Politics Trump Releases Video, Naming and Threatening Former Trump University Students

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Mar 8, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

Donald Trump released a video Monday that took aim directly at two of the former students of Trump University currently accusing him of fraud.
    In the three-minute video, entitled “Trump University Truth,” which was posted to Trump’s official YouTube page, Trump reads positive feedback reports from Bob and Kevin and reveals their full names; he also mentions a third alumnus, who he says the campaign is “looking for.”

Bob and Kevin had both agreed to appear in ads sponsored by American Future Fund (AFF), a conservative non-profit that has run advertisements advocating against Obama initiatives and in favor of various conservative causes, but lately has taken a hard anti-Trump tack. (Trump attributed the ads to “lightweight Marco Rubio.”) AFF’s recent ads feature the former students discussing the ways in which Trump’s “school” sold them a false bill of goods. Their full names had already been published in a Washington Post Fact Checker article published on Feb. 29.

“There’s been so much talk by dishonest people about Trump University — or Trump Entrepreneur Initiative,” Trump begins, referring to the name he used to re-brand his educational project because it was not actually an accredited university, “and I thought I should set the record straight.”

In the video, Trump read the former students’ names aloud, showed the names in writing to the camera, and attempted to use their positive feedback forms to debunk the claims they made in the AFF ads. “We have 98 percent of the people that took the courses where they have reports like this where they, for some reason, signed report card at the end, which I think is a great idea and a great thing that they did. But when they are on the stand they will be shown and shown these reports,” Trump said in his video.

The positive feedback forms touted by Trump in the video do not discredit the claims. The surveys refer only to a “seminar” rather than the entire suite of services, but based on the AFF videos both Bob and Kevin ended up buying far more than the initial teaser. “I spent about $30,000 at Trump University and basically all it did was ruin my credit and ruin my life,” Kevin said.

The Post, describing the tactics gleaned from the University’s playbook, writes:

People were invited to a free introductory course, at which various tidbits of real estate secrets were offered, with the express goal of getting people to sign up for a three-day seminar costing $1,495.
    […] Then, at the three-day seminar, the hook was set for a purported year-long mentorship program costing $35,000 (supposedly discounted from $49,000). That then led to even more sales pitches for even more products, such as a $3,500 bus tour of real estate properties.

The Post notes further that “the ’98 percent’ approval claim generally is based on surveys after the free presentation. They were not anonymous, and people were encouraged to give positive ratings in hopes of receiving program discounts or a certificate of completion. It is not a credible figure.”

Trump ends the video by asserting that he will take the case all the way to court — drawing a comparison between his own resolution not to settle and his intention not to allow the United States to settle. “The United States should fight back also,” he said. “We shouldn’t just be settlers, we should fight back.”

Huffington Post writes: “The new Trump video sends a message to anyone else who may consider speaking out against the businessman or his shady endeavors: He will not hesitate to name you and tacitly encourage his millions of Twitter followers to find you.”

http://www.mediaite.com/opinion/tru...threatening-former-trump-university-students/

BUSTED: The Better Business Bureau just called out Donald Trump for lying about Trump University

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/bus...lying-about-trump-university/comments/#disqus

2. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God help us, God and Baby Jesus help us!:duhme:

3. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I just can't believe anybody would enroll at something called Trump University.
    :giggle:

4. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Is this negative or positive for Donald.

Need to know before I start to read all that.

5. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this guy is king asspickle but seriously if you went to Drumpf U you kinda get what you deserve :jj:

6. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Neither. The people who follow him consider any evidence that he's a lying huckster sack of shit to be an "establishment hit piece." Doesn't matter if it's true, it just strengthens their resolve.

Look, I am all for sticking it to "the establishment," but this is the wrong guy to do it with.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    P.T. Barnum has nothing on Trump...

The Better Business Bureau says Trump University only received top ratings because it had already begun winding down, and there was little for anyone to complain about — though Donald Trump's campaign begs to differ. The Better Business Bureau fired back Tuesday at Donald Trump's numerous claims surrounding its ratings for his defunct Trump University business venture, issuing a point-by-point breakdown seeking to set the record straight. In its joint statement, the Council of Better Business Bureaus and the local BBB that represents metropolitan New York, referred to the institution as Trump University rather than its later moniker, Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, noting that it has not had a rating since September 2015. ...

PI Nate and dawg like this.
  8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...president trump is going to show you people how to win win win whether you like it or not. :jj:

ScottBaiosPenis and Dirty South like this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    Some people need a authoritarian and bully to be President, i get it.

RoachCoachJokes and jrstinkfish like this.
  10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...this country needs an authoritarian leader. why do you think these dummies loved bush so much. must have been the john wayne impersonation.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    No thanks, I'm not giving up my freedom. You can if you want, but dont drag me into it.

654645654.jpg

RoachCoachJokes likes this.
  12. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...what do you mean, no thanks youre not giving up your freedom? you already lost it with the patriot act and you werent asked if you wanted it or not.

Dirty South likes this.
  13. dawg

Reputations:
    Another so called conservative president stripped our freedoms, you are correct.

14. WillieX

WillieX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump Is not a settler, he has DirectTV!

jrstinkfish, PI Nate and lastlaugh like this.
  15. lastlaugh

lastlaugh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why doesn't Trump's lawyer have those documents? Or, are they copies?

16. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We haven't had one of those in a while. I'm sort of sick of President Friendly.

17. 922Wine

922Wine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In their defense, it was probably their safety school when DeVry rejected them.

Howchilla and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  18. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :winner:

BTW, I saw King Asspickle open for Cheap Trick in '78 :guitar:

Cookie_Puss, Wesmantooth and WillieX like this.
  19. dawg

Reputations:
    The problem with that thinking is sites like these are in danger. sites that dare allow criticizing of Drumpf. He wants to silence anyone that dares speak out negative about him, as you can see in that video.

DarkFriday likes this.
  20. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll get Edward Norton's character from The People vs. Larry Flynt to defend the Shed in court.

dawg likes this.