Thursday 2-6-2014

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by SneakAtoke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. SneakAtoke

SneakAtoke Active Member

Reputations:
    Tonight! Artie welcomes in Brian Jones from CBS Sports, Loveline’s Dr. Drew Pinsky and author of The Fix Is In, Brian Tuohy!..Seem's like a decent show to me.:dontknow:

2. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    any decent show can get Bochetti'ed

3. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nothing puts the brakes on a show faster than "Bocchetti, your thoughts?" or "Mrs. Goutfire, your thoughts?".

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Not to jinx it, but there is another. "And tonight's guest world champion Judah Friedlander.". Comedy kryptonite.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:

Or just in general, "our next guest is a real funny comic..."

6. SlowAdam

SlowAdam misunderstood/forgotten wackpacker

Reputations:
    wow, is this the first time artie mentioned 2 relapses? getting drunk and arrested in paris was known, but he said 6 months ago he did like 8 vicodins in a day, then went to an AA meeting

7. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    No he has said it in several interviews and several times on his show

8. SlowAdam

Reputations:
    just heard with dr drew he said before bob saget roast when he was "sick" and flaked out on it, obv was on drugs, but said he was on heavy suboxine then snorted 4 lines of heroin and turned green. wow, grim stuff. good interview/conversation though

9. SlowAdam

Reputations:
    nice, cool rattlesnakes under my name. fun

10. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I will watch the show in the morning, or maybe 3:30 AM if I am still up so I can FF through the commercials and guests if they have a shitty one on, I will listen through Brian Jones to see if he puts a hit out on Rod
    Dr Drew may actually be good if Artie asks him about all the dead people from celebrity rehab and the other guest I have no idea as to who he is

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    He's some guy who claims all pro sports are rigged

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    a junkie admitting to two relapses means it was really about 50

13. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I just want to confirm that his vicodin relapse happened when he had back issues on the show last year. Was this around when he had the infamous nodding off live look-in? And this relapse was definitely way after Nick left the show?

I knew that when Colin came in to co-host after Artie's sudden disappearance, something was strange, but is this the first time we had Artie basically confirm that CQ came in while he was getting sober?

14. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    It was a travesty that Brian Jones was only on for 30 minutes.

If Darrell Hammond is a once-a-week show-long guest, we should get at least a full hour of Brian Jones once a week. We had to listen to the crackpot in the third hour for way too long.

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    1. Was Adrienne going to Oxford common knowledge?

2. Did you guys hear Artie talking about his relationship with Howard during the live look-in at 1:48 into the show?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I assume you mean she went shoe shopping.

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, Adrienne's schooling was news to me, but I never followed their relationship outside of what was talked about on the show. The idea that she tried to get on the pre-med track for school, but gave up on it sort of clarifies for me why she sticks with Artie. She's trying to save him/fix him.

I heard them talking about Howard, but they knew they were on air, so it wasn't really interesting stuff. Art just re-stated that Howard doesn't talk to him anymore because of the risk of relapse. And Art asked about the party last week. It's still bullshit; how can you be that close to someone for years and just cut ties cold turkey, especially when one person needs closure to heal from a traumatic event. Obviously there's more to it, but I don't think we will ever find out the truth.

18. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    Artie is stupid Phantom Punch was a real punch

[video=youtube;qFA3DFFavwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFA3DFFavwk[/video]

[​IMG]

Now the getting up is another matter plus there was a slow count and other confusion.

Jon is clearly suffering from concussion problems if he doesn't believe that Gamblers have fixed games in the NFL and continue to do so.

This was a solid show.

Also this is my View on Bochetti, If you listen in the first hour of the show during the usual bit of focusing on BochettieArt said " do you think this is going to get you renewed" (paraphrase) and then tried to say something about the whole show not just Bochetti being canceled with Jay More replacing him. I think the execs for Direct Tv were watching the shows lives durring superbowl week and they voiced there displeasure in the Bochetti and that is why he was not there for two day but art being art is giving the guy EVERY OPPORTUNITY to keep his job and the expense of his show. He is trying to get something out of Bochetti but is fully away that Mike is not good for the show. I think the cynical nature( and lets just face it the hackishness and general retardation of the shed posters in the part of the forum) makes us not see that Art would feel 10 x worse if he didn't give Bochetti the opportunity he as given him.

However I'm sure Mike being mike will blame Artie when he is eventually fired and or replaced.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  19. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Wow that's a really interesting (and charitable) take on it, Rodney. I am currently wincing through the usual Bocchetti Vortex of Suck (he just brings NOTHING "to the table") and heard him say that, but didn't think of framing it that way. Actually, combined with Artie's complete omission of mentioning the existence of The Artie Lange Show when he did over an hour on the WTF podcast, I figured the non-renewal of the whole show was pretty much set in stone for a while... which would explain some things.

20. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Like Mrs Goutfire? Or the Bochetti bombing bit with the dead air? Or bailing out of the studio minutes before the show ended to take another diabetic pee? Then again you could look as far back as Artie making the twins sing "Brown Sugar" which also seemed like a blatant attempt at self-sabotage. Dunno, maybe he just sucks at hosting a show.