Today's LIVE Wrap Up Show........

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BenBas, Oct 30, 2014.

1. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sooooo the remarkable (dedicated employee) Jon Hein hosts a LIVE WUS on Thursday & Friday :rolleyes: he's amazing isn't he? Wonder WHO pitched this idea to Howard??? :whistle:
    I just don't "get it"...WHY would u have 2 live WUS's????? "wrapping up the same topics & discussions you had all week???"

Then of course Monday morning......6am...."Robin did you hear JD on THE WRAP UP SHOW LAST THURSDAY????" "no, Howard I didn't" "Here let me play A CLIP FROM LAST WEEK" :facepalm:

Anyway I did hear the show , was listening on my way home... love hearing Gary & Richard LIVE....LOVE Richard Christy!! AND I'm glad they gave LISA G some air time....I miss her doing the News Preview every morning...."LisaG takes shits at work" (her theme song)

Sooo Richard was listing his favorite Halloween scary movies....the usual expected ones... I was going to call the show to ask him....IF he ever saw Jeeper's Creeper's 1 & 2 ???? VERY scary...even the song scares me ....anyone see these ????

if u want to watch a "chick" Halloween film check out Hocus Pocus ! It's perfect for this time of year! AND Practical Magic with Sandra Bullock when she was gorgeous AND Nicole Kidman when SHE WAS beautiful.

Thank you
    Peace & love

Happy Halloween!!!

Guacamole likes this.
  2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    The answer to the first question is easy, Howard's contract specifies a certain number of hours of live programming must be programmed for the channels, when he killed off most of the other live programming (Geektime, BOR etc) he needed something to fulfill that requirement, live WUS's were the easiest and cheapest way of doing that.

GCD1, blindbella, floplop and 3 others like this.
  4. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :bigthinkhmmmmmmmm , I've heard that excuse many times but he still has to pay Jon Hein & Gary & JD whoever is on air....& production etc so why not put a TRUE LIVE SHOW on Thursday & Friday with "guest hosts"....instead of the same boring WUS discussing the same shit over and over again.

Howard never kept his promises as far as programming the channels w/ new shows etc...I do believe he's at a crossroads...making some hard decisions...he loves being on air ...huge fan base and STILL relevant (and talked about after 30yrs)... BUT he's ready to retire just worried about his staff as far as the losers who work for him finding work??? Wonder what the crew from HowardTV is doing??? Are they working???

I think Jon Hein & Gary....Richard & Sal ...& JD will do just fine with 5 more years of the WRAP UP SHOW.....that's probably the plan.

peace & love

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I don't think Howard is contractually obligated to do anything other than 112 live shows a year.
    Thanks to Howards marble heist partner Mel....:facepalm:

Thedomina likes this.
  6. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know if that is true, but it is interesting to bring up.
    Since part of his contract seemed to include developing content, it might be correct (not necessarily live but new content)

Oh & the TWUS on Friday is actually taped on Thursday 9/10

7. Kobrakai NYC 3

Kobrakai NYC 3 Active Member

Reputations:
    If they did not spend 30 min on the Royals losing game #7 last night with a crying Richard, it wasn't live.

8. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    If they don't take phone calls, if pre recorded

Nemo likes this.
  9. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd say the crossroads could be "Go out on top" or "Phone it in for a paycheck", but we all know which path was chosen.

Yeah, $30M mansion to the East, $50M mansion to the South

You hear this when?

After he gripes about being tired so tired all the time? How everything is an aggravation?

I think he likes being in the world he's created and knows.

Couldn't it be argued that the press/chatter he generates is almost always what his actually relevant guest says v. anything Howard has done on his show?

Ready to hang it up? Yes. Worried about the staff? Sure, but if the way employees/players on the show being "never mentioned again" is a guide, give it to day 002 of retirement and he'll feel fine.

I recall posts here/there showing where they've ended up.

But it needs to be a "History of the Stern Show" type of retrospective talk show with more than 40-50 re-re-re-re-heated pieces of content. If they don't open up the library and get creative w/that stuff they'll run out of anything good in a couple of months.

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin, the audience loves the thurs and fri W U Shows with Gary and uh, uh, uh "John" yes John Hein....I really like that guy Robin...Robin?