Thursday October 17

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by kev, Oct 18, 2013.

1. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Show was pretty good last night, whenever he's pissed off it's usually funny. I couldn't help but think of the "Ryan Seacrest's special water" incident during Artie's bathroom ranting though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but maybe Artie is getting fed up with Directv? He mentioned a few times about not having control of the show, and of course said repeatedly how the ratings suck and no one hears the show. Then again, he always says stuff like that, but still. If the ratings thing is true, hopefully DTV and that idiot Ken Kohl will finally realize what they've done and try to bring back the kind of show we all loved in the beginning. Fat chance, people like that hate to admit that they were wrong.

2. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought the show was much better than usual. (Guests that are actually entertaining really helps.) I see tonight's lineup is back to crap again though. Ya, I think it's pretty obvious to Artie and company that the show is on it's last leg. He has mentioned a few times about how bad the ratings are. You can also tell he just doesn't care any longer. My guess is the show won't be back after the Christmas break, and maybe when they finally cancel the show he can do a uncensored podcast like Rick and win back his fans.

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dude, enough with the cancellation predictions. You've predicted the end of the show at least three or four times, and nothing ever happens. Weren't you the one who had some "inside info" that was nothing more than some idiot posting on Facebook? I doubt anything will happen to the show before the end of the contract. Artie ain't walking away from that money, especially with that fiance of his breathing down his neck.

4. KimChee

KimChee New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know about any facebook posting. I think I read one time that someone who had worked for the show said it might get canceled. That was back when Artie was getting high on the air and I may have posted it. There is no way this show lasts another year unless they turn it around. No listeners=no sponsors= no income, plain and simple economics son. All they have to do is get a good co-host, book decent guests that people want to hear and stop with the shitty bands.

5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I want the show to change as much as anyone, trust me. But "no sponsors"? Dollar Shave, Draft Kings, French Quarters, (Guitar Center) - shit, they seem to be adding sponsors, not losing them. Who knows, maybe they are pulling in good ratings, on the TV end at least. I have a feeling that the old school N&A and hardcore Artie fans who listened to the show then have been replaced with a more subdued TV watching group.

6. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There definitely had to be some truth behind Artie's rant.

7. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    Was Ralphie there waiting when they had the 30 min segment with Bocchetti and the R&R HOF? I know thwy said he was coming back next week but that seemed odd.

Also surprised Art didn't mention Mike's appearance on O&A. I have no interest in seeing it, but that's a big deal for Mike and should have been mentioned before/after the appearance. I only recall Mike mentioning it on a look-in the day before.

8. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Guitar Center Sound Stage bands are brutal they always sound horrible and Artie always praises them for their "unique sound"

9. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should tell Ritchie to stay home next week and let Ralphie May co-host.

10. Easymobee

Easymobee New Member

Reputations:
    I'd ignore kimchee. Doesn't seem to have any real info and his opinions all slant the same way.

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    slant, eh? Clever girl.