Politics Trump Charitable Foundation - What a dick!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Getthepoisonout, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold on Tuesday published a series of stunning revelations about Donald Trump's charitable foundation, reporting that the Republican presidential nominee used money from the Trump Foundation to pay legal fees related to his businesses.

The report, citing tax records, said Trump had not made a single donation to his charity since 2008 and sometimes used money from others through the foundation to pay off legal expenses.

The money relating to those expenses, which reportedly amounted to $258,000 from the Trump Foundation, may have violated "self-dealing" laws that prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money for self-benefit or the benefit of their for-profit businesses, according to The Post.

"I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I've never encountered anything so brazen," Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington, told The Post, later describing the details as "really shocking."

"If he's using other people's money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that's about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I've seen in a while," he continued.

Trump could be found in violation of self-dealing rules from the Internal Revenue Service, The Post said, which could require him to pay penalties or reimburse the foundation's money. He is also facing scrutiny from the New York attorney general's office, The Post added, which could find him in violation of the state's charity laws.

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign fired off a response to the Post story soon after it was published.

"Clearly the Trump Foundation is as much a charitable organization as Trump University is an institute of higher education," Christina Reynolds, the campaign's deputy communications director, said in a statement. "Trump’s version of charity is taking money from others to settle his own legal issues and buy at least two pictures of himself, which experts say is a clear violation of laws governing charitable organizations."

"Once again, Trump has proven himself a fraud who believes the rules don't apply to him," she continued. "It's past time for him to release his tax returns to show whether his tax issues extend to his own personal finances."

Trump's campaign responded to the story in a lengthy statement Tuesday night.

"In typical Washington Post fashion, they've gotten their facts wrong," senior communications adviser Jason Miller said in the statement.

He added: "ThePost's reporting is peppered with inaccuracies and omissions from a biased reporter who is clearly intent on distracting attention away from the corrupt Clinton Foundation, a vehicle for the Clintons to peddle influence at the expense of the American people."

Here are some of the other revelations from Fahrenthold:
    • Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach stemming from a dispute over the size of a flagpole. The tallest a flagpole could be in Palm Beach was 42 feet, but Trump insisted on an 80-foot pole, claiming that "you don't need a permit to put up the American flag." The town agreed to waive the fines if Trump's club made a $100,000 donation to a specific veterans charity. But Trump instead sent a check from his foundation, Fahrenthold reported.
    • Trump's New York golf courses agreed to settle a lawsuit by making a donation to the plaintiff's chosen charity, but the $158,000 donation was instead made by the Trump Foundation, according to The Post. The lawsuit was filed after a man, Martin Greenberg, hit a hole-in-one on the 13th hole at Trump's Westchester, New York, golf course during a charity tournament, briefly winning $1 million, which was taken away after it was revealed that the shot did not travel a required 150 yards. Trump's course was accused of intentionally making the hole too short.
    • Trump spent $30,000 of foundation money on two portraits of himself.
    • Trump spent $5,000 of foundation money to buy advertisements for his hotel chain.
    • Trump spent $12,000 of foundation money to buy a football helmet signed by former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow.

2. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    I've been hearing so much about the awful Clinton Foundation, now I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say about this Trump fiasco.

Trump is a fucking mess.

Butters Stoch, Dorb, floplop and 4 others like this.
  3. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    This is why I want to see the taxes. What does Chump give to charity?

I'm sure that Chump doesn't give anything to charity.

4. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:

:lol:

let us know when you have anything concrete.:jj:

John G., Onion, Turtle Man and 5 others like this.
  5. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    Oh fuck you Dave.............oh shit I am outta here................................

can I have that Nameth picture?

sfgirl likes this.
  6. Getthepoisonout

Reputations:
    My favourite one is where they had a golf tournament and offered a prize of $1MM for a hole in one. A guy gets the hole in one but they say in the fine print that the ball must travel 150 yards to claim the prize but they set up the hole at 149 yards so they don't have to pay. He will be a great President.

Butters Stoch, Vic Tory, Dorb and 5 others like this.
  7. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Trump has always used other people's money -- I'd be surprised if any of his fortune is actually his.

8. I invented that

Reputations:

149 < 150

DrSublux likes this.
  9. Getthepoisonout

Reputations:
    So then maybe he will be an great President because the US also uses other peoples money.

Dorb likes this.
  10. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So your proof threshold for impropriety is different for your chosen candidate? Shocking.

11. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    What a hypocritical clown.

12. I invented that

Reputations:
    Calm down missy, they haven't proved he did anything wrong.:facepalm:

13. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If this is true, it's pretty fuckin funny

Getthepoisonout and XuXu like this.
  14. I invented that

Reputations:
    Actually you're the one who's being hypocritical. :nono:

15. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I stand by my original post.

16. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I've seen that blinking mess from the Washington Post all over the lib shows with his "reports". Essentially they trying to make all the graft, play-for-play, and self enrichment the Clintons have done with their charity scam seem acceptable.

The big difference is that The Clinton Foundation is the main source of the Clintons wealth (beside speaking fees). Where Trump's foundation is at best window dressing to make him look good or a common tax dodge that wealthy people use. You've got a career criminal couple cashing in on their political positions at a level not even achieved by LBJ and Ladybird vs just another Businessman using every trick in the book to cut his tax liability by a few scheckles.

You also have to remember that the Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos (of Amazon) who like many Billionaires apparently feel that having a Billionaire President would put some inextricable shade over them.

Wiggy likes this.
  17. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Tell your s some more about the evils of the Clinton Foundation. Tell us some more about the 'pay for play'.

You are fucking pathetic bullshit.

Dorb, Gusbuss and XuXu like this.
  18. I invented that

Reputations:
    Tards gonna tard.:giggle:

Dorb likes this.
  19. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    "Besides speaking fees"

Show us the proof of Clinton Foundation wrong doing.

You're now starting to see the wrong committed by Trump, and you're defending it. Sad!

Dorb, Gusbuss and XuXu like this.
  20. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Yes, you certainly are tarding.

MrsTreat, Dorb, ramble and 2 others like this.