Politics Trump reduced to High School gym rally whining about poll numbers and blaming Christians

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Oct 27, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    donald_trump12.jpg

SIOUX CITY, Iowa -- At first, Donald Trump seemed to downplay his falling poll numbers in Iowa. He's only "a little behind," the poll-loving candidate said at an event here Tuesday, and his dedicated supporters are not going anywhere. But then, about halfway through his 70-minute rally in a high school gym, Iowa's former Republican front-runner let lose.

"Iowa, will you get your numbers up, please?" Trump begged on Tuesday night, something he rarely does. "Will you get these numbers up? I promise you: I will do such a good job."

This was Trump's second rally in less than a week in Iowa. But he returned to a far different landscape than the one he'd left days earlier. Since he was last here, Trump has seen his solid lead in the state evaporate as four new polls reported Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon, surging to claim the top spot. Trump was in standard campaign mode as he addressed a crowd of nearly 2,400 and took a few questions -- but his usual complaints about illegal immigration, corporate inversion and jobs moving overseas were punctuated with new self-deprecating comments, humanizing details and a plea to voters here for the chance to be their president.

He also ran through some reasons why the polls might have shifted, placing a lot of blame on evangelicals.

"I do well with the evangelicals, but the evangelicals let me down a little bit," Trump said. "I don't know what I did."

Trump told the crowd he's "a great Christian" and described his favorite Bible, one inscribed by his mother. Each audience member was given a card showing two black-and-white photos, including one taken at Trump's 1959 confirmation. Amid listing off his religious credentials, Trump stopped and begged once again: "Will you get the numbers up, Iowa, please? It's ridiculous."

He then went back to rationalizing. Trump told his audience that he doesn't know who his main competitor is, noting that it's definitely not Carson or Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). His poll numbers aren't that bad, he said. And he is still posting better showings in every other state.

"I mean, I am second -- it's not, like, terrible," Trump rationed. "But I don't like being second. Second is terrible to me."

[Inside the world of Donald Trump's super fans]

Rather than directly listing off Carson's shortcomings, Trump pitched his talents: He said he's a deal-maker and "really good" at negotiating with Chinese business leaders who have no time for pleasantries. He has so much energy that it makes some people "toss and turn." He likes winning. He has a sober poker face and is unpredictably strategic. He has not hired professional fundraisers, and has told the "scam" super PACs trying to support his candidacy to stop and give people back their money. He's not afraid to be tough.

"You know what, people might say: 'It's terrible. He's a terrible person, a terrible human being. I shouldn't, but I'm going to vote for him anyway.' Okay, that's fine," Trump said. "I'm actually a nice person."

Trump wandered off into other topics -- praising John Deere tractors, sharing stories about fans who send him letters and slamming the "crooked stuff" in politics. But 15 minutes later he returned again to his Iowa poll numbers.

"What the hell are you people doing to me?" he demanded.

And then he worked through this question: Why is he even here? Trump said "political geniuses" have urged him to skip the Iowa caucuses and instead focus on primaries in other states, to which the crowd yelled: "Noooo!" Trump said he doesn't want to skip Iowa because he thinks he can win -- and because he expects "a lot of things will come out" about his opponents that will hurt them in the polls.

"I am the real deal, I will tell you," Trump said. "I'm the real deal."

And it's not as though Iowa Republicans have been great at picking the next president in the last couple election cycles, Trump said. Still, he added, he's going to compete here. Trump used an expletive in telling the crowd to get their rear-ends "in gear."

"Will you please do me a favor and work with my people and go out on February 1st and vote and give us a victory?" Trump said to cheers. "So, I'm sticking with you people. I'm going to spend money here... I have a great team over here. And, I will tell you, I'm going to spend a lot of time here. And I really want to win Iowa."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-to-iowa-will-you-get-your-numbers-up-please/

2. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He acts like a fuckin pro wrestler. The fact that this guy is still even in the conversation shows how fucked we are as a country. Earth, bout time to start over...

3. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No way this dick freckle ever sees office.

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    none of that happened. trump had a rally of 3,000 people in iowa tonight, which is like 20,000 people in a more civilized state.

and this also happened there...

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Article doesn't include what Trump said beforehand - clearly indicating he was joking :jj:

How laughably biased.

Anddawg complains about Breitbart :facepalm:

6. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    when's this election again?

7. dawg

Reputations:
    DR Ben Carson has the evangelical right vote. sorry bro.

kicksave7 likes this.
  8. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    what a pandering low life fucktard! He should call the evangelicals a bunch of losers. That will stimulate the base. fucks sake.

Wesmantooth, kicksave7 and BethSucks like this.
  9. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How sad presidential hopefuls now have to flaunt their religious credentials. 'Here's the bible my mom gave me!!' Seriously? Ri-goddamn-diculous.

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    What does that have to do with a BS article?

BTW, President Huckabee and President Santorum did great in Iowa, too.

tradioguy69 and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  11. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Carson should get some copies of Trump's Stern interviews where he talk's about fucking hot Brazilian women, his three wives and the misogyny of the Miss Universe pageants, I imagine the Evangelicals would like that. His Bible thumping would be funny if it weren't so sad.

12. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    I live in NE. I couldn't fucking tell you why Iowa is considered a serious state. In the long run Trump will pick up. Don't let the idiots out wondering around be a determination on the next presidents goals.

tradioguy69, 1Vegasgirl and ltd86 like this.
  13. dawg

Reputations:
    He has been reduced to high school gyms :jj:

blindbella, sumtexan and Ving like this.
  14. al pacinos baby

al pacinos baby Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every week for the past few months, people having been saying its over for Trump and he is still here. Keep throwing shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

Shithead likes this.
  15. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Republitards are determined to elect someone even dumber than G.W.....I figure by 2020, they'll have a tube of toothpaste running as their candidate.

16. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    3,000 people :facepalm:

that's about 10 times the size of every other candidate.

17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    In all honesty, who gives a shit about Iowa? Bush Sr. won Iowa over Reagan in 1980, Dole over Bush Sr. in '88, and the last two were Santorum and Huckabee. You almost don't want to win Iowa if you want to win the party's nomination.

18. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Because other presidential candidates haven't done high school gyms :rolleyes:

tradioguy69 and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  19. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    i know. some people just don't like america and they're terrified that someone is standing up for it finally. others are hopelessly manipulated by a biased news media.

it's sad to see. even though they don't deserve it, they'll benefit from Donald's presidency, too

stash, tradioguy69 and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  20. dawg

Reputations:
    So you are saying he did not hold a rally in a high school gym tonight?