Thursdee 4/25 Cheech and Chong / Chris Mannix

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by cwok, Apr 25, 2013.

1. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Cheech and Chong in studio!

Did anyone listen to the 'town hall' today? (Cheech and Chong with Artie as Moderator, Snoop lion showed up - Artie Tweeted a picture of it) Some peeps in the Howard forum listened but no real feedback yet and that post seems to be dying :/ Do they have something new coming out? I watched a bit of their cartoon, not sure if thats 'new' or not, cause its the same audio material - just put to animation.I'm sure im just old.

I wasn't going to listen live, I was saving this entire week for podcast style listening but i happen to have free time, i saw 10:00, 10:00=Artie so I want to start a Live/Podcast thread. Woo! How was this week anyway?:cool:

Bring on the crazy commercials / music / silence / then the ol' Stoners!

2. RickAndMartie

RickAndMartie Member

Reputations:
    Yea I saw their animated movie. It's old stuff that's updated, mixed in with new stuff as well. I liked it, but I'm a huge cheech and Chong fan so a tad biased. Is there any audio of this "town hall"?

3. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe some jpeged the town hall show?

4. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

::edit, lol, the jpeg joke flew over my head... im keeping the pic here anyway :D

5. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't get Mike man. He's getting roasted by in the can dan and just taking it. I understand he's a genuine guy and he's probably trying to make up for somewhat of a dark past with all his kindness but fuck he's gotta stand up for himself a bit.

6. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    Watching now ... good get for artie

7. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    ahhhhh noooooo. I thought the Chris Mannix title was a reference to something else but no, he's on the show. It's the revenge of the terrible co-hosts. As slow and meandering Ritchie's mind is at least he's not strangely pompous and on massive doses of adderall like Mannix.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Ritchie should have knocked Mannix out when Mannix said it's only a sports show when he's on. Ritchie= Former successful NFL player, Mannix=3rd string SI writer. Mannix is such a fag that he's got me defending Ritchie.

9. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Unexpected Release story at top of the show, good stuff, surprising it played that well on regular radio. Ugh, not looking forward to the sports drone, up to CandC interview now. Music aside, yesterday was great.

10. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I must have missed this part but I noticed that Ritchie sounded kind of annoyed when I started listening. This might have been what caused it.

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    For the older people here, aren't humans amazing? Look what we've built so far. I'm driving in my car listening to "the radio", commercial free, with Cheech and Chong being interviewed and Cheech casually throws out that his one regret in life was seeing "The Magus". I'm able to effortlessly PAUSE the radio show, and then use the same smartphone device to look up what "The Magus" is and why it got bad reviews. I even found out that the "one thing I wouldn't live over again is seeing The Magus" line is actually originally attributed to renowned incest pedophile Woody Allen. And then right back to the show. (Yeah I pulled over.) This little scenario would have been nearly inconceivable 20 or 30 years ago. (Not inconceivable, but not something people had any real expectation for.) Technology rocks.

Anyway, Mannix was tolerable when talking about Boston. By the way, when was the Bocch "roasted" by In-The-Can Dan? I'm up to hour 2.

C&C were great. I'm not a fan but they handled the obligatory "how did you guys meet" question as if for the first time, giving seemingly fresh answers and stories.

Edit: Oh yeah, the next thing Cheech did was savage seeing Lindsay Lohan's nude body up close -- it's kind of suprising -- we knew her FACE and internals were all busted up to hell, but I still thought her chest was holding up okay for a 40 year old. Apparently not.

This episode was really good until Mannix showed up. It just flew off the comedy rails into a turgid sports ditch. Maybe it will pick up again. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  12. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    lol mannix gtfo. took 20 seconds to show the butthurt. "It's a sports show when I'm on it." fuck you prick. im gonna be quick with the fast forward and hopefully he's not on long.

gg no show jones :(

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, I forget the next part. In one breath Mannix brags about making those "play by play" additions to Artie's act to his tablemates to enhance the show for them, and immediately derides the local drunken heckler for doing... EXACTLY THE SAME THING. It was done with zero self awareness or irony. Like cognitive dissonance stuff or something. Guy's a tool.

No show Jones? Was Brian Jones scheduled? I guess I'll see.

14. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    nah the great george jones passed away.

15. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie shits his pants and keeps eating. :facepalm: He can now no longer make fun of Mike or Dan's eating or bathroom habits as far as I'm concerned. :puke:

16. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    That was a great story :rofl:

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Hypocrisy's a drug man, and Artie does 'em all. :)

Obviously all of his criticisms of Bocchetti are, of course, barely veiled criticisms of himself.

Accidents happen, especially if one's high, so for some reason I found the pissing-in-studio a LOT more disturbing than this story.

How'd he end up curing that diabetic pee thing anyway?

18. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    God Mannix blows. With all his sports shit no one gives a shit about. Great week if shows and they have to ruin it with the sports shit.

19. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    WTF? First Ritchie says he doesn't know anything about baseball and is "not inta watching it", and then they have to spend 10 minutes explaining the Andre Dawson's Creek joke?

This is one lucky guy.

20. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mannix is a pompous fucktard.