News Trump says high CEO pay is a joke, 'disgraceful'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by rory, Sep 13, 2015.

1. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

NEW YORK, NY - JULY 22: Donald Trump greets supporters, tourists and the curious after taping an interview with Anderson Cooper at a Trump owned building in mid-town Manhattan on July 22, 2015 in New York City. Trump, who is running for president on a Republican ticket, has come under intensifying criticism for his behavior on the campaign trail. The billionaire's most recent comments on Senator John McCain's war record in Vietnam have resulted in almost universal criticism from fellow candidates.

Trump also had a dig at retailer Macy's Inc., which decided to stop selling his menswear line after he described migrants from Mexico to the United States as drug-runners and rapists.

"You'll take a company like, I could say Macy's or I could say many other companies, where they put in their friends as the head of the company and they get whatever they want," he said.

Trump also said his tax plan, to be unveiled in coming weeks, would cut taxes for the middle class and corporations, "but for the hedge fund guys they are going to be paying up."

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    the stock holders have the last word.

SternsEgo, 1Vegasgirl and RenchFries like this.
  3. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I truly hope Trump is president because I really want to get to a point where I'm tired of all the greatness.

I want to be sick of the greatness.

fredrogers, kev, Mr Sinister and 2 others like this.
  4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ya I mean, this dude is just gonna bring too much greatness.....

Rockside7 likes this.
  5. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "they should all just "use the bankruptcy laws" to default on their debts and then they'd be huuuuuge."

OV likes this.
  6. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump hinted he wants to raise taxes on the hedge fund managers.

That's a no-no to the Republican base. Any tax increase on anyone is considered a sin. Be interesting to see how they respond.

7. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    What do you mean? He'll still get the nom, and republicans will vote republican.

8. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At one time, Repubicans were infatuated with the likes of Pat Robertson, Pat Buchanan and Herman Cain. They did swell, too.

Droog likes this.
  9. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's like saying voters have the last word. True in theory, but in practice it isn't.

The Snork and sino8r like this.
  10. Droog

Reputations:
    I think what we're really seeing here is the huge disconnect between the republican base and the republicans that will do stupid shit like shut down the government while trying to prevent money from going to Planned Parenthood. Republicans haven't always been unreasonable. They started to get that way during the Clinton administration, and went full on bat shit crazy once Obama got elected. The fact is, most Republicans aren't fat cats. They're average working stiffs who have seen what everyone else has seen. The top 1% has increased their share of the pie by leaps and bounds over the last 30 years, and the rest of the population is working more than ever and not getting ahead. The interesting thing here is that Ross Perot trumpeted a similar message, and he too got a lot of Republican votes. The Republican base simply isn't going to fight tooth and nail for the 1%. Other issues like abortion and a smaller government (even though the GOP really isn't about small government) are things that drive them to the right. But they aren't going to join hands and shed tears for the rich.

FosterKitten and Anyonenow like this.
  11. Droog

Reputations:
    Then electability became a factor and the tide shifted toward the people who stood a chance. That could happen here as well, but the difference is Trump isn't like those guys. He's drawing independents and conservative democrats. The others didn't do that at all. I think the better comparison is Ross Perot, but Perot didn't run as a Republican. Independent is a really tough position to run on. He also made a giant mistake by exiting the race when the heat was on. He came back a month later but the damage was done. He still managed almost 20% of the popular vote. Trumps is going to continue to bully his competition. Unlike Perot, he relishes the attention and notoriety. When the media calls him a joke, he takes it as a compliment. The race hasn't truly kicked in yet, so anything can happen. He could go the way of Cain, but he's way ahead of where Cain was. He's leading the dialog in this race.

Biff DiBiase, FosterKitten and ltd86 like this.
  12. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We need a emperor type. Look at Iraq. Syria. Libya. I mean the truth is we are fucking out of control. We have Caitlin dude. The might USA. The country that gave us d day, the moon, the greates country that ever was is being destroyed by the masses that brought nothing to the table. Supposedly the white man is evil but the dirty fucking Arabs in Europe will eventually destroy the European way of life. And now I even have more respect for Israel who did build something out of nothing. And unlike these fucking Arabs and Mexicans and Hindus and pakis that won't stay in their own country and fight for change come here to take advantage of what the evil white man built.

13. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    America gave us the moon? wow thanks America

14. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Come on man, you are talking crazy talk now. You feel a little threatened so you are willing to toss out the constitution, give up all your freedom in favor of a dictator. That's what you just said. Turn off fox news dude, it causes mental illness.

15. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not an actual dictator but someone that thinks like one and says what trump is saying about ceo pay, immigration, hedge funds. I mean we all talk about this but the politicians don't.

16. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    not really.

on a scale of 1-10 of importance ,
    carried interested is about a 0.8

and illegal immigration is about a 9.9

Horse Marbles and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  17. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    unlike perot, trump has a channel that's dedicated to attacking him 24 hours a day. unfortunately for trump, this channel also happens to have tremendous - although somewhat waning- influence with republican voters.

we'll see.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  18. dawg

Reputations:
    I hear you brother. As long as you have people lobbying for their own interests this will continue. Money talks.

tired likes this.
  19. dawg

Reputations:
    I do have to agree though, I cant recall a crazier time in my lifetime. And things seem to be getting worse instead of better.

Lester and tired like this.
  20. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    "we need an emperor type," that's genius.

Morrisb likes this.