Politics Trump signs GOP oath - Won't run independent

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Slow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Trump signs pledge not to run as independent in 2016

Donald Trump announced Thursday he has signed a GOP pledge not to run as an independent in 2016, after a personal appeal from the Republican Party chairman.

"I have signed the pledge," Trump said, holding it up.

The decision by the Republican presidential front-runner helps ease concerns among party leadership that an outside Trump bid -- should he not win the nomination -- could threaten the party's chances in the general election by peeling off votes.

The party began circulating the pledge to virtually all the Republican campaigns earlier this week. But Trump was the obvious concern. He had been the only one who did not raise his hand when the 10 top-polling candidates were asked at last month's Fox News debate whether they'd commit not to mount an independent White House bid.

Trump, after meeting Thursday with party boss Reince Priebus, said the chairman has been "extremely fair."

"I just wanted fairness from the Republican Party," Trump said. After holding up the pledge, he said, "I will be totally pledging my allegiance to the Republican Party, and the conservative principles for which it stands."

More on this...

Trump said he got nothing in return, and sees no circumstances under which he would "tear up that pledge." There was one hang-up, though: the pledge form Trump held up had the wrong date on it, reading Aug. 3, 2015.

The pledge states in part that if the GOP contender does not become the nominee: "I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee regardless of who it is," and "I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party."

The Associated Press reported that RNC officials had been working privately with Trump's campaign for several weeks to avert the possibility of Trump making an independent run.

Several other candidates already have made a similar commitment.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed the pledge during an appearance Thursday on Fox News.

"I'm in, I signed," he said.

Commitments also came in from the campaigns of Ohio Gov. John Kasich; former New York Gov. George Pataki; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush; former HP CEO Carly Fiorina; retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson; Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker; former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee; and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

The pledge also follows Virginia and South Carolina GOP state parties making a similar pledge effort.

[​IMG]

2. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    He'll wipe his ass with that pledge if he's not the nominee.

YinzerMasshole, Ving, sino8r and 15 others like this.
  3. jlightningzz

jlightningzz Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Trump has ZERO chance of winning anything. Even if he got every supporter to actually vote....this fucker would still lose. Waste of time. I do support his dismantling of the status quo within the GOP and believe in a warped way, he has been beneficial. I love how he ain't PC, but his immigration policy alone disqualifies most of the country from ever supporting him in much of anything. The next President will win more than 35-40% of the Hispanic vote...no question, and it ain't gonna be fucking Donald.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Ving likes this.
  4. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    pussy

killallposers likes this.
  5. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You will Obey! Obey! OBEY!
    [​IMG]

6. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the republican party wasn't 100% sell-out hacks they'd be pushing Donald through the roof. People are sick and fucking tired of this suicidal mindset and policies that have been shoved down their throats and he'd probably win in a landslide in spite of the haters who call everyone not an Obama bootlicker a "racist" or "teabagger" or backwoods, country-fuck retard. That kind of ridicule is old-hat and doesn't work any more. Too many people have caught onto that old trick, sorry.

7. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  8. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He will find a loophole and get out.

the G-man likes this.
  9. jlightningzz

Reputations:
    I actually agree with Trump on a lot of things. However, it is ridiculous to consider the man for President of the United States.

FosterKitten likes this.
  10. ChimneySweep

Reputations:
    It's all nothing but a reality show anymore anyhow. Time to rock the boat a little and shut some pc shit down. Long overdue. I'd just like to see people squirm for a couple more years.

The future is already written, why not enjoy a good tune as the ship goes down?

[​IMG]

DrDestouches and jlightningzz like this.
  11. jlightningzz

Reputations:
    Trump brings this...and it is refreshing. Too bad he's wrong IMHO.
    No shit...with the ship. I'm a South American if we go to war again...fuck this

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  12. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There you have it...a Politician.
    Trump IS a Politician...Just like all the other D&R lemmings

13. ChimneySweep

Reputations:
    He's a politician? Really? Running for public office? That's crazy. He is running as a Republican.

What do you expect him to do if he doesn't get the nomination; support the Democratic candidate??? :rolleye2:

14. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. ChimneySweep

Reputations:
    This is why words have become meaningless. I think we all know what he MEANS by "politician" as we have come to think of them, but by definition of course he is a politician.This "gotcha" mentality has become ridiculous.

pol·i·ti·cian
    ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
    noun
    1. a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

16. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he should have said "no, i pledge my loyalty to america, not to any party"
    would went up another 5 pts, cause he wouldnt have lost any current supporters, and he woulda picked up a lot of dems

disappointing

17. jlightningzz

Reputations:
    wait awhile

18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Rightly so. The pledge serves one purpose: to stop trump from being the spoiler.

If trump wants to be the spoiler, he needs only a couple percent of the vote. Based on his numbers, breaking this pledge won't stop that

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  19. ChimneySweep

Reputations:
    Here's a little secret...there are LOTS of white dems and middle-of-the-roaders who voted for the current fraud to look "progressive" and not one of the ones I know personally are happy about the shit that is going on. Unless they get enough people to want to support the first "woman" (cunt in this case) president, don't expect any 51/49 election this time around. That's why Obama is on the fast-track to drive this country down. he will become dangerous as fuck over the coming months and should be kept WELL in check.

cg256, PI Nate, Skipnoid and 3 others like this.
  20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, but then theyl keep saying hes a liar whos not trustable etc.
    i think he coulda won as 3rd party. hes very smart, he wouldnt change current positions, but he would shift focus to economy and other issues that would have gained most Is and many Ds