News Truckers' lives matter

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SouthernListen, Feb 21, 2016.

1. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.walb.com/story/31273288/waffle-house-shootout-on-old-national-highway Video is here, I have no idea how to embed it

ATLANTA (CBS46) -
    Witnesses recorded cell phone video of a confrontation between College Park Police and the driver of a tractor trailer in which police shot at the truck multiple times.

It happened at about 8 p.m. Saturday.

Tate Ranvek and his daughter Kyra were driving down Old National Highway in College Park when they wound up in the middle of a dangerous confrontation.

Ranvek said the truck driver, identified as 46 year-old Yahya Nalm Shakur, appeared to be stuck on the curb and couldn't get out of the Waffle House parking lot.

"He kept going at least twenty times back and forth."

The issue tied up traffic and lasted so long that police eventually came to see what was happening. That's when Ranvek said Shakur started being uncooperative.

"The cops came and shut him down. I'm right here, parked here, I couldn't go anywhere. Cops are behind me, and he's in front of me, so we bailed out over to the Waffle House and started video taping," said Ranvek.

Ranvek said police started by asking Shakur if he was alright, and then things quickly escalated to the point where police were firing guns to get him to quit moving his truck back and forth.

"Police started showing up, telling him to stop, eventually they started shooting out the wheels and the radiator, and incapacitated the semi-truck. They tried to go in and get him out of the [cab], and then shots started ringing out. ... Then eventually, he got out on foot and they chased him across the road, and they stopped him."

Ranvek and his daughter said, by the end, as many as a dozen officers were trying to get Shakur to stop his truck, all the while, he never gave up on trying to get his truck off the curb where it was stuck.

Kyra Ranvek's reaction at the time was, "What's this semi truck going to do when he gets out? Run over everybody? There's cars everywhere right here."

Tate Ranvek
    "There's no way he's going to get out of this with all the cops here shooting.".

College Park Police said neither the officers nor Shakur were hit by any of the gunfire.

Ranvek recorded video of one officers holding his arm and appearing to be in pain. He thought that officer had been shot by a gun, but police clarified that officer was hit by a taser in the confusion.

Police said Shakur is in custody and the investigation is now being handled by the GBI. College Park Police said they did not find a gun on him.

He is being charged with aggravated assault of a police officer, reckless conduct, obstruction and DUI less safe.

Police did not know if the truck was stolen. They did not find any suspicious cargo in the trailer. Right now, they're not sure why Shakur was uncooperative and disobeying their commands to stop.

2. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    Old national highway is a horrible road.

3. holly1975

holly1975 Treasure Valley's Greatest Treasure Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.cbs46.com/clip/12230766/raw-video-trucker-police-confrontation-at-waffle-house

UPDATED:FEB 21 2016 05:04PM EST

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the College Park Department to investigate an officer involved shooting incident that occurred on Old National Highway in College Park Saturday.

Preliminary information indicates that four officers from College Park PD witnessed suspicious activity from Yahya Nalm Shakur, age 46, who was driving a semi-trailer truck. Shakur was operating the semi-trailer truck in an unsafe manner. Officers gave verbal commands to Shakur to stop and he refused to comply with them. Instead, he pointed the vehicle in the direction of the officers and in return officers fired shots at the vehicle, striking the tires and engine. Shakur was not struck. In an attempt to remove Shakur from the vehicle, officers deployed a Taser and Shakur remained non-compliant.

Shakur was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, reckless conduct, reckless driving, obstruction, and DUI less safe. No officers were injured during this incident.

The GBI will conduct an independent investigation to determine what occurred during the incident. When the investigation is complete, it will be turned over to the Fulton County District Attorney's Office for any action they deem appropriate.

4. holly1975

Reputations:
    By the way he was driving he may of worked here first.....

codeine and jlightningzz like this.
  5. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    He had a load of donuts.

What country is this?
    People used to be named Tom, Bill and Bob.

17 Squabble Ln, reno and jlightningzz like this.
  6. jlightningzz

jlightningzz Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dudes last name was Shakur. Tupac Shakur was shot in Vegas and you live there. Maybe they were trying to find his killer? I actually ate donuts with my friends Tommy and Bob this morning..at a cool place with good hot coffee....in America where you live with people that have funny sounding names...sometimes.

chrisfromvegas likes this.
  7. jlightningzz

Reputations:

Habsfan and codeine like this.
  8. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Where was Bob?
    What kind of name is Yahya?

Why do I have to choose a language when I call a business?
    Just what the HELL is going on here?

:yell:

hugh jasol and jlightningzz like this.
  9. jlightningzz

Reputations:
    Bob is a dude with a van and he hooked me up this morning so I could move IKEA shit. Yahya is an ancient Muscovite name meaning..."cooperation." You must choose a language when you call a business because the immigration policy of the United States is pretty relaxed compared to other western nations. I dunno what is going on there, I just shut up do what I'm told, and hopefully I don't get shot.

chrisfromvegas likes this.
  10. Gear Jammer

Gear Jammer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ugh.... fucking steering wheel holder.

holly1975 likes this.
  11. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
    This is called "insourcing" they can't outsource trucking so the bring the dumb fucks here to work for peanuts.

12. holly1975

Reputations:
    Yup. My boyfriend is familiar with them. He says they're some of the worst on the road, they hire people that can't work elsewhere.

13. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    You're absolutely right.
    I didn't know it was called insourcing.
    Truck driving used to pay well. Not anymore. When the hours are considered, the pay is less than McDonalds.

icypussy likes this.
  14. holly1975

Reputations:
    It still does. Those companies you have to stay away from though. The really big ones Insource and barely train and then there's a whole Russian thing out of Chicago that are really bad too. I work at a smaller company as a CSR and we get some of those guys "trained" by the bigger companies. Scary scary stuff.

chrisfromvegas and icypussy like this.
  15. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He was listening to The Howard Stern Show. Beth was on and he was busy beating off to her voice. Howard is number one in trucks driven by weirdos.

Apple the cat, Habsfan, OV and 2 others like this.
  16. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    I calculate my hours when I'm not at home. So 24 hour X 25 days? That's 600 hours a month.

There is a local place a friend of mine works for. He does OK, and is home weekends. He picks up granite from LA and bring it here a few times a week. The big carriers? What, 30 cents a mile? Pass.

icypussy and holly1975 like this.
  17. hugh jasol

hugh jasol white trash on dope Gold

Reputations:
  18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Lol... Is that Reginald Denny?

19. Caldwell

Caldwell Active Member

Reputations:

Listen some of us are young, handsome, drive heavily modified BMWs, have girthy penises and play guitar really well and other people are you and shouldn't attempt comedy ever.

20. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    "Western Express"....'Nuff said..............