THR reports Sirius CEO wants Howig back!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Blazing Buffalo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Blazing Buffalo

Blazing Buffalo Members Only

Reputations:
    Surprised JHIG didn't report on this first. Funniest line - and the dead giveaway that this is all bullshit was when he said as long as Howard is as motivated as he is today we want him back. Close second was Howard is worth every penny we pay him.

Sirius XM Radio is "committed to keeping" Howard Stern and NFL content when their current deals with the satellite radio firm expire at the end of 2015, CEO Jim Meyer told the Goldman Sachs Communacopia investor conference on Thursday.

In a session that was webcast, he said the satellite radio firm would like to continue its relationship with Stern as long as the radio host wants to work. No conversations worth mentioning with Stern and the NFL are currently taking place, "but we're committed to keeping those," Meyer said.

Stern earlier this year said that he is planning to leave Sirius XM at the end of his contract that runs through 2015. The comment came after he failed to revive a $300 million lawsuit based on a contract dispute with Sirius.

"As long as Howard Stern wants to work, as long as Howard Stern is as motivated as he is today and makes his show as good as it is, we want him on Sirius XM Radio," Meyer said.

But asked if he would extend Stern's contract on a non-exclusive basis, Meyer said on Thursday "absolutely not." He explained: "We pay an aweful lot of money for Howard. And every penny is worth that...We want to protect that exclusivity." That said, he said he loves that Stern is doing America's Got Talent as it helps the Stern and Sirius brand.

John Malone's Liberty Media owns a majority stake in Sirius XM.

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Anyone have Jim Meyer's email address? Sounds like he could stand to hear a few words from the Silent Majority.

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Exactly what Meyers should be saying.
    Sure they will sign Wiggy to another deal (at the right price).

4. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    This is all run-up to The Pelican moving permanently to Florida, cutting a huge amount of staff, and conducting his show from a home studio at his Florida domicile.

The pay will be the same with far fewer staffers. Shit, it's ridiculous to think of all the staffers currently on board in the context of so few shows.

"All in."

5. Blazing Buffalo

Blazing Buffalo Members Only

Reputations:
    The right price at this point would be about as much as Lisa G's book is selling for. No way Howard's insanely large ego let's him sign for a discount. I say NO DEAL!

6. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    This has got to be third. Has Meyer listened to the half-assed shit that Stern puts out 1-2 days per week when he is bothered to do a show?

Fuck Howard. As a SiriusXM shareholder, I say concentrate on keeping the NFL. That's gonna cost. Howard is expendable, and we all know that Sirius got fleeced the last time they signed him.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to see how many off the staff get the proverbial boot. Those elitist cocksuckers are going to have a bitter dose of reality shoved right up their asses.

8. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    THIS. I'm definitely down for it!

:lo5:

9. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    reading between the lines it sounds like a warning to Stern that if he thinks he can cut back anymore or not do the show from the siri studios they will not be interested. "as long as Howard Stern is as motivated as he is today" Doing an isdn show from Florida would not be considered as being just as motivated as today, in my opinion.

10. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    QFT! That entire "Robin working from home" bit was the test bed for the Florida move. The wig is going to be phoning it in via an ISDN line after this current deal is over. I'd bet good money on that! ;)

11. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Hey Vash... if we can get Jim Meyer's email addy somehow, would you consider composing an open letter?

12. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If ya want, sure... leeme look I have a couple places I might be able to get his home addy, phone number ect.... You'd be amazed at the response those letters get ;)

13. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    That's the only way this can work, methinks. Jay Thomas does his show away from the NYC studios regularly and puts on a much better show than Pelican. It's not all that necessary.

Sidebar: I haven't heard anyone say "well, some Howard is better than no Howard" for a LONG fucking time.

14. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    :yay:

15. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's THR is it Don Buckwald?

16. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah ok, how many new listeners does Howard bring in?? 0.0 see ya Wiggy.

17. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    Howard will be offered another contract, but it will be for $50 million at the most and year to year. They will pay him in stock options and further dilute the stock but it won't affect their cash. Sirius has the leverage here.

18. David999

David999 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sure Sirius wants him back:facepalm:

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's too small of a fish for the sites I use. Common name makes it a bitch to search. What is teh email set up for sirius? We can hit it with random attempts that way. Is it like h.stern@ or hstern@ or stern.h@ when you email any staff there?

20. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whatever happens, howard will spin it as a pay raise despite making less money