Politics Trump declares war on the GOP

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MilkyDischarge, Oct 11, 2016.

1. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Shit is getting real now. It's long and a good read. I bolded the key points.

Trump declares war on GOP, says ‘the shackles have been taken off’

Donald Trump declared war on the Republican establishment Tuesday, lashing out at House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.), Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and other GOP elected officials as his supporters geared up to join the fight amid extraordinary turmoil within the party just four weeks before Election Day.

One day after Ryan announced he would no longer campaign on Trump’s behalf, the GOP nominee said as part of a barrage of tweets that the top-ranking Republican is “weak and ineffective” and is providing “zero support” for his candidacy. Trump also declared that “the shackles have been taken off” him, liberating him to “fight for America the way I want to.”

Trump called McCain “foul-mouthed” and accused him with no evidence of once begging for his support. The 2008 nominee pulled his endorsementfollowing a Friday Washington Post report about a 2005 video in which Trump is heard making vulgar comments about forcing himself on women sexually.

“I wouldn’t want to be in a foxhole with a lot of these people, that I can tell you. ... especially Ryan,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News Channel. He said if he is elected president, Ryan might be “in a different position.”

In perhaps the most piercing insult, Trump said his party is harder to deal with than even Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, whom conservatives loathe. Yet he also released a new TV ad featuring footage of Clinton coughing and stumbling during a recent bout with pneumonia — signaling that few issues are out of bounds for his scorched-earth campaign.

These Republicans are calling for Trump to step down
    Play Video1:48

In the wake of a new Washington Post report showing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump speaking in very lewd terms about women in 2005, some Republicans are calling for Trump to step down as nominee. (Thomas Johnson/The Washington Post)

Disloyal R’s are far more difficult than Crooked Hillary,” he wrote for his more than 12 million followers on Twitter, his preferred platform for picking fights. “They come at you from all sides. They don’t know how to win — I will teach them!”

By backing away from Trump, Ryan and his allies were hoping to insulate themselves and their majorities on Capitol Hill from the baggage weighing down the nominee’s flagging campaign. For many, the breaking point was the 2005 video.

But they are suddenly dealing with another problem: an impulsive and bellicose businessman with an army of loyal supporters willing to exact retribution against elected officials they feel have abandoned them. The rift could have profound ramifications for the Republican Party as a whole, shattering any sense of unity and jeopardizing its chances of holding onto the Senate and even, potentially, the House.

Trump’s barbs left some backers unsettled, including Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who has been a Trump booster for months and an informal adviser.

“Dr. Carson has been unwavering in his support but the last 24 hours have made that support very difficult to maintain,” Carson adviser Armstrong Williams said in a statement.

Carson said in a brief interview that Trump “would be wise to praise Ryan rather than be at war with him. I keep trying to emphasize to him that the issues are where you win.”

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, a Trump ally, said Trump should “use the enormous power of social media” to mount a pressure campaign on wavering Republicans.

“It’s time for him to send targeted messages to each district and state and have Republican voters ask their candidates: ‘Are you going to help us defeat Hillary Clinton?’ And Trump should make it clear that the side effect of not helping Trump is electing Hillary Clinton.”

Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson tweeted Monday that she could not keep her mobile phone charged “due to the mass volume of texts from people” who plan to vote for Trump but not for other Republicans on the ballot.

Ryan said Monday that he would no longer defend or campaign with Trump. Dozens of other Republican elected officials have gone even further, calling on Trump to leave the race in the wake of the 2005 video.

“Paul Ryan is focusing the next month on defeating Democrats, and all Republicans running for office should probably do the same,” Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck said in a statement responding to Trump’s attacks Tuesday.

Trump began his Twitter attacks Tuesday morning in New York before jetting off to raise money in Texas and to host an evening rally in Panama City Beach, Fla. At a San Antonio fundraising event, Trump tore into Ryan, whom he accused of “total disloyalty to the party.”

“I think they forgot that there was an election because something happened in the last month where you didn’t see them, right?” Trump said of prominent Republicans who have not campaigned for him, according to audio of the fundraiser obtained by the Texas Tribune. “You didn’t see them. I said, ‘Why aren’t they on the shows? Why aren’t they all over the place?’ ”

Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller said the campaign was not preoccupied over whether congressional leadership is with the nominee.

“Mr. Trump’s campaign has never been driven or fueled by Washington. It’s always been driven by the grass roots and it will continue to be,” Miller said. “What we want is everyone who wants to defeat Hillary Clinton to be on board. Anyone who’s concerned about the direction of the country.”

A Ryan confidant said the House speaker — the highest ranking Republican in the country — is trying to strike a careful balance by turning away from Trump but not officially withdrawing his endorsement.

“He’s threading a lot of needles here,” said the confidant, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak candidly. “He wanted to make a clean break with Trump. So saying I won’t defend him and won’t campaign with him was his way of making a break. He was so repulsed by the tape. But there are still a lot of members in the conference who don’t want to be at war with Trump’s voters in their district.”

Some Republicans have agonized over how to deal with Trump in the final weeks of the race. Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), who ran against Trump in the GOP primaries and is running for reelection in a key battleground state, issued a statement Tuesday saying he continues to support the nominee, whom he once called “dangerous” and a “con man.”

“I disagree with him on many things, but I disagree with his opponent on virtually everything,” Rubio said. “I wish we had better choices for president. But I do not want Hillary Clinton to be our next president. And therefore my position has not changed.”

The sentiment that Trump is far from ideal but is better than the only realistic alternative is one many of his backers are clinging to as justification for maintaining their support.

“You don’t go after somebody who is, as Ronald Reagan would say, your 80 percent friend. What you do is stand with them,” Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) said in an interview with Fox Business Network. “And it is not helpful to have this kind of drama going on. What you need to do is say we have a binary choice.”

Democrats on Tuesday continued their fierce criticism of Trump’s lewd comments about women. White House press secretary Josh Earnest said President Obama found the 2005 video “repugnant” and that “there has been a pretty clear statement by people all along the ideological spectrum that those statements constituted sexual assault.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b21dc4-8fc9-11e6-9c52-0b10449e33c4_story.html

2. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Trump in a twitter fury.

Oh boy!

Captain and wife is a whore like this.
  3. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This election is about enough of America waking up to the fact that the 2 party system is a total joke and disgrace to freedom and democracy. It's not "crazy people" saying that.....it's really the only rational view a sane person can take. Most people refuse to call themselves "Democrat" or "Republican".

This is the Tea Party, Bernie people, Trump people, libertarians etc all getting together and seeing that "the system" can be defeated.

The hardcore left media is ecstatic that the Republican Party is "falling apart" but they don't realize how many people don't want to be Democrats anymore either.

4. bootyclause

Reputations:
    so i really applaud trump for calling these guys out. They are dorks who think if they distance themselves from Trump they can somehow win next time around.

Guys like Ryan or Romney are about the last guys on earth you would want to be in a foxhole with.

5. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is all true. It's just an absolute shame the right has chosen this clown to be its knight. Had dump decided to run on the democratic ticket, people on the right would feel the same. He's not the answer, for anything or anyone

DuckDong, Tish, Dan and 6 others like this.
  6. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Just think if the GOP had stayed on track with a qualified candidate they would be easily winning by landslide tonight and the conversation would be totally different on dawgshed. The GOP created this monster, now they have to deal with it.

7. MrsTreat

MrsTreat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter - HRC has this one in the bag now. It's over! Now we can go back to talking about GP2 and over-reaching mods. :)

8. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Sadly, you are correct.
    Someone qualified, totally vanilla and inoffensive could have taken it.
    As the article suggests, this may fuck up the GOP. But that may spark the revolution for the party to reinvent itself or bring in the third party. But I'm probably being naive to think this will lead to positive change

9. dawg

Reputations:
    I get that we need a shake up but it takes time. Sometimes you have to chip away at stuff little by little, this way instead of taking something the house is being burned down, does that make sense? :jj:

10. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    I dont recall even once this election cycle McCain, Ryan, Thune, or any of those Repub faggots saying dick about Hillary and the entire scummy circus that follows her everywhere.

Yet they cant wait to shit on Trump.

Suddenly, the premise of Designated Survivor sounds pretty fucking good...

11. bootyclause

Reputations:
    He's a symbolic figure to me, like a cartoon or a meme. I don't care if he's a fool. He is brave enough to ask the hard questions even if he doesn't have the answers.

If Hillary wins there's no voice for all these diverse intelligent political groups, it's just everyone going back to sleep with the same old lame government. Trump winning is a symbolic victory for democracy.

12. diggitydank1968

diggitydank1968 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump is done. He will forever be known as a loser. This temper tantrum is pathetic and will not end well for the orange asshole.

nick11, Darkblue, XuXu and 3 others like this.
  13. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Over a hundred of them endorced Hillary. I don't blame him. Rich white elitists protecting their goals and interests.

14. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    If the structure is riddled with termites, chipping at little stuff doesnt work.

You pour gas all over it and burn the fucker to the ground.

15. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's almost no chance of him winning... Hence my point.

16. Horse Be Gone

Horse Be Gone VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Very well said.

17. dawg

Reputations:
    And the flames will be felt all the way down the ballot votes, he is essentially turning most of the country and Washington blue. Is that really what you wanted?

Boring probably, if it had been Rubio etc.. i would have been voting Republican.

18. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    And what were they doing when they endorsed GOP in the past?

Darkblue, FosterKitten and XuXu like this.
  19. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Jerking each other off over the illegal war in Iraq, that Hillary voted yes on.

20. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    He's never been a Republican anyway