Torn Bicep

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by thor33, Nov 5, 2015.

1. thor33

thor33 Member

Reputations:
    Anyone ever have a distal tear in their bicep? My bicep is literally up by my shoulder. Seeing an orthopedic this afternoon. I'm assuming surgery.

2. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    you can reattach the bicep but it may limit extension of the arm. Most Orthopedist advice to do nothing unless its a complete tear more than likely on half of the (long head short head of the tendon)muscle or less became detached and you'll just have this fucked up knot on you double biceps pose for the rest of your life 'Popey muscle"

3. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is it your masturbating arm?

4. sumtexan

sumtexan Consentido de Dios Gold

Reputations:
    Yes, I have. Today is week 7 following my rotator cuff repair surgery and bicep tendon tenodesis. It sucks. Here's some advice I can give you for surgery: Unless you have a recliner you can comfortably sleep in, buy a memory foam wedge to sleep because you will need to wear a sling with abduction pillow at all times (other than shower time), and sleeping with this rig blows. Second, surgery to repair this area is a necessary thing, but is something that one could put off for a long time. Don't put it off, do it now because recovery only gets harder the older one gets. Third, make sure you are nice to your wife/gf because she is going to help you shower yourself. Fourth, don't rush recovery; I have a friend who re-tore his bicep tendon a few weeks after the repair and now needs another surgery to repair it.

Good luck!

5. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    Ouch! I feel for you - once had a partially torn tendon in the forearm and it fucking hurt!

I do know someone who went through this and it was a surgery event. Good luck dude!

6. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Walk it off

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:

[​IMG]

8. mikeshauling

mikeshauling Active Member

Reputations:
    Yep, mine tore off the lower bone and rolled up in my arm. They drilled a hole through my bone just below my elbow and pinned it back down. It sucked. Do the therapy and it will get back to almost normal if everything goes well. I am lucky because i still have full extension and motion with my arm....

9. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just curious guys. How did you sustain these injuries? Weightlifting? Or some other athletic activity? Physical labor? Just wondering...