This is why I hate UPS and FedEx for leaving unattended packages at doors

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Dec 18, 2014.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For years UPS and FedEx have left packages at your door if your not home. You have to hope that thieves like these aren't around. I sell stuff on eBay all the time but I always require a signature so this can't happen. I have always wondered how UPS handles claims from people who say they never got the package. The driver has to enter on his log that he left package by the door. UPS knows they have to pay the claim if someone says they didn't get the package. If I send out a package and insure it for $300 and don't require signature they still have to pay. No where on the form that you fill out does it say UPS will leave package outside if no one is home. The way they used to do it was make several delivery attempts and then the receiver would have to go to the UPS depot to pick up the package. Now UPS gambles. They have a statistical study into what areas where most thefts are. In those areas they don't leave the package outside. Years ago I lived in a house with a gate to enter the backyard. I was waiting for a delivery from a company but I didn't know when they were going to send it. I finally got around to calling them and they said the package was delivered. The UPS guy hid it behind a bush inside my gate. Naturally it had rained for several days and the packaged was soaked. No note was left by UPS that they were there or left the package. Total idiots!!!

smichal and Chibbs like this.
  2. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    lately UPS has been requiring a signature, but Fed-ex are dopes, they leave stuff on my stairs and the property abuts the sidewalk, even someone who isn't "a thief would be tempted to just walk buy and grab it

3. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Definitely a heroin addict stealing for a fix.

Senator Rick likes this.
  4. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Scumbags

smichal likes this.
  5. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    It all depends on the sender. They have to require it when purchasing the postage, right?

I agree it's much safer, but they probably can't require it of everything. Logistically they'd double their labor by bringing things back and forth all the time.

What we SHOULD do is invent exploding wrapping paper that send glass shards and debris into the face and groin of unauthorized recipients.

smichal, Senator Rick and Wangold like this.
  6. Dick Nose

Dick Nose Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's all about production. Is always the drivers fault. Always left note where I hid package and reg customers and I agreed to where pkg would be left. Now so many diff drivers on a route.

7. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Delivery guys don't care -they think the insurance will take care of whatever is stolen.

EndOfLine likes this.
  8. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I had FOUR deliveries form USPS yesterday. 1 from my regular mailperson in the USPS truck, and packages were brought by 3 different plain close people driving personal cars. :dontknow:

I guess they hire extra help for the holidays but it seemed odd watching some guy in a Taurus rummage around the pile of boxes laying on his front passenger seat for mine. :scratch:

smichal and Petal like this.
  9. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Why are you paying extra for the signature when it's UPS's problem if the package gets stolen?

10. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They probably drive around all day chasing after delivery trucks to steal what's left at people's doors....POS

11. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    If you are selling someting, it's protection for YOU. The customer can just say "I never received it". I used to require signatures but I had too many complaints and request to not require them.

12. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If putting shit on the back of a horse and then slapping the horse with a broom was good enough for my great-great granddad its good enough for me

smichal and Petal like this.
  13. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how else are the people in The Bar going to pay the rent?

reno, ScottBaiosPenis and Dick Nose like this.
  14. Beth Stern

Beth Stern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :haha::haha::haha:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  15. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Yes and it's UPS's problem if the customer says he didn't get it.

16. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I've been home when a UPS guy delivers something and he doesn't even bother to ring the doorbell before heading back to the truck.

Dude, I don't want to talk to you either, but a heads up on the drop off would be nice.

smichal, Rupert Pupkin and Captain like this.
  17. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My friend just retired from Fed ex after 20 years. He had great relations with his customers-really went above and beyond.
    He's a rarity tho, I'm sure.

smichal, Shortwave98 and Blur like this.
  18. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    My Favorite story is what Best Buy just did to me. I bought my husband a new laptop for Christmas, marked it on the delivery order as a gift....what did these idiots do? they slap a ups sticker on the actual box the computer came in, with giant advertisement of the computer on the cover! so he got home before me, gets the package, and knew immediately it was the computer for him....dopes.....

smichal likes this.
  19. GLguygardner

GLguygardner WE DA BEST!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    FedEx does this shit where they pass off a package to the post office to deliver. Motherfucker, I'm expecting FedEx to come to my door. The mailmen here in Brooklyn have been awful these past few months since our regular mailman retired last year. Have had two packages mysteriously disappear this past month:mad:

smichal likes this.
  20. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I once caught a neighborhood kid stealing my UPS package.
    I had been noticing that items I was ordering from Amazon were not always showing up. I decided to keep an eye out for the UPS guy one day when I saw my package was 'out for delivery'. No sooner had the guy dropped my shit off, I noticed a little kid from across the street come tearing over as soon as the truck pulled away. He scooped my package right off the ground and headed back across the street as if it were a normal day.
    I followed him across the street to the apartment complex he lived at, and saw him sitting in the court yard, unwrapping the Siamese cat calendar I had purchased. I confronted the kid, called the police, then had to contend with his bitch mother who insisted that her son would never steal shit from anyone. I knew god damn good and well the little fuck was responsible for all the the missing boxes but he denied, denied, denied.
    The cop scared the kid for me, and then I moved away a few weeks later.