despite the shocking illustration of one parent’s prejudice, the episode shouldn’t be viewed as either a reflection on the children’s school, Highland Oaks Elementary School, or the community that’s changed around it in the Hickory Hill area, Highland Oaks PTA president Barbara Davis told the Daily News.

“We have a lot wider variety of populations at the school, but, in saying that, we’ve been a very close group,” said Davis, who has three children attending the school and denounced the letter as a regrettable isolated incident. “I’m calling them ignorant, but it’s their choice to feel that way, right or wrong.”

Davis declined to state the racial breakdown of the elementary school, noting that the birthday party was not a school-sanctioned event. But she acknowledged that the area had changed in recent years, a story told vividly by census data for the zip code occupied by the school.

[​IMG] WREG-TV
    Harmony's father Christopher Jones expressed surprise that racism touched his daughter's get-together.
    In 2000, the suburban area near the border of Mississippi showed a total population of 23,829 with white residents making up 54% of the population and African-Americans numbering only 41% of residents, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. These days, however, the population has grown to 37,766, with the white population now making up just 17% of all total residents and black residents now comprising 75% of the population, the latest data shows.

Regardless of the big changes the neighborhood has seen, the birthday girl’s father, Christopher Jones, expressed surprise that the girl’s father wouldn’t want his daughter to attend.

“It angered me a little bit, it hurt me that my 10-year-old girl had to deal with this, and I myself never thought I would have to deal with this,” Jones told WREG. “I guess us as parents [we] need to be more aware and conscious about what we teach our children.”

Despite the note of racist regret from her friend, Harmony Jones had an enjoyable and successful 10th birthday with friends who did attend, the TV station reported.

2. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama.

3. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    WTF, A little kids birthday party is a news story? Idiots!

BethSucks and Shortwave98 like this.
  4. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Sounds like a copy-cat of that false flag story where parents wouldn't let their kid go to a party because the kid had 2 daddies.

:bsflag:

Ta Ta Toothy and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Smart dad - some kind of set up.

Shortwave98 and Mr Fantastic like this.
  6. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    haha getting upset at the truth....RACISM is taught at home, everybody knows that...:kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk::kkk:

Mulletude, Droog and John Smith like this.
  7. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:

1VG! This is now a party!

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  8. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Its racist to exercise your Rights as a parent...:coffee:

9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    In case you've been on stranded on an island and don't know, you're a racist white devil, and black people are innocent victims.
    -the media, and obama

Ta Ta Toothy, reno and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    here's another from the same site, also today

South Dakota gun show seller defends using racist posters for target practice
    BY Deborah Hastings
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 6:37 PM
    [​IMG]
    A South Dakota man was banned from a local gun show after he started selling 'Runnin’ N-----‘ targets.
    A South Dakota man has been banned from a gun show after he was caught selling racist posters to be used in target practice.

The unidentified vendor had been charging 10 cents each for the black-and-white signs that showed a grotesque caricature of an African-American under the words "Runnin' N----- Target," KSFY-TV reported.

When the station's photographer asked why the targets were being sold, the man defended his merchandise.

"Why aren't they? They're just targets," he said Sunday.

"Aren't they offensive in nature?'' the camera man countered.

"To who?" replied the vendor. "Are you Negro? You know, there are some black people and then there some Negroes."

Collector's Classic Gun Show in Sioux Falls banned the seller as soon as organizer Bob Campbell was informed of the bigoted merchandise.

"I take pride in the work I do and the quality of the shows I put out," he told the station. "And I'm very disappointed, disgusted to see what was on that table."

Shortwave98, PI Nate and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  11. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fake story. 10 year old blaek girl's father is still around.

12. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I agree with the article. Not all news is major. This is Tennessee, birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan, the kid's father didn't say he was concerned about his daughter being in a bad neighborhood, said it was simply because she was black (according to the kid). That's his right but good for the media who reported it, even though it's not a major story. Not letting your daughter attend a party because the birthday girl is a different race sets a bad example, only problem with the article is they should have gotten a quote from the allegedly racist dad to give him a chance to respond.

13. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How many stories are printed about black parents not letting their kids go to a white kids party. I'm sure it happens, but the media will never report it. Haven't you heard, only whites are raciest hate mongers?

BethSucks and Head Censor like this.
  14. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well, come on. This is the narrative you have to promote so that you can continue to convince one half of the white folks that there's a compelling reason for us to "right these wrongs" through the funding of the multitude of social programs that exist in this nation. If it weren't for the constant inundation of heart wrenching, but usually overblown, stories like this, they would start to figure out that such social programs are nothing but a massive vote buying scheme.

I harp on this only because, as a person living in the greater Los Angeles area, I see untold numbers of racially motivated hateful acts and crimes perpetrated on a routine basis. A very small percentage of them involve white people.

Ta Ta Toothy and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  15. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    African-American child Harmony Jones invited a friend to her party on Friday night in Memphis, Tenn., but the young girl got a stunning magic marker note in return: her friend’s dad wouldn’t let her attend due to the birthday girl’s race, WREG-TV reported.

The unidentified child wrote in blue, green and pink, “Maby [SIC] I will not be able to come to your birthday sleepover, because my dad will not let me go because you are black.”

Where's the note???

16. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like the shaming. And this isn't the media's fault it's the free market at work. These kinds of stories make the news because people read them. You're furthering that by sharing it here.

scoobyla likes this.
  17. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Squirrel here fell out of a tree.
    He didnt get hurt but these news people might want to send a camerman and news crew here to cover the story.

18. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes, indeed. It has been my experience that the biggest racist I have ever met have been people of color. Besides the usual racist crap like a black co-worker complaining that she got a speeding ticket because she was black (who do white people blame when they get pulled over?), I have witnessed light skinned blacks say some incredible racist stuff about dark skinned blacks. I had a spanish neighbor apologize to me because her granddaughter was a darker color. I mean WTF? Who says that???

Head Censor likes this.
  19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "whitey" isnt poytrayed as anything.
    that 1 guy is a fool whos acting counter to whats best for his kid, and its sad

dawg and Head Censor like this.
  20. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

So how long after them getting this harrable "note" did they run and get the media on the phone? :facepalm:

And this helps them how?

chief0124 likes this.