Politics Trump infuriates the right and confuses the media

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    While the media hates the right and would love to agree with Trump they're caught in a conundrum

Trump implies Bush deserves some blame for 9/11: 'The World Trade Center came down during his reign'
    BY Cameron Joseph, Corky Siemaszko
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Friday, October 16, 2015, 7:22 PM
    • A
    • A
    • A
    Share this URL

Donald Trump stuck a shiv into the Republican establishment Friday by suggesting that former President George W. Bush bears some of the blame for the 9/11 attacks.

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time," Trump said on Bloomberg TV.

Anchor Stephanie Ruhle appeared stunned by Trump’s remark.

"Hold on, you can't blame George Bush for that," she said.

EDITORIAL: OBAMA SOLDIERS ON

[​IMG]

But Trump, who is leading the pack of Republicans running for President, would not budge.

"He was President, OK?” the GOP front-runner said. “Blame him, or don't blame him, but he was President. The World Trade Center came down during his reign."

Trump’s crack sent shockwaves through the Republican ranks — and drew a swift response from Bush’s brother Jeb, who is also running for President.

How pathetic for @realdonaldtrump to criticize the president for 9/11. We were attacked & my brother kept us safe.

— Jeb Bush (@JebBush) October 16, 2015

“How pathetic for @realdonaldtrump to criticize the president for 9/11,” Jeb Bush tweeted. “We were attacked & my brother kept us safe.”

Ari Fleischer, who was Bush's White House Press Secretary during the 9/11 attacks, took an extended pause before responding to Trump's comments.

CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP: GET THE DAILY NEWS ON ANDROID OR IOS

“Donald Trump is getting close to truther territory if he thinks that George Bush is the reason 9/11 happened,” he said. “Does Donald Trump also think that FDR caused Pearl Harbor because that happened under (Franklin) Roosevelt’s watch?"

Meanwhile, the former President would not dignify Trump’s crack with a comment.

“President Bush won't be commenting on this or anything Mr. Trump says,” his spokesman, Freddy Ford, said.

Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani balked at Trump’s comments.

[​IMG] STR/Reuters
    "When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time," Trump said.

“It also came down when I was mayor, I haven’t had anyone blame me,” he said. “I never placed any blame on any American. I placed the blame on the 19 people who did it, and on the ideology that continues to inspire terrorists.”

It’s not the first time Trump has dissed Dubya. He has called his presidency a “disaster” several times, harshly criticizing the handling of the Iraq War among other things.

“Your brother’s administration gave us Barack Obama, because it was such a disaster,” Trump said at the GOP debate last month.

The bipartisan 9/11 Commission, which investigated the Al Qaeda terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001, concluded Bush's administrations and that of his predecessor Bill Clinton both made mistakes that allowed Osama Bin Laden to launch the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

But it did not blame any one person for the intelligence failures.

Bush’s former counterterror chief Richard Clarke, however, testified that Bush scaled back their anti-terror efforts in the months before the attacks — and apologized to the families of the 9/11 victims for failing to protect their loved ones.

But Rep. Pete King (R-L.I.) defended Dubya on Friday, calling Trump’s remark a cheap shot and saying nobody could have predicted the 9/11 attacks.

“I think Donald Trump is totally wrong there,” King said on Fox Radio. “That sounds like a Michael Moore talking point.”

Moore made the anti-Bush documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11.”

2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    The right is so fucking confused right now they dont know ass from hole. You can tell, if you are anti trump you are a Liberal. Yet the right wing establishment hates Trump. I really dont get it.

3. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well he is right about Bush. Trump is just telling a few home truths and it's upsetting people on all sides. I wouldn't call Trump particularly conservative either ,some issues yes but on most no , he is a nationalist this is why he probably isn't wrong when he says he will get on with Putin . The political establishment of any western country , the media never has liked nationalists,but the people do,if the leader is charismatic and says the right things that they want to hear. The media can normally squash a nationalist, but what is interesting is, trump is no fool and he is using their need for ratings and greed against them. Many people feel the media has become obessed with reality TV, freak shows, a modern day roman gladitorial arena, to distract people away from the problems in their lives. The news has become 24/7, far less detail rich on soundbites. Trump is kind of a monster they created and now he is loose and they can't reign him in.He is an extremely clever man.

kicksave7, Xent, Tyrus and 5 others like this.
  4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Social issues, which he doesn't really give a fuck is why i like him

hypo666 and Onion like this.
  5. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    lol.

I love drama.

AmishGirl likes this.
  6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Trump is correct, he just phrases things poorly. The President gets the credit and the blame for what happens on his watch.

I read this AM that the White House is taking credit for slashing the budget deficit from record highs. That's hilarious because the record highs came from the current President, and they fought fought fought with Republicans who succeeded in slashing the deficit.

7. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    In all fairness, Bush was on a month long vacation and the NSA report on how to deal with the imminent terror threat was on his desk on Sept 10th. Don't you remember that factoid his administration put out? ;coffee:

gotnolife, shady and PI Nate like this.
  8. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    They took it to Clinton first who said "Let the new guy deal with it"
    I read that in TIME Magazine :hw:

The Snork and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  9. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bush lied us into war and caused the death of thousands of american GIs too so there's that

shady, Domo Cup and No Head Games like this.
  10. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    didn't Bush's daily briefing say "bin landen determined to attack"?..Bush should be in prison with hillary

MrWarmth and ClintDagger like this.
  11. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc

Reputations:
    Not sure FDR /Pearl Harbor is the best defense there Jeb.

JFK likes this.
  12. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The right wing hates everyone including each other.

Lagersolut likes this.
  13. kingofallmessicans

kingofallmessicans Sandy Cunt

Reputations:
    Trump has a good team of people. All he did here was state a fact. Immediately he becomes more likable to anyone without a horse in the race. He upset the establishment Right, which is appealing to anyone who might feel they are Conservative, but don't give a shit about gay marriage or abortion. He also made a point the Left has to agree with. One the left would like to expand on. So anyone who actually exists, sitting in the middle, waiting until the election gets closer to start paying attention, sees a guy stating a fact, and getting a reaction out of both sides. "Trumps right about this, why are they trying to tear him down?" Once that question gets asked, it puts Trump in a completely different place in peoples minds than the other candidates. Trump is the guy everyone sort of cares about. Half the country already hates and ignores Hilary and Jeb. Everyone wants to know about Trump.

Tyrus, hypo666, Onion and 3 others like this.
  14. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    CrucifiedAGT and PI Nate like this.
  15. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Don't know if this is trump being trump, or what. Blaming bush for 9/11 is dumb. Let's face it, there's a virtual treasure trove of things to dislike about bush... 9/11 is hardly one.

16. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

RenchFries and The Snork like this.
  17. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    True. But we're still fighting those wars seven years into his successors term. You'd have to think that if they were so wrong to begin with, we would've found a way to end them. We pulled out of Iraq, but an Isis problem still haunts us.

18. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    Trump thinks that saying something shocking will keep him in the spotlight and raise his poll numbers. This is a bad strategy, but I don't think he really wants to be president anyway.

Horff and Dorb like this.
  19. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Its all about his huuuuuuge ego.
    He knows he wont be nominated.

20. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    trump is a close acquaintance of bill and Hillary Clinton, the respective families are extremely friendly.... moreover, bill encouraged trump to seek the gop nomination, bill believes that trump will change the nature of the gop, currently, the party is greatly influenced by the religious right trumps ascendancy will cause conflict within the party ...trump has lived the life of a heathen