Politics Trump drops out of CPAC

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by slab0meat, Mar 4, 2016.

1. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Organizers of a high-profile conservative conference in Washington DC say that Donald Trump has abruptly cancelled his planned appearance tomorrow.

Trump was scheduled to address activists at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) early Saturday morning.

In a statement, Trump's campaign said he would be campaigning in Kansas Saturday in advance of that state's caucuses.

"The Donald J. Trump for President Campaign has just announced it will be in Witchita, Kanasas for a major rally on Saturday prior to Caucus," the statement read, misspelling the name of both the city and the state where he will appear. "He will also be speaking at the Kansas Caucus and then departing for Orlando, Florida and a crowd of approximately 20,000 people or more. Because of this, he will not be able to speak at CPAC as he has done for many consecutive years."

Donald Trump put in the hot seat as GOP debate gets dirty 3:47
    The conference has long been a destination for Republican presidential candidates as well as other conservative lawmakers and media stars. Presidential hopefuls John Kasich, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are all slated to participate, and Ben Carson is expected to use his address Friday to speak about his "political future."

The crowd at CPAC may not have been a uniformly friendly one for Trump. The conference this year has already featured appearances by some of the GOP figures with whom Trump has warred, including RNC chairman Reince Priebus and Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse.

The abrupt cancellation is not the first time Trump has dropped out of a conservative cattle call at the last minute.

He also cancelled a Heritage Action event in South Carolina earlier this cycle, citing a last minute business deal that needed his attention. He was also uninvited from Erick Erickson's Red State Gathering in August.

jackieavenger likes this.
  2. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Since Hannity was live there shitting on him all last night its not a surprise. They wouldn't be voting for him in tue primary anyway. But they will all fall I line for the general election because they are programmed to vote for who they are told to vote for and he will be the only name on the ballot with a R after it.

slab0meat, Tim, Runaway and 2 others like this.
  3. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rand said earlier that he wouldnt attend.

Its the first time a Paul hasnt been there in something like 12 years.

I think Rand cancelled because he didnt wanna be part of the Trump circus (Trump was still scheduled to attend at that time).

4. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Just like all the Ds do as well.

Rinse, repeat.

cg256, J_C, AmericasJudge and 3 others like this.
  5. Willowglen

Reputations:
    keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

6. EndOfLine

Reputations:
    Ideologue nitwit. :jj:

7. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    You say that as if all democrats voted for Obama in 2008 because of his vast executive, business and foreign policy experience. :giggle:

jackieavenger likes this.
  8. Willowglen

Reputations:

Coming from.a deflective moron that adds nothing to the conversation that really means a lot

9. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He sure missed out on a lot

[​IMG]

10. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Willow is one of the absolute dumbest posters on this site...

Like, Ryan Lever-level dumb.

Don't waste your time engaging him.

Might as well be trying to explain Calculus to Gary the Retard...

cg256 and EndOfLine like this.
  11. EndOfLine

Reputations:
    I just figured that out. :thumbup2:

Dirty South likes this.
  12. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

13. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    in fairness, i could name all bams positions in detail. ppl knew what they voted for.
    i know almost none of trumps.
    hes a smart guy, maybe he will learn and have the best policies ever. but no one knows.

PS: i didnt vote bam, but i agreed with every word he said concerning foreign policy.

14. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  15. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You have to admire the Democrats. They have some how convinced a very religious Latino and black population to abandon their core values and vote Democratic. I am shocked that any Catholics would vote Democratic given their pro-choice stand and gay tolerance. They have also convince the poor that a handout is better than a job. I don't understand.

16. Willowglen

Reputations:

Coming from you that means less than nothing

17. Willowglen

Reputations:

You have to admire the Republicans. They've convinced their entire base that constantly voting against their best interests over and over again will somehow help them. And they promise that if they just send them to office one more time they will accomplish all the things they have promised to do over and over again but never seem to get to due to the need to spend all their time and effort working for the lobbyists and billionaires that funded their campaign.

But don't worry "conservatives" if you just vote for them one more time they will finally get rid of all the gays, abortions and spending. They promise.

18. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    If I agree that Obama articulated his proposed policies during his campaign more clearly than Trump, would you agree that, for the most part, he did a fairly horrible job of actually following through on them?

I don't get wrapped around the axle quite as much as some regarding Trump's lack of policy specificity only because I have always been of the mind that campaign promises, by their very nature, are largely meaningless. There are so many unknowns and variables that can't be accounted for until well after the election has ended (how large was the candidates margin of victory, what subsets of the population gave the greatest support, how were the numbers in Congress affected by the election, who is the new Congressional leadership, what events have transpired in the world since the election, etc., etc., etc.) that attempting to lay out any fully formed proposals seems pointless to me.

For that reason, I'm fine with a candidate who simply focuses on the principles under which he will govern and the broadly defined goals he hopes to achieve.

19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i agree. he got almost nothing done. it became PC for Rs to oppose him on everything, and the immature Ds didnt help matters. duno if thats his fault.

i agree, but we dont know his principles either.
    im not against trump, i just wish he educated himself before running. like he did before running a biz.

20. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc VIP

Reputations:
    Totally disagree that people knew all of Obama's positions. Just off the top of my head he was cagey about gay marriage, the withdrawal from Iraq, the use of drones, gun control, etc. People see / hear what they want to but the fact is candidates never get into specifics. They always stick to broad brush strokes and buzz words. Particularly in debates and campaign speeches.

I'm always leery of people that say party X is great and all the problems of the country are the fault of party Y. If you are of this mindset you are a party drone.

Head Censor likes this.