Politics Trump: "Ben Can't Do The Job"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Nov 3, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    ‘Ben can’t do the job’: Trump rips Carson after latest poll

Ben Carson surges ahead of Trump in new poll

Donald Trump, after holding back at last week's debate, challenged Ben Carson's fitness for office on Tuesday, saying "Ben can't do the job."

He blasted Carson after a second poll showed the retired neurosurgeon taking the lead over Trump nationally. The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll showed Carson leading Trump, 29-23 percent, among GOP primary voters. Asked about the findings on Fox News, Trump said he doesn't know what it is about Carson that's attracting a following.

"I like Ben, but Ben can't do the job, I mean there's no question about it," Trump said. "He's not going to be able to negotiate with China. It's not his thing ... It's not in his wheelhouse, he's never done it before, and I don't think it's, you know, meant for him."

Trump went on to call Carson "very weak on immigration" and called his position on Medicare the "end of his campaign."

Trump asserted that Carson wants to end Medicare -- though Carson recently told "Fox News Sunday" that's no longer the case. Carson said he changed his mind after talking to a lot of economists.

"That was the old plan," Carson recently "Fox News Sunday," saying he now prefers so-called health savings accounts as an alternative to Medicare.

The same WSJ/NBC poll also showed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz surging, with 11 percent and 10 percent, respectively. Further, it showed 77 percent of Republicans saying they would at least consider supporting Carson -- 17 points higher than for Trump.

Though Trump is back to attacking Carson, both candidates are effectively outsiders in a race still heavily populated by current and former senators and governors. Carson, defending his appeal in a recent interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," said the government was set up for "citizen statesmen, not for career politicians."

Carson has mostly avoided criticizing any other candidates, at debates and off-stage.

Trump, too, avoided sparring with Carson at last week's debate in Colorado. The candidates instead ended up banding together, during and after the debate, to criticize the CNBC moderators -- and, in the last couple days, seek changes in the debate process.

That push, though, remains in flux. More than a dozen campaigns met in suburban Washington on Sunday, a meeting that produced a draft letter to debate host networks seeking assurances on a range of topics -- including assurances that candidates would be allowed to give opening and closing statements.

But Trump has since thrown a wrench into that push by saying the campaign would continue to "negotiate directly" with networks on debate criteria. Ohio Gov. John Kasich, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former HP CEO Carly Fiorina also have not signed onto the new push, though other campaigns are reviewing the letter. The push for changes is not expected to affect the upcoming Nov. 10 GOP debate, hosted by Fox Business Network.

Trump, meanwhile, on Tuesday was promoting a new book titled "Crippled America."

The book speaks directly to voters, making the case that Trump has the experience and business savvy to accomplish things that traditional, all-talk, no-action politicians can't. It comes as Trump is continuing to adjust to a new phase of the campaign in which the once undisputed front-runner is now facing heightened competition from a number of his GOP rivals.

"This book is designed to give the reader a better understanding of me and my ideas for our future," Trump writes. "I'm a really nice guy, but I'm also passionate and determined to make our country great again."

While two recent national polls have shown Carson leading Trump, the billionaire businessman continues to lead -- by double digits -- in the first-in-the-nation primary state of New Hampshire.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

DiamondGoddess and sumtexan like this.
  2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Trump got this right but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

3. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the Republican ticket has no white males on it not only will the Dems heads explode, their entire bodies will vibrate so violently they will disintegrate into individual atoms.

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The party that runs a black woman candidate wins in a landslide.

5. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    boooey i dont understand your point.
    dems want carson, cause they know he has 0 chance of winning

6. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the reason carson is so dopey,is because he is on antipsychotic drugs to stop him gutting anyone like a fish with a knife. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want someone like that near the button.

Maybe trump when he becomes president, should take carson off his meds and send him to 'negotiate' with the mexicans ,with a big machete in his briefcase,in case words don't work? 'Build that wall motherfuckers'

7. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On a serious note, carson is only being pushed by the media because they are hoping he takes votes off trump, if trump was to go, the media would take care of carson far easier than trump. The media wants a rubio/clinton contest, and clinton to win.

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe if Carson plays nice, Trump will make him Secretary of HHS or something.

hypo666 likes this.
  9. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Trump loves to say X can't negotiate with China.... that's pretty much all he has. Look for Trump to be out by new year. He's fading.... despite what @ltd86 would have you believe.

blckknight60, JesusTwins and Dorb like this.
  10. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Anyone know if Carson has run any sort of business or significant organization before? I wouldn't want a surgeon who hadn't done surgery before either.

11. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm thinking some combination of Rubio, Cruz, and Fiorina.

JesusTwins likes this.
  12. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where is Condi Rice?

13. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Why do so many people proclaim their wishes as fact? He's the center of attention at the debates, the networks are beggging to get him on so their ratings go up. He's the frontrunner. Only if the pro-immigration amnesty voters outnumber Trumps would he lose. And from polls on that topic it does not look like many Republican likely voters want an amnesty or even the status quo. This would preclude significant support for a Rubio type. Carson or Ted Cruz might be their only palatable alternative.

From Rasmussen:

Forty-seven percent (47%) of Democrats favor the president acting alone to grant amnesty to several million illegal immigrants. Ninety percent (90%) of Republicans and 65% of voters not affiliated with either party are opposed. Still, less than half of Democrats (46%) think the president has the legal right to take such action.

Eighty-four percent (84%) of GOP voters and 59% of unaffiliateds think Congress should challenge the president in court if he does grant this amnesty, but only 27% of Democrats agree. Fifty-three percent (53%) of voters in the president's party oppose such a lawsuit, but 20% are undecided about it.

14. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Probably not big enough of a loser to want to run for the office.

Greater than even chance the wheels come off the monetary system during the next 4-8 years. Fair or not, that president will go down in history all right, but not in a good way.

15. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    The fact is he's going down while others are going up. I don't care if tge networks want him for ratings lol. He was at the top of every poll before, now he's fading. It's my opinion he will be out long before a real vote is counted.

Dorb likes this.
  16. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love when republicans do stuff like pushing Michael Steele out there - See? Why like black people too....we really do!

No chance in hell the GOP nominates a blaeck.

17. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Rubio doesn't scare me one bit as a Democrat. I think he peaked too early where the attention will be on him and people will realize that he is not a serious candidate to win.

You cannot look at National polls when looking at this race. State-to-state polls is what will decide this nomination. Carson winning Iowa would not be a big deal at all. He'll lose big in NH and will be interesting where he will place in SC. Trump, if he doesn't fade in 2 months should be highly competitive in the first three primaries. After that anything can happen and momentum can carry someone far.

18. SouthernListen

Reputations:

Their current #2 ranked candidate is black. Carson does better in the deep south than in the north. #3 is Latino. #5 is Latino. So, combined, more Republicans are currently supporting blacks, latinos, or women than Trump. About 45%. And of the others they'll switch to one of the above as marginal candidates drop out, meaning it likely will go over 50%.

So much for that theory.

19. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jeb will quit after he finishes 4th in New Hampshire leaving Rubio as the only establishment republican and hence the republican nominee.

FosterKitten likes this.
  20. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We will find out soon enough. I think they will nominate the poster-boy for white privilege and republican racism.....TRUMP! But I could be wrong :dontknow:

FosterKitten likes this.