TOM Petty in a guys living room, Robin

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Last week Stern mentioned seeing Tom Petty perform in some rich guys living room.....no details

This was the infamous Ralph got drunk and lost in the Hamptons story from 2007. Ralph bummed a helicopter ride with Artie and Booey.....then went missing.

Petty did 2 concerts that weekend. One at Leon Blacks home and the next night for 1,500 douche bag hamponites.
    I'm listening to the 2007 show where they are discussing this weekend in detail. I guess 2014 Stern doesn't want to name names anymore?

http://pagesix.com/2007/08/28/not-so-petty/

By PageSix.com Staff

August 28, 2007 | 9:00am
    TOM Petty and the Heartbreakers earned a cool $1.7 million for just four hours of work this weekend. Friday night, Petty played at financier Leon Black‘s birthday party in East Hampton – where Mayor Bloomberg seemed to be having “a great time” – for a rumored $850,000 paycheck. The next night, the band earned the same amount to rock Hamptons Social @ Ross, where the crowd included Renée Zellweger, Calvin Klein, Paul McCartney, Mischa Barton, Ronald Perelman, Jimmy Buffett, Richard Gere and Carey Lowell, and Katie Lee Joel, who chatted up her husband Billy Joel‘s ex, Christie Brinkley.

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Invites are going out for that hedge fund motherfuckers 63rd birthday, Wiggy is probably checking his mailbox every ten minutes

http://nypost.com/2014/07/05/leon-black-sends-invites-for-birthday-at-45m-estate/

Apollo Global Management billionaire and founder Leon Black is throwing his widely anticipated birthday party, and some 200 or so are now getting their invites, The Post has learned.

“I just got mine,” a source said, referring to the July 26 party at Black’s $45 million Southampton estate.

The former Drexel chief is turning 63 and has an estate on Meadow Lane, known as billionaire’s row, where he calls David Koch and Calvin Klein neighbor.

In years past, Elton John has performed at the oceanfront bash and Sen. Charles Schumer has scanned the buffet tables that have included a seared foie gras station.

Black declined comment.

Nemo likes this.
  3. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Isn't this who they named Leon Bear after??

Petal likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:

Stern is tight lipped on his private life these days.
    He used to love to brag about this stuff....usually commenting on a page Six story or taking a call from someone that mentions it.

Another unintended stern show laugh is when Robin tries to engage Stern with a news story about the plight of the peasants. Howards Hamptons buddies are the ones face fucking the peasants.....:jj:

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    yes

6. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Poor cat, named after a lowlife cunt that "re-organized"companies by taking American jobs and shipping them off to China and pocketing the difference in wages for himself. I don't know how that prick sleeps at night but he and Stern were made for each other.

Princess Kitty, Petal, Burly and 4 others like this.
  7. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    I
    Is there some type of contract that celebrities sign after they sell their souls to the devil ???
    Do they all have to hang out together?
    :ass:

John Mahlin, reno and Nemo like this.
  8. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I just listened to that show the other day. I find it funny that Howie didnt want Artie talking about his helipad.

Nemo and Pooh bear like this.
  9. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    "Stars were everywhere Robin..Bon Jovi dedicated "Its my life" to me Robin..Beth was stunning Robin"..

*takes off socks, slowly puts shotgun into mouth*

10. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    This is one of my favorite replays ... Shows the douchery that is Stern :flip:

11. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    09-04-07 show
    Stern dumped out on the copter talk....:jj:

This is also the show where they discuss a page six story about Sterns dentures.
    Someone from Hamptons magazine snuck into sterns bathroom and saw his fake teeth in a jar.....:jj:
    Stern spin is that it was a plastic mouth piece to prevent him from grinding his teeth.

13. Pooh bear

Reputations:
    Awe hellll noooo!!!! :D
    That's great!!

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I was listening to another old stern show where Howard talked about an amazing party at Bon Jovi's Hampton home.
    Howard was lathering Jon Corzines balls and ass region.....:jj:

15. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    "Rebel" Rock Stars sucking dicks for money. Fuck everybody at this point :coffee:

John Mahlin, flonsta and BethSucks like this.
  16. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Leon Black is the one while at Sirius who fed the wig the BS partner stuff. I think Leon left around the time Sirius was almost about to be delisted and go bankrupt before Malone swooped in.

Also the wig said on Wed that he hasn't been invited back for some reason. He said he was a good guest because he watched the performance and wasn't like the other guests who were having actual human interactions :jj:

I think there is a pic which has been posted that captures this scene

17. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pelican thinks that is a wow moment? Nobody gives a fuck. I bet he had to leave early to caught the early bird special.

18. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's great when Howard pretends to be a music lover. The guy went about 40 years between music purchases, had an empty iTunes library until 2013 (when he had vinyl enthusiast Gary fill it up with his own library of free and stolen mp3s), has never stayed for more than a few songs at the handful of concerts he's attended (and he's always gotten in with free tickets), and can't remember more than a few words to (or even the correct titles of) his so-called all-time favorite songs. Music isn't important to Howard, but he thinks it should be, so he acts like it is. And so he says stuff that he thinks a true music lover would say, like, "I just spent all weekend listening to iTunes, Robin" or, "I'm such a fan of music."

PelicanWig likes this.
  19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#mon

Howard said that call is the greatest. He laughed as it was playing. Howard said he has to check the top 5 songs. He said at number 5 was Sam Smith. Howard said that the Sam Smith song reminded him of the Tom Petty song ''I Won't Back Down'' but slower. He said that put him in the mood to hear that so he had Fred play that too. Howard said he has a rich friend who had Tom Petty playing in his living room. He said that you tend to appreciate something like that. He said it was so weird. He said he was like 2 feet from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Howard said if you have a couple billion it's not that big of a deal.

Howard said that was one of the most surreal nights of his life. He said the year after that the guy had Elton John sitting in his living room playing a whole concert. Howard said it was pretty awesome. Howard said he hast been invited back since. Howard said people tend to get sick of him.

Howard said he was the only jerk off paying attention that night. He said people were just milling around and talking. He said he sat there and enjoyed the entertainment. He said maybe he wasn't social enough.

Dump Button likes this.
  20. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to get annoyed with Ralph's bad behavior when he was out and about with Howard, but now I find it awesome that he was fucking up Howard's good time hob-nob'ing.