Thurs. 09/26/13

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    [h=2]Thursday’s Guests…[/h]Tonight Artie welcomes: The always funny Jim Florentine, MLB Network radio’s Casey Stern and comedian Kevin Dombrowski!

2. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just let Jim cohost tonight and give Ritchie the night off.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It'll never happen but wouldn't it be great if they got a bunch of (good) comedians in studio to do a roast of Ritchie?

4. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That would be one roast where they shouldn't let the "roastee" come up at the end. Even if Artie wrote a bunch of funny jokes for him he couldn't pull it off.

5. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Casey Stern...how many fuckin times they gonna have this guy on?

6. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    There'd be a whole lot of him saying "I don't get it" in the middle of each joke. ALso, drifting off into totally irrelevant tangents.

It's just going to get worse once the playoffs start. I'm not sure why, but I find him ridiculously obnoxious and weaselly.

7. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Nothing like a roast on terrestrial radio...

I can't believe how long they spent shitting on Mariano's wife.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    How do I remember Artie telling Ritchie this World Series-Reggie Jackson story but Ritchie doesn't remember being told it?

What a worthless joke. All he does is deplete the studio of diet coke and deplete the show of any flow or comedy

9. BochettisChin

BochettisChin New Member

Reputations:
    He seems like a decent guy and doesn't bullshit, but he's such a slow talker and doesn't 'share' Artie's comedy. Drop him!

What about having Brock in Ritchie's position? It's not like those comedy sketches are all that.

10. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Cherry Coke Zero, which by the way, is delicious.

Brock is literally a 2-bit comic. He does 2 impersonations and skates by on them. Brock in Boshitty's chair, sure, but he doesn't have enough to be a co-host.

11. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're right about both. A roast on terrestrial would suck.

I couldn't believe they spent 3-4 segments talking about her. Just wore the bit out. Not sure how it sounded on radio, but watching the 3 of them stare at the TV screen while talking about her was brutal. Of course Ritchie is always distracted by the TV (especially during football) and seemingly forgets he is doing a show.

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I wonder if that last comedian has ever made anyone laugh

13. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I think Brock would suck as a co-host, hell I laughed like hell at last night's show, they hammered on Rivera's wife and dragged Casey Stern right into the middle of it
    That "Semi sneeze of Bocchetti's is creepy as hell, if those teeth come flying out across the studio there will be blood

14. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think this show made me laugh the most since the move to TV. I was high as fuck, but still. Funny as hell, great to hear them goof on someone other than Mike. That last segment with that comedian brought the funny to a halt though. That guy was boring as hell. Jim Florentine for co host. The guy knows sports and is funny.

Now I feel like an ass or saying I was taking a break from the show.

15. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Am I the only one who finds Florentine lacks great punch lines? Enjoyable enough guy, just never cried laughing like I do at Artie, most he'll get is a smile and a "ha". With Artie I gotta pull over my iHeartRadio app & rub one out.

That being said, I feel he's definitely conducive to a more comedic atmosphere and getting Artie rolling, so yeah, hire him.

16. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You didn't think 2 hours of the Rivera wife bit got old?

17. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, like I said I was high as hell so that helped a little. It was actually refreshing to hear them just riffing instead of Artie doing a straight interview with Florentine.

18. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    I wasn't high and I thought it was the funniest show in a long time. I thought it was great that they went 2 long segments with the MLB guy and stayed on Rivera's wife the whole time. And then anytime he would join in with a dig on her Artie would ask him if he was proud of himself for saying something like that. Loved it. And then the second comedian at the end of the show. Once again, if they didn't mention that they were a comedian there is no way that you would ever guess his occupation. He didn't even attempt to say one funny thing I don't think. I'm sure people will be heading in droves to his next stand up gig b/c of that great appearance.

19. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The cynical nature of the world and especially people on forums, blogs, and on twitter is so PLAYED.

They goofed on a chick so what. You don't say it wasn't funny you say it was to long. If you don't say it was to long it wasn't funny. Its always some criticisms about SOMETHING you bunch of no talent Monday morning quarterback wanna be no talent fools.

20. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey fuck rag, this is a forum. We can all say whatever we want. If its so PLAYED, then stay the fuck out of it.

And by the way, its "too long". You call people "no talent" yet you don't even know basic grammar.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013