News TRUMP: I'm boycotting Fox News

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by rory, Sep 23, 2015.

1. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    (Reuters/David Mdzinarishvili) Donald Trump. Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he will no longer do interviews on Fox News shows because the network has been treating him "unfairly."

The Republican presidential front-runner tweeted: ".@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won't be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future."

It wasn't immediately clear what caused Trump to announce the boycott, but he has repeatedly feuded with the network in recently.

On Monday night and Tuesday morning, Trump released a lengthy tweetstorm attacking Fox hosts Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly, as well as the "Trump haters" they have on their shows.

He called Kelly "the worst" and labeled her show "terrible." He said O'Reilly "was very negative to me in refusing to post the great polls that came out today including NBC."

He also said he had a hard time watching Fox News, while retweeting multiple supporters trashing Fox and calling for a boycott of the network because of its supposed bias against him.

Trump wasn't finished. On Tuesday evening, he continued berating Kelly, calling her a "lightweight" and "highly overrated." He also said her show was better when she was on vacation.

Reached for a response, a Fox News representative said Trump announced the boycott after the network canceled his upcoming appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor":

At 11:45am today, we canceled Donald Trump's scheduled appearance on "The O’Reilly Factor" on Thursday, which resulted in Mr. Trump's subsequent tweet about his "boycott" of FOX News. The press predictably jumped to cover his tweet, creating yet another distraction from any real issues that Mr. Trump might be questioned about. When coverage doesn't go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome. He doesn't seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country.

Other Trump targets have also publicly disagreed with him about the nature of their breakups in the past.

He claimed he fired his veteran consultant Roger Stone, for example, who insists he actually quit partially because of Trump's feuds with media personalities. And Trump, the former host of "The Apprentice," frequently insists he was the one who dumped NBC — and not the other way around — amid backlash over his heated rhetoric on illegal immigration.

The Trump campaign subsequently released its own statement in response to Fox:

Mr. Trump stands by his statement made earlier today. As a candidate for President of the United States and the definitive front runner in every poll, both nationally and state wide, including the just released poll in the state of Florida, Mr. Trump expects to be treated fairly. All you have to do is look at the tremendous ratings last night from the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, where Mr. Trump was the guest, or the ratings from both debates, to fully understand the facts.

[​IMG]
    two apparent cease-fires struck between the two sides last month.

The first truce was publicly brokered after Trump raged against Kelly for asking him questions he thought were unfair while she moderated the first official Republican primary debate. The fight culminated in a comment about Kelly that many interpreted as a crude reference to menstruation.

Trump insisted that he would never say such a thing.

That détente ended after Trump again went after Kelly a couple of weeks later. Trump released a flood of tweets that, among other things, promoted a supporter who called Kelly a "bimbo" and declared that her show was far better when she was on vacation.

Numerous Fox hosts and personalities then fired back at Trump, and some saw the pushback as a sign they were getting a thumbs-up from the network to do so.

But the real-estate developer eventually returned to doing regular Fox News interviews again in September, including Monday on "Fox & Friends" and "On the Record" with Greta Van Susteren.

For his part, O'Reilly dismissed Trump's attacks Tuesday morning on the "Today" show.

"I've known Trump a long time. He wants people to like him. When people criticize him, he takes it personally," O'Reilly said. "I just think this is just an extension of his reality show, 'The Apprentice.' This is just theater right now. He gets a lot of attention from the theater."

2. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    Can you imagine if Obama or Hiliary did this during their campaigns? I would have loved to hear Obama call Megan Kelly a bimbo after she trashed their kids or his wife.
    I would love for Hilary to call this cunt out for only having a job because of how she looks and blowing Roger Als.
    Ooh I'm loving this.
    I think it's a bad move for him though, but I respect it also.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  3. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    weird.....

Republican vs Republicans

kingofallmessicans and Dorb like this.
  4. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    But is it real or some kind of ploy?

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  5. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's been pretty obvious to me that Fox dislikes the unbought Trump. From the first debate and on Fox has been trying to torpedo the Donald.

It seems Fox wants one of their own, a party insider.

6. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Shut up, stupid.

KDK12 and SouthernListen like this.
  7. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They have been against Trump from the start !! Twisting and turning things that are said to try to make him look bad even though when shown it is not even close to what is really said or meant by Trump. Nothing has been said to M Kelly that required the whining by Fox and others that has taken place. Trump is right in regards that too much political correctness has gone on for far to long quit whining people

8. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Yup, fuck Faux News.

9. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    For his part, O'Reilly dismissed Trump's attacks Tuesday morning on the "Today" show.
    "I've known Trump a long time. He wants people to like him. When people criticize him, he takes it personally," O'Reilly said. "I just think this is just an extension of his reality show, 'The Apprentice.' This is just theater right now. He gets a lot of attention from the theater."

I guess Jeb Bush will be doing a lot of FoxNews interviews now. Let's see how much Bill O'Rielly likes the "attention from the theater" he gets from doing Jeb Bush interviews.
    Bill O'Reilly critizing Trump for theater is so rich. Bill O'Relly author of twenty "They Kill....christ, lincoln, etc" books
    Trump is really an extension of Bill O'Reilly. Bill don't mess up this incredible theater that is your golden egg--all those Trump supporters and your audience are the same people.

10. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    Sticking up for Megan Kelly as a debate moderator or journalist is like sticking up for Erin Rodgers as a sports reporter.

11. tearsOfCum

tearsOfCum Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love it. I love the circus. I hope someone is filming Trump's campaign and makes a documentary out of it.

12. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    If not FOXNews where will he get exposure?
    Oh right, maybe he'll lay low and get some policy specifics worked out.
    Regardless, it's all going to be terrific.

FishySausage likes this.
  13. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    fox is crypto-progressive republican, meaning not at all

Turtle Man likes this.
  14. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    my prediction is he will dump the party and declare independent...no way that relationship lasts.

Precious and Senator Rick like this.
  15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Fox is by far the most dangerous channel to conservatism, way more than the openly liberal channels are

16. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump rules

scoobyla likes this.
  17. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    I think it's a ploy to control his image.
    Jeb Bush/Koch Brothers superpac money using FoxNews like a Thompson submachine gun right now to take down Trump and Carson.
    The Florida poll was really bad for the Koch Brother backed candidates, it's killing their ability to raise hard cash from regular donors, which is vital to their campaigns. All that superpac money can't be used for it, though they have a couple loopholes they are trying.
    Trump needs to pivot into a politician, come up with general policies, some talking points that deal with some specifiics, and get respectable political and business allies to come forward.
    I am not sure Trump is really running yet. He could be trying to negiotiate with the Koch Brothers or Addlestein for some concession.
    I hope he really is running, unlike Carson, he does bring energy and I think he exposes the process (not just the GOP).

18. lastlaugh

lastlaugh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The only time FOX is worth watching is when Greg Gutfeld is on.

Stretch5000 and maroon like this.
  19. RonHeinzkaboot

Reputations:
    Bill O'Reily is a Executive-Cafeteria Catholic
    [​IMG]

20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i think this is the old "u cant break up with me cause im breaking up with u" routine

potroast and RonHeinzkaboot like this.