This Priest must be a charter NAMBLA member

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Here's this poor guy, Sandusky"

A well-known Catholic priest who hosts a weekly religious television show said in an interview this week that child sex abusers are often seduced by teenage boys and should not go to jail on a first offense. But the comments were removed by the website that published them and replaced by an apology from the priest and the site's editors.
    The Rev. Benedict Groeschel, 79, who hosts a weekly show on the Catholic television network EWTN, originally made the comments in an interview with the National Catholic Register. He also referred to convicted pedophile Jerry Sandusky as a "poor guy."
    "People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to -- a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster -- 14, 16, 18 -- is the seducer," Groeschel was quoted as saying in the interview, which is no longer available on the paper's website.
    The interview has now been replaced by a statement from Fr. Benedict:
    "I apologize for my comments," it said. "I did not intend to blame the victim. A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be. I have spent my life trying to help others the best that I could. I deeply regret any harm I have caused to anyone."
    Jeanette R. De Melo, the site's editor in chief, included her own apology for posting the interview.
    "Child sexual abuse is never excusable," she wrote. "The editors of the National Catholic Register apologize for publishing without clarification or challenge Father Benedict Groeschel's comments that seem to suggest that the child is somehow responsible for abuse. Nothing could be further from the truth."
    The interview, billed as a reflection on the 25 years since Groeschel founded the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal order, covered many topics, but Groeschel's comments on child sexual abuse brought it national attention.
    "Well, it's not so hard to see. A kid looking for a father and didn't have his own -- and they won't be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping, but not having intercourse or anything like that. I's an understandable thing, and you know where you find it, among other clergy or important people; you look at teachers, attorneys, judges, social workers," Groeschel was quoted as saying.
    Quotes from the interview remained posted on websites including the National Catholic Reporter, the Huffington Post, and the Catholic blog Renew America, all of which criticized Groeschel for the remarks.
    Tom Roberts of the National Catholic Reporter called the comments "particularly disturbing" because of Groeschel's background in psychology. He received a Ph.D. in psychology from Columbia University.
    "(The comments) cannot stand unchallenged," Roberts wrote.
    Groeschel could not be reached for comment. Representatives for the National Catholic Register and EWTN did not immediately return calls for comment.
    Groeschel had also commented on recently-convicted pedophile Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State coach convicted of abusing 10 boys over a 15-year period.
    "Here's this poor guy -- Sandusky -- it went on for years. Interesting: Why didn't anyone say anything? Apparently, a number of kids knew about it and didn't break the ice. Well, you know, until recent years, people did not register in their minds that it was a crime. It was a moral failure, scandalous; but they didn't think of it in terms of legal things," Groeschel said.
    He also said that he did not think priests or lay people should go to jail based on a first offense of sexual behavior with young children.
    "At this point, (when) any priest, any clergyman, any social worker, any teacher, any responsible person in society would become involved in a single sexual act -- not necessarily intercourse -- they're done. And I'm inclined to think, on their first offense, they should not go to jail because their intention was not committing a crime."

[​IMG]

2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    He was gentle with me.

3. Keyless Chuck

Keyless Chuck Barely a VIP

Reputations:
    He has a point, 14 year olds sure know how to seduce adults.

4. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm sure I'm gonna offend somebody and I really don't mean to, but how the fuck has the Catholic church not been driven out of this country by now?

I admit that I don't care for any religion, but I'm not attacking the beliefs held by individual Catholics. I'm talking about the institutionalized victimization of children and institutionalized covering up of that victimization that literally spans from local parishes to the pope himself and every aspect of the church in between. If any non-religious organization was responsible for this level of abuse and the worldwide conspiracy to hide it, you'd see feds doing no-knock raids at 3AM and dragging scores of conspirators away in handcuffs. You'd see RICO statutes applied to the entire fucking operation. You'd see Interpol conducting a global dragnet and rounding these fucks up like they were Ted Nugent come duck season. The media would be relentless and politicians would demand that heads roll.

But none of that is happening. The church runs orphanage that are literally molestation factories and it barely gets a headline. The Pope is complicit in moving priests and cardinals around to avoid prosecution and you barely hear a peep. It takes some old creep in a pink hood and a purple robe to blame a 13 year old for the fact that a grown man diddles him in order to catch some negative feedback. It's fucking unreal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  5. johnnyfuel

johnnyfuel Active Member

Reputations:
    I am catholic and I think I am going to convert to Judaism, maybe after I convert I will become rich and I can work three days a week, and be on vacation all the time.....lol

6. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    What a load of shit, everyone knows it's underage girls who do the seducing of men on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

7. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    translation: at my advanced age, i can no longer rely on my mind to filter out all the fucked up shit before it comes out of my mouth. what you are NOW hearing are my real thoughts running out like diarrhea from an ass with a shutoff.

8. killallposers

Reputations:
    true dat :artiejj:

9. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Why don't you take a seat right there and tell us about it.
    [​IMG]
    Just sit right there.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I've seen him on cable the freak

11. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    gentile too

12. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

i don't know. the guy looks completely normal to me...

13. EVOLVER

EVOLVER Member

Reputations:
    :lol:

14. killallposers

Reputations:

you forgot his sweat tea and cookies.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Fuck, now that's some funny shit right there!

16. PiggyMohammad

PiggyMohammad Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]True Dat!
    [​IMG]Word!
    [​IMG]WTF are you talkin' 'bout???

17. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

18. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah ... I've been thinking lately - what with this quote, the "legitimate rape" comment, heck even Whoopi Goldberg's "rape-rape" ... it just goes to show you. You can make laws, have speech-codes in the office, but - you can't chance how people REALLY feel. A lot of people REALLY feel this way. And that's how it continues. :dontknow:

19. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Has anyone read this fruit's wikipedia page? Some choice passages:

"In 1960, Groeschel became the chaplain for the Children’s Village, a Dobbs Ferry, New York based facility for emotionally disturbed children."

"In 1967, he founded The St. Francis House in Brooklyn, New York, which provides a safe haven for young men looking for a new start in life."

Christ, another sick fuck with a pedo farm system.