Truman Show

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by PauleyWalnuts, Dec 29, 2012.

1. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Are we all living in the Truman Show??

Calll me a kook, but look in ur newspapers, I bet u all see the same exact thing. Look at ur 6 oclock news, same exact stories, weather at certain time, sports at a certain time, once in a while a fluff story thrown in, a puppy rescue, other than that, the news is exactly the same on every channel. Tune to CNN, or FOX, or MSNBC, same stories running all day long. Think about it, are we in the Truman Show????

Think about it?? Step back and check it out??? Check out ur local news at 6:00pm, then flip channels throughout ur news, see the bullshit similarities they are feeding u. I bet u see it. I don't want to go further, cause I might upset some peeps.
    Anyway, peace out PW

2. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Good morning!
    And if I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight!

3. StormCloud

StormCloud Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Excellent post PW! It is funny that I felt the same way the last time I watched that movie. All of what we see anymore feels like packaged propaganda designed to keep us peaceful.

4. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Thanks dude for responding, I don't believe 99 percent of what the media is sayin. They get their shit from the "AP" who fucks the story up every other minute.

5. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Do you ever just sit down, look up in the sky, look at the MOON, relax and wonder if things are real. I feel like things around me, and people are HOOKin me into things. I hope we all wake up and have a good day. Thanks PW

6. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Classic, thanks Nap :)

7. StormCloud

StormCloud Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Nature and our reactions to natural things are real. PR people have found ways to manipulate the quickly developing technologies to play on our natural emotions. The emotion that merits the strongest reaction is fear, followed closely by greed, then envy, then our natural altruism. The oddity in all of this is that as American corporations continue to consolidate their powers in media holdings, they also are shipping all of the good jobs they once kept in the USA overseas. They would have been able to purchase their way to complete domination of our politics if they wouldn't have pissed off a large percentage of our population by removing their opportunities to support themselves. There is a battle in our media between the old powers - organized labor and tort law vs the owners of the capital. They need your full attention and support. Neither party is concerned about you.

8. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    You summed it up, there is nothing left, we are living in a fantasy land. We look at Greece and wonder if USA is close to it, we are there, false dollars being thrown around, also a false world we live in.

9. PauleyWalnuts

PauleyWalnuts New Member

Reputations:
    Whenever a major tradjedy happens, we just take for granted that the media is telling us the truth. How do we know what is really going on in the middle east? We constantly get "you tube" videos from the nations in the middle east. We don't know if it is real time, or a video taped years ago. We don't know. The media tells us what to think and see. Ur gonna say, we got news people there, bullshit, the media tells u, we got media people there, doesn.t mean it is going on live. Wake the fuck up, question ur Media and ur Government.