This thing they call the Wrap Up Show...they can't figure it out

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So now they are not only wrapping up the show content, but also providing a wrap up interview??? Melissa Ethridge, who I didn't give a shit about in the first place, was re-interviewed by John and Gary on the wrap up show --- after being extensively interviewed by Howard on the main show??? WTF is that? I can't believe Howie allows this.

Adding to that mixed up identity, they are now taking sloppy-seconds guest rejects which Howard has turned down (and which are arguably better than the guests that actually get approved), playing show clips (which they were loath to do up until now for some reason), wrapping up non-live best-of content, live shows during extensive vacations which are wrapping up nothing, hosts phoning it in via ISDN (and trying to hide the fact), etc, etc.

What a fucking train wreck this show has become. It was pretty good when it stuck to the mission statement: Wrap up the day's live show. Now it's trying to be a standalone show with standalone content. They should call it the Jon and Gary (shitty) interview show.

I guess they're scrambling to create content for the giant voids which the main show now leaves.

cah155, ARM, mothra1orbit and 3 others like this.
  2. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Hmmm...

bznick likes this.
  3. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Hey Melissa, you ever have a big thick cock?

kippy likes this.
  4. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
  5. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    That's the final straw, I'm outta here!

Droog likes this.
  6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Come through my drive thru window Jon hein :pigout:

7. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I predicted that the next contract will have a version of TWUS with Hein, Booey, Fred & the crew as the main show & Howard will do an Oprah/Foxx deal where he is sched one day a week (by ISDN or live in studio).
    He can also pop on anytime by ISDN if he has something to say or if a guest he likes cannot do his one day.
    Staff keeps jobs, Stern keep brand & access to speaking out on what he wants & SXM keeps the Stern brand at a reduced cost.

ARM likes this.
  8. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :beer:

9. Maddysmom

Maddysmom Kunt Banned User

Reputations:
    Is it 2011? Did we catch Bin Laden yet? Want to take a trip to Fukushima,Japan and see the Nuclear power plants? I hope the Iphone 5 comes with a bigger screen and wonder if "Thor" and "Captain American:The First Avenger" will be as bad as Iron Man 2..........

Joe Bauers and mothra1orbit like this.
  10. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It would be a case of scrambling to fill a content void if Howard actually gave a shit. He doesn't. He cancelled all the Ch.101 shows (Backoffice Radio, Yawn Hein's TV Show, Brandano's Intern Show, Black on Black, SFR, etc) because Sirius told him the costs for those would have to come out of his pocket. So even though Sirius gave him two channels to do with whatever wants, he wants nothing to do with anything that doesn't "pay me, PAY ME".

So Hein and Booey noodging the crappy guests to do their glorified podcast for another "interview" is little more than masturbating themselves to their own misplaced sense of relevance.

"So what was it like being in there with Howard, you just KNOW he's the king of interviews and nobody does it like Howard because he does it best herpa derpa derpa"

ARM, John Mahlin, reno and 3 others like this.
  11. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "The Melissa Etheridge interview was BIBLICAL, Gare. You just know when she stepped in there that it was gonna be historic. Melissa is the best and she's written SO many hits and has SO many great songs and Howard is such a classic rock guy, and even though you didn't really know where it was gonna go, you just knew it was gonna be another one of those great interviews. And the fans loved it. We were sitting in the back listening and just thinking whoa. Amazing."

[​IMG]

12. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    There is a hierarchy for guests. Only the best guests actually make to the HSS.

A List Guests - HSS Show
    B List Guests - Wrap Up Show
    C List Guests - Lieberman Live
    D List Guests - The Jack and Rod Show

13. ILOOKLIKEBETH

ILOOKLIKEBETH ever since than i've been the champ

Reputations:
    didnt heiny say he wasnt going bald,he better ,he better get a cat and roll around in the hair, seems to be working for stern.

mothra1orbit likes this.
  14. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't consider the guest wiggy gets as A-list. I don't think SXM can really attract any a-list guest to the channels. 22 mil subscribers but most just put on the music channels. A-list guest would reach more people being interview by a ham radio station.

John Mahlin and mothra1orbit like this.
  15. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jay Thomas has been goofing on the WUS lately. If he keeps it up he'll be off H101 when his contract is up.

Joe Bauers likes this.
  16. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    8 years later and it's still a work-in-progress.

17. 2 2 Toothie

2 2 Toothie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THIS. Couldn't have summarized it better Omen. When Howard and Gary started hawking Jon Hein as a special talented radio voice/talent that clearly revealed Wig's goal. Here was the progression: First, guest interviews that just happened to wonder the Sirius halls. Previously, these "guest wouldn't come into the HSS. Next, Benji is always in the WUS and vocal. Then, Jon has the power to call staff in (Sal, Richard, Scott, JD, Ronnie) and dismiss then (including Benji). Even Robin and Fred occasionally appear on the show. As the WUS evolves as the premier vehicle, Gary sees himself as head monkey in charge. Just like Howard with his questions because guest say "uh No that isn't right). The WUS is the new HSS

18. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    So many projects and initiatives.....

19. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    He actually listens? What's he been saying?

Joe Bauers likes this.
  20. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Mentioned it a couple of times and goofed on the WUS concept of devoting a show that talks about the main show.