Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mark Mayonnaise, Mar 29, 2016.
For tomorrow I shall be attempting to perform
REVERSE FUCKING SEAR!!!!!!!!!!
The Reverse Seared Steak
2 Ribeye or New York strip steaks (1 to 1 ½ inches thick)
Kosher salt and course black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 250°F.
2. Place your steaks on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a rack. Season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until an instant-read thermometer reads 125°F for medium rare. (Check them around the 40-minute mark first, as oven temperatures and steak thickness will vary.) Let rest 5 minutes.
4. In an EXTREMELY hot cast iron skillet or grill, cook steaks one minute per side, until a dark brown crust forms.
5. Let rest another 10 minutes, slice, and serve.
Bigger than the weekend you found Costco?
Stick with the Triple Lindy.
I fucking believe in you, Drezza!!!
If you're ever feeling particularly ambitious and in the mood for primo bird, I have a method for you. @Chriza
I reverse sear on the reg welcome to the club.
Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock! Can you at least perfect the regular sear first?
For the love of Pete, just throw some charcoal in the grill and cook them 4 minutes on each side over an open flame and stop being a faggot.
Ever try sous vide?
Its a good technique for thick cut steaks. For regular/thin steaks just season them and slap em on a hot grill or cast iron for a few minutes a side.
I'm very curious to hear it even though I fear the punchline is going to be you flipping me off