Thursday August 8th

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by KimChee, Aug 8, 2013.

1. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Actor/Comedian Christian Finnegan?, Mark Kriegel of the NFL Network and film critic Ben Mankiewicz? The only good thing is there is no band tonight. :facepalm: Poor Artie!

2. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    seems like a boring lineup but whatever. at least there's no band. I can't take anymore of that "hit the spacebar" joke!

3. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS no band tonight!
    I like Kriegel and the two comedians sound familiar, have they been on the show before?

4. KimChee

Reputations:
    I don't think so, it will be good to see some new faces for a change.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:

Christian Finnegan was on before (don't expect much) and the other guy is some film critic/political talk show guy

6. KimChee

Reputations:
    Oh well, I has hoping for a good show, will still check it out.

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    At least there are only 3 guests and none of them are gay bar or restaurant owners..

8. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ....hey.....my stream cut out....and sticher dont work either.....just me?

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Me too!! It's not just you. It cut just as that 12am hr started and a lil after they were talking that Woody Allen film BLUE JASMINE. As soon as Alec Baldwin's part was to be discussed it dropped out more than Fonzie.

The Bocchetti-beast prevented me from delving into Artie's book delay (Wigward) and Tim Sabean's firing I'll have you know as well. I was actually on hold for a bit. I deliberately waited till that limbo non-music guest time after 11pm when the first guest clears out, and there's sometimes caller wiggle room. From 11 to 12 they must've spent the entire hour (besides Mark Kriegel) on Twins/Bocchetti redundant village-idiot tedium.

I hit that boiling point where I knew Artie's Bocchetti village-idiot crutching OCD wasn't gonna stop so I hung up. And I'm glad I didn't waste another second on hold for nothing. But it's a shame, I had ALOT of Dawgs references and Sabean firing/Howard blocking Artie's book reparte' in the holster I think you guys would've really dug.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  10. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bocchetti had just got done complimenting the guys behind the scenes too.

11. sternski

Reputations:
    do it tomorrow dude....why not....maybe we'll be able to catch something in arties reaction and in his voice that would indict the wig.:D

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm certainly eventually gonna do it soon. But tonight was FRUSTRATING hearing that Bocchetti-beast waste all that air time and listen to it evaporate on hold with that Stern/Sabean/Dawgs stuff on the agenda waiting to burst. It sucks the life out of you. I just felt my brain rotting cells in the midst.

In the little interaction I've had with Bocchetti he's been nothing but nice to me. And I know it's Artie's call ultimately going to him THIS much playing the village-idiot trump card at all angles, and we all have our different thresholds for it, but tonight was especially irritating for me.

I'll try tomorrow, but it's just impossible to guarantee to get a call in on this show as anyone will tell you. He has just has no consistent flow with it, and it seems to be a last last resort they go to as a filler in between guests. That's why you'll hear several shows in a row without a single caller anywhere.

For a 3 hour radio show that's pretty odd.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  13. sternski

Reputations:
    dude...i hear you...thankfully i was stoned enough and managed to zone out slightly while they discussed his pussy foot or some shit...................arrrrrrgggghhhhh.

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly...Bocchetti just has to mention ANY mundane foible and Artie will just completely obsess over it in the most predictable way. It's right out of Howard's playbook with JD or now Ronnie.

15. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Wow Christian Finnegan retold the same "blaggot" story again. He's like a young Artie Lange.

EDIT: Wonderful, Artie is re-telling the St. Louis White Castle story again.

16. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Rofl, the genius of Jon Ritchie is being exposed bit by bit.

In one of the live look-ins, Ritchie tried to convince Bocchetti to start using a wheelchair and off-hand suggested that because of the speed of the wheelchair, he should start wearing a helmet too.

On air, he later tried to suggest Bocchetti to show his gross feet on air so he could diagnose the problem.

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    After the intro, skip Hour 1 with Finnegan's segments (I can't believe he is a fucking stand-up) and listen to Hour 2 with Kriegel if you want to hear a 20 minute tirade against the MLB (mainly Bud Selig) and steroid users (mainly Clemens and A-Rod), a little bit on Manziel and the Eagles player who likes Kenny Chesney.

The first part of Hour 3 was kind of interesting because of the talk about Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen's new film, with Dice), Art's explanation about Woody Allen/Soon Yi and Polanski drugging and sodomizing that girl. Definitely listen to Juskow's 3rd hour segment (around 20 minutes into the podcast). They made fun of the chick who fell off her balcony, talked about Joe Buck and Juskow's near death experience after getting stabbed in the ass by a table while cutting his toenails.

Apparently, you have an artery in your butt.

18. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
    Hopefully you get through ARM. Artie probably knows you're gonna bring up Howard, and I doubt he wants to be in that awkward position of talking about it on the air. it's probably why didn't pick up your call. Boccshitty's rambling sure as hell didn't help either.

19. Artiessobriety

Reputations:
  20. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Haaa Rutgers may wish they had Bochetti when they hit the Big 10