Thursday 11/14: Artie's back and he's never beenigger

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by release, Nov 15, 2013.

1. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Guests: Natasha Leggero, Moshe Kasher, Maggie Gray & Alaa Abdelnaby.

I had to create a new thread to express how special this show was. As Undercarriage said in the Wed. thread, this could be Artie feeling a bit punchy from having an 18 hour day, or this could be Artie that couldn't give a shit he is still on terrestrial.

Artie insulted every guest, he slipped a "shit" on air, he also said something so offensive that the audio needed to be cut from the TV broadcast, he screwed around with every single promo (draft kings, dollar shave, french quarters) on purpose.

1. He opened the show saying he should not be paid up front for any gig/project because he will just start phoning it in. He references this in regards to his book and promoting it everywhere, but this can also be applied to the show.
    2. He follows that with a story revolving around his "accidental" writing of "Reggie" at a book signing.
    3. He immediately starts giving Natasha shit for what she is wearing (which she deserved) and took a drag off Moshe's robot penis e-cigarette on air.
    4. He relentlessly commented on how much he dislikes female broadcasters/commentators while Maggie was on and even though Maggie was laughing along, he just wouldn't stop ribbing her and cutting her off on and off air (live look-in).
    5. He mentioned how he wished he was on satellite instead of terrestrial.

Two overall good shows in a row with no band. Art has been expressing his discontent with his restrictions. Art mentioned how much envy he had for the guys on That Metal Show. On Monday at the end of the interview on the Dan Patrick Show, Dan told Art on air, "Don't screw this up.", which really struck me as odd. Maybe Art is getting that itch now that he can start collecting the checks on his book sales.

2. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hahaha, yeah Artie was on fire last night. Said "faggot", made a towel head joke to Alaa, barely let Maggie speak and just didn't give a fuck all night. Artie is fed up, and it can be funny as hell. It's really starting to look like a 0.0 chance that he'll re-sign after this contract is done. Hopefully he starts another show that's not so restrictive, but will anyone pay him? It would be great if he could bring Dan with him, but not Bocchetti. Mike better start applying to Pathmark again. Who am I kidding, he's just going to sit at home and wait for the "machine" to drop another gig in his lap.

3. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie during a live look when talking to that broad about the All-Star football game: "I still do the game every year. Did I do it this year or not?". This dude needs to get his brain examined - STAT!!

4. ripley1

ripley1 Active Member

Reputations:
    Before looking at this thread, I told a friend of mine to watch the show last night because Artie was pissed off and on fire, and hilarious. You can tell that he's upset about Dan Patrick using the studio when he's not there, as he's stated several times that they built it just for him. I've watched the show since day one of it being on DirectV, and never miss a show.

5. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Wasn't he talking about the "BIG 33" game? if so it was damn near always Ohio Vs Pennsylvania but this last year it was Pennsylvania Vs Maryland so maybe he was confused by the Ohio part and went blank remembering Maryland was in it?
    Or maybe he had his bell rung one to many times? :) i wish I had a concussion for the first two people on, God even with Artie fucking with them damn near hit FF everytime they showed the Jewish metrosexual Lyle Lovett

6. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He wasn't a bit punchy, he was off the rails and not giving a fuck. In any case it was a really good show, even if the guests all sucked ass. Artie all grouchy and getting on everyone's case, no one was safe. Too bad he didn't get to lay into the twins.

7. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Artie and Moshe Kasher were had some good chemistry. I knew that I hated the Natasha chick from last time but the guy she was with was pretty funny.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm just getting to the third hour now and it's tremendous. I'm a little worried some of these jokes really will get him fired.

No Bocchetti so far too...huge plus.

9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Do people really think a firing is ever in the cards? Resigning, that's iffy, but you think they'd sack Artie and quickly retool it to The Jon Ritchie Show? Not unless he's doing coke during the show on camera.

10. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ritchie is probably getting hammered and crashing into a Burger King since Stanford lost to USC last nite.

11. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I hate USC but wanted them to win last night and GO BUCKEYES! :D

12. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I've noticed they give Art a lot of leeway. Some of Art's "off the rails" moments get promoted the most. I think a full Nick-esque firing is highly improbable since Artie was, and still is, the main radio draw out of the two. Now, whether or not they renew his contract I think is 50/50 at this point.

I think the ironic thing is people are drawn to Art because he had no internal censor when he was on Howard and said a lot of controversial, but funny stuff, which is what made DirecTV sign him and Nick in the first place... but Art keeps doing the PC thing to appease the DTV executives, making more of his audience leave, making more affiliates drop the show and thus lowering his chances at getting renewed.