Stern Show THSS--September 26, 2016--Metallica Live in Studio edition

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mlaw, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    sorry folks, I got tied up on the phone :hat:

yaddc, Gusbuss, Ba Ba Boolio and 2 others like this.
  2. Mlaw

Reputations:

yaddc and SlipperyVic like this.
  3. Mlaw

Reputations:
    I'm not sure whose dick Richard is going to lick, or whether it's just a hypothetical :wtf:

4. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Howard reminding everyone about the debate, we now have shitty fake Trump on the phone

Vincenzo69 likes this.
  5. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    I'm starting to suspect that Richard may be a fruit.

6. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't wait for the election to be over so we no longer have to hear these amateur hour unfunny impressions by Dunigan

8. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Howard wants to talk about something that he's really excited about :party:

9. Mlaw

Reputations:
    It's the 50th anniversary of the release of the The Beatles Revolver---Howard put together an album of covers

Cheap Trick--He Said She Said

James Taylor recorded the song in the closet of his hotel room--Here There and Everywhere

Jewel---Eleanor Rigby

Living Color--Tomorrow Never Knows

OAR--I Want to Tell You

Madisen Ward and the Mama Bear--Yellow Submerine

Grace Potter--Good Day Sunshine

14 artists did the music--they will be playing it starting October next Friday

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    kinneyjames likes this.
  10. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    If you think that will end with the election your wrong. A couple months ago they had fake Mitt Romney call in.

Franklintown1 likes this.
  11. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Howard is playing a clip of Cheap Trick and he's starting to get emotional -Robin tells him that he's so suppressed that music tapsinto something that makes he a mess

12. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At least it won't be every show

Hollywood Howard is in filler overload

SlipperyVic likes this.
  13. Mlaw

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Gusbuss likes this.
  14. Mlaw

Reputations:
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7461767/beatles-revolver-album-anniversary

1. "Taxman" (George Harrison): One of three tracks on the album written byGeorge Harrison, Revolver was a breakthrough in his continued emergence as a songwriter. This album opener was a stinging commentary on the high levels of British taxation. “If you drive a car, I'll tax the street. If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat. If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat. If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.” The lyrics mention British prime ministers Harold Wilson and Edward Heath.

2. "Eleanor Rigby" (Lennon-McCartney): A Paul McCartney song and one of the most haunting pieces of music ever by the Beatles. The lyrics follow the sad lives of Eleanor Rigby and Father McKenzie. The origins of the two names have been debated over the years. Paul McCartney claimed both were fictional, but a real Eleanor Rigby is buried in the yard of St. Peter's Church in Liverpool, the place where McCartney and John Lennon first met and where both often spent time as youngsters. He said the name McKenzie came out of a phone book. The instrumentation on the song included violins, violas and cellos and a superb score by producer George Martin. “Eleanor Rigby” was a No. 1 singles hit in the U.K., and peaked at No. 11 in the U.S. The song won a Grammy Award in 1966 for Best Contemporary Group Performance, Vocal or Instrumental.

3. "I'm Only Sleeping" (Lennon-McCartney): This John Lennon song is highlighted by a dreamy Lennon vocal and a backwards guitar, which producer George Martin said was tricky to create.

4. "Love You To" (Harrison): The album's second George Harrison song, an Indian music influenced number, featured Harrison on sitar, and Anil Bhagwat on tabla. It was originally titled “Granny Smith.”

5. "Here, There and Everywhere" (Lennon-McCartney): A song basically written by Paul McCartney and said to be one of his favorites. The song features vocal harmonies by Lennon, McCartney and Harrison together.

6. "Yellow Submarine" (Lennon-McCartney): Ringo Starr's featured song on the album has gone on to become immortal since it was the basis for the wonderful 1968 animated film. To this day, Starr performs the song in concert, often joking that if the All-Starr Band audience doesn't know the lyrics “you've come to the wrong place.” It was the A-side of a single in America with “Eleanor Rigby” and hit No. 2 on the Billboard singles chart in America. The double-sided single hit No. 1 in the U.K.

7. "She Said She Said" (Lennon-McCartney): A song written by John Lennon about the experiences of actor Peter Fonda, who was describing an LSD trip. The song was taped in 25 takes on June 21, 1966, during the final recording session for the album.

8. "Good Day Sunshine" (Lennon-McCartney): A spirited song written by Paul McCartney. According to author Mark Lewisohn in his book The Beatles Complete Recording Sessions, the album used the first take that was recorded on June 8, 1966, with overdubs added later.

9. "And Your Bird Can Sing" (Lennon-McCartney): An incredibly ambitious song, highlighted by a superb guitar solo by George Harrison.

10. "For No One" (Lennon-McCartney): Another haunting Paul McCartney song in the “Eleanor Rigby” vein, it was begun on May 9, 1966, with only McCartney playing piano and Ringo on drums, with no participation from John Lennon or George Harrison. A clavichord and a French horn were added later.

11. "Doctor Robert" (Lennon-McCartney): An infamous drug-soaked song written by John Lennon, said to be about a New York doctor who supplied clients with hallucinogens.

12. "I Want to Tell You" (Harrison): The last George Harrison song on the album. According to author Mark Lewisohn, like “Love You To,” he had trouble naming it. Lennon suggested “Granny Smith Part Friggin' Two.” It later briefly became “I Don't Know” before the final title was settled on on June 6, four days after its first recording session.

13. "Got to Get You into My Life" (Lennon-McCartney): Another bouncy McCartney song that, according to author Mark Lewisohn, evolved from a rhythm track with a one-note organ introduction and a high-hat cymbal from Ringo Starr on the first take. The end result had a distinct Tamla-Motown influence with McCartney's vocal and a jubilant horn section with trumpets and sax.

14. "Tomorrow Never Knows": (Lennon-McCartney) The climax to the album, originally titled “Mark 1,” is a drug-drenched, psychedelic masterpiece inspired by the Tibetan Book of the Dead. It includes Harrison on sitar, tape loops and seagull-like noises that were made by a distorted guitar. Lennon's spacey vocal was created by putting his voice through a revolving Leslie speaker; Ringo Starr's drum sound was deadened by moving the drum microphone closer to the drum and stuffing an early Beatles picture in between. “Drums had never been heard like that before,” said engineer Geoff Emerick.

kinneyjames and cookie5000 like this.
  15. xgohabsx

xgohabsx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Has anyone ever heard him mention Revolver before? Suddenly it's the best album in the history of music because a bunch of out of work bands/singers did covers.

Beatles cover songs.... welcome to the revolution! Stern comes up with a totally new concept. Waiting for him to mention that all proceeds will go to the cat jail (even thought the artists doing the covers actually need the money).

16. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Top of the morning to you all! :wigtip:

17. Mlaw

Reputations:
  18. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Brandano on the air the Monday after all that Brandano/Turk stuff from Reddit came out.

Gusbuss likes this.
  19. Mlaw

Reputations:

No mention of selling it :dontknow:

20. Mlaw

Reputations: