Thread deletion

Discussion in 'Help and Support Desk' started by Mr Pink, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I looked but I don't know how to contact admins besides here.

Re: My recent thread which was deleted. Could you just edit out the part you don't approve of? I carefully considered what I wrote and didn't think I was breaking any TOS. I spent way more time building that post than I'd like to admit to.
    Thank you, thank you very much.

2. WUT7272G7C

WUT7272G7C Space Chimp

Reputations:
    Same here(?)
    Maybe the Moderators can communicate the policy here.. add a sticky on what's acceptable use.
    Thanks,

3. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    What forum was the thread in? Can you give me the title? We get 7000 posts a day, there is no way of knowing what you are talking about.

4. dawg

Reputations:
  5. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    7000?!? Damn.

It was a thread that I authored in the Stern forum maybe the day before (or same day) I posted this this thread. The title was something like 'Remember the guy who faked a back injury and wouldn't leave the studio?'. In it I alluded to a site where Stern episodes could be found. No links, no web pages, no site names (directly). And yes, I did go have a look at the rules to double check what I did wrong. I think my hint at the site was too obvious for the admin liking.

For the record, the site I alluded to has been around for years as a You Tube channel so I don't foresee any DMCA issue and therefore didn't perceive a threat to the Dawg site.

Thanks Dawg

6. dawg

Reputations:
    I see, we have a rule that we cannot even discuss sites that provide pirated material, by hints, or names or anything else.

2. No links to direct downloads of copyrighted material. NO MENTIONS OF FILE SHARING SITES, THEIR CONTENT, OR THEIR NAMES, ARE ALLOWED Web sites get shut down for this all the time. Do not take our home away as you will be the one banned. If you do not own the right to post the material do not post it. This means anything copyrighted including Movies, TV shows, Music and any pirated Howard stern show stuff. Keep it off of this forum.

http://www.dawgshed.com/threads/forum-rules.117261/

7. Mr Pink

Reputations:
    I didn't see the 'hint' part in the rules (and that's all I did). I'm sure you're just trying to protect the site, not keep us from downloading stuff. I thought my post accomplished that but I guess not. I'll be more careful from now on.

As an aside, are pre-Sirius shows considered copyrighted content since they were put in the public domain for free via radio??

8. dawg

Reputations:
    Let me get @BethSucks in here to help us out, he is more of an expert on stern than i am.