TSA forces 95-year-old woman to remove adult diaper

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Jun 27, 2011.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.

“It’s something I couldn’t imagine happening on American soil,†Weber said Friday. “Here is my mother, 95 years old, 105 pounds, barely able to stand, and then this.â€Â

Sari Koshetz, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration in Miami, said she could not comment on specific cases to protect the privacy of those involved.

“The TSA works with passengers to resolve any security alarms in a respectful and sensitive manner,†she said.

Weber’s mother entered the airport’s security checkpoint in a wheelchair because she was not stable enough to walk through, Weber said.

Wheelchairs trigger certain protocols, including pat-downs and possible swabbing for explosives, Koshetz said.

“During any part of the process, if there is an alarm, then we have to resolve that alarm,†she said.

Weber said she did not know whether her mother had triggered an alarm during the 45 minutes they were detained.

She said her mother was first pulled aside into a glass-partitioned area and patted down. Then she was taken to another room to protect her privacy during a more extensive search, Weber said.

Weber said she sat outside the room during the search.

She said security personnel then came out and told her they would need for her mother to remove her Depends diaper because it was soiled and was impeding their search.

Weber wheeled her mother into a bathroom, removed her diaper and returned. Her mother did not have another clean diaper with her, Weber said.

Weber said she wished there were less invasive search methods for an elderly person who is unable to walk through security gates.

“I don’t understand why they have to put them through that kind of procedure,†she said.

Koshetz said the procedures are the same for everyone to ensure national security.

“TSA cannot exempt any group from screening because we know from intelligence that there are terrorists out there that would then exploit that vulnerability,†she said.

Weber filed a complaint through Northwest Florida Regional’s website. She said she received a response from a Homeland Security representative at the airport on Tuesday and spoke to that person on the phone Wednesday.

The representative told her that personnel had followed procedures during the search, Weber said.

“Then I thought, if you’re just following rules and regulaions, then the rules and regulations need to be changed,†she said.

Weber said she plans to file additional complaints next week.

2. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's a tough call.

You know Abdul would have no problem sending his own grandmother aboard a plane with a bomb shoved up her ass

3. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    I was saving this story for you Dawg :grin:

4. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    Don't worry they won't go for the rectal exams. Yet.

They'll start by TSA checkpoints at all train stations, then bus stations, then random highway checkpoints (which they have already started BTW)

Those big blaeks and after I join at least one white at TSA will see you coming G and screen you like a miner screening sand for gold

5. GHP

Reputations:
    They don't let guys search girls do they? :weird:

6. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    They should've privatized airport security decades ago. :facepalm:

7. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    Absolutely. And with full genital groping as well. I've seen several stories on it. I recall reading one story from a woman that had been sexually assualted as a kid was forced to have a man do it even when she requested a woman. Your alternative is to try and leave at which point T S A labels you a likely tarrurest and now has the authority to arrest you and prosecute you because you could be probing the system :rolleyes: She described it as feeling like she was sexually assaulted again.

As for T S A on trains they were already starting their shit years ago. One agent had a dog that almost attacked a guy that tripped near him and fell towards him on the platform. Of course everyone nearby panicked except me when the dog started showing teeth. Then the powerhungry asshole started eyeing me when I didn't jump. Later when they did a sweep of the train, dog right in your effing face as it went down the aisle, the douche eyeballed me again. I just gave a smirked [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ohnoes

ohnoes New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The other perv hustle is they claim there's no female officer available at the moment and if you want to wait for one you'll have to miss your flight.

9. GHP

Reputations:
    Hmmm.....might have to start carrying my gun on flights :c

10. Salafibrigades

Salafibrigades New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The TSA is full of NWO stooges.

11. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How many accounts are you starting?