Politics Trump's campaign manager Roughs Up Female Breitbart reporter over "Tough question"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Mar 9, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Donald Trump's long-held love/hate relationship with the media is turning distinctly in one direction.

And it's not love.

In what is becoming a regular occurrence, a Trump event on Tuesday night resulted in yet another journalist subject to physical force, this time from a high-level Trump staffer.

Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, reportedly grabbed the arm of Breitbart.com reporter Michelle Fields as she attempted to ask Trump a question at the end of a press conference.

Fields was nearly brought down by Lewandwoski, according to a witness that spoke to Politico.

Jamie Weinstein, an editor at the Daily Caller and reportedly Field's boyfriend, tweeted about the situation.

Trump events have become rowdy affairs thanks to a mix of raucous attendees and dedicated protestors, something the Trump campaign is beginning to crack down on.

At the same time, Trump continues to command ever-more airtime even as his supporters crack down on journalists in draconian ways.

The most visible move has been cordon off small areas for the press, whichs has limited their ability to cover the events and the disturbances. His campaign has also not been shy about ejecting journalists from events or denying news outlets that run objectionable stories press credentials altogether.

The physical force has also been met by rhetoric. Trump recently said he wants to "open up the libel laws" so that it will be able to sue the press "and win lots of money."

Tuesday night's events came as some surprise because of the publication the journalist works for.

Breitbart has generally been regarded as among the most pro-Trump news outlets, although The Donald has shown a willingness to take on even conservative media giants like Fox News.

That incident only led to even more stringent limits put on where journalists can be at these events, as noted by Politico. The Secret Service has been accused by journalists of enforcing these limits — something that they are not supposed to do.

Even at smaller events, the press has been suppressed. Trump's "press conferences" have become closer to pep rallies, with most of the seats reserved for guests. Press are relegated to the back.

The campaign's actions have done little to cool the media's appetite for covering Trump, however.

On Tuesday night, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC aired Trump speaking for 45 minutes in what was widely heralded as more of an informercial for Trump products than for his campaign.

At the same time, Hillary Clinton was giving a victory speech after winning the Mississippi primary. None of the networks cut to her. They all stayed on Trump until he was done.

http://mashable.com/2016/03/09/donald-trump-s-war-on-the-media-continues-to-escalate/#4mAKKLfBKPqZ

XuXu, ramble, sumtexan and 3 others like this.
  2. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    Video of the incident?

3. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does Hillary get any tough questions from the non-Fox media?

4. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Where's the video?

If they don't have the video in the main story (on Mashable here), then most likely the story is exaggerated (as usual).

5. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. Pitzarea

Pitzarea Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure the reporter's question started with, "Mr. Trump..." and not "Die, Nazi scum!"

XuXu likes this.
  7. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    you reap what you sow

8. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those are some boobies! :eek:

potroast, Skipnoid and MilkyDischarge like this.
  9. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Keep sucking Fox's asshole. Dems hate them and most repubs do too because they're so bad.

XuXu likes this.
  10. dawg

Reputations:
    BethWeave, XuXu, kinneyjames and 2 others like this.
  11. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

what do you say to a woman with two black eyes??

nothing you already told her twice

[​IMG]

12. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love how that's the justification for someone strong arming someone. And in case you didn't watch, Hillary got plenty of tough questions in the Republican run Benghazi hearings. Did her people rough any of them up?

13. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is dope-news for dopes, by dopes. Come on Dawg, you can do better!

-What does "tried to pull her to the ground" mean? It says he grabbed her arm as she tried to approach him and get a question in when the press conference was over.

-The last page of her Twitter is all stuff against Trump. Doesn't seem like she is impartial.

-The article's title is 'Trumps war on the media...", but he had nothing to do with Obama's secret service guy taking down a photographer who walked out of the press area (and who said "fuck you" to the SS agent when told to stay within the press area). He also didn't direct someone his campaign to grab the arm of this woman. How is it's Trump's war?

Here's the reality....

"Dear diary. I just hate that Donald Trump! I went to his rally today hoping to catch him in a gotcha question, but he didn't call on me. So when the conference was over, I pushed my way through the press to try to confront him, and someone grabbed my arm and held me back. I'm going to say that Trump's media war continues as his thugs tried to take me to the ground. That'll teach them!".

14. dawg

Reputations:
    I asked you this before since you cheer when a woman gets roughed up. Have you ever beaten your wife?

BethWeave and XuXu like this.
  15. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Breitbart is completely split between Trump and Cruz. This reporter has been an anti-Trump reporter from the get go, so I don't believe anything that comes from her.

Also lol at the anonymous source, could it be the woman reporter herself?!?!?!

People are getting very desperate to derail trump and maybe they should move when Secret Service is clearing an area regardless.

16. dawg

Reputations:
  17. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

BrulesRules likes this.
  18. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Trump needs his security team to wear awesome matching uniforms with some sort of symbol or initials for Special Security or, Super Security.

Just so we know who they are.

Newly OBrien, regult, XuXu and 7 others like this.
  19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...he should have punched her in the cocksucker.

Cunt and Turtle Man like this.
  20. dawg

Reputations:
    It wasnt his security

"Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski forcibly yanked Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields out of the way after his press conference in Florida on Tuesday night.

Fields was attempting to ask Trump a question as he exited the press conference. Secret Service was starting to clear a path, when Fields was forcibly grabbed on her arm by Lewandowski, moving her out of the way and nearly bringing her down to the ground, a source who witnessed the situation told POLITICO.

Fields was clearly roughed up by the move, the witness said."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...n-manager-gets-rough-with-breitbart-reporter/

XuXu and sumtexan like this.