-Tuesday- July 30, 2013

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by ltd86, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie’s guests tonight: Comedian Maddog Mattern, Yankees legend David Wells and “World Champion†Judah Friedlander !!!

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Remember the good old days when Ritchie didn't constantly speak?

3. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah as soon as he gets that contemplative look on his face im like "damn it here comes 5 minutes of babbling that will lead up to making no point at all better flip through the channels till this neanderthal shuts up"

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Lol it's such a cruel joke to have to listen to him

5. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Anyone get the vibe that artie openly is acting like he doesnt have much respect/interest in this sniveling little jew comic "maddog mattern" haha, always cutting him off like "yeah yeah whatever". This guy seems like the antithesis of a funny comic.

6. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    What happened to Arm and RodfromBayside? Now the regular callers are wannabe comedians who bring down the show with their terrible non-bits (bucket list jokes) and Todd from MA with his cool guy attitude and that awful exaggerated MA accent.

7. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Rod was a good caller but Arm is an attention seeking douche who is not in the least bit funny except for when artie made the motion to cut off his call and said " dont ever let that idiot get through again" haha or something to that effect.

8. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Either that or they're begging Artie to see the studio or meet him at a gig or some other bullshit. And they're all watching on the Audience Network.

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ARM's better than almost all the fags that have been calling in lately.

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Holy shit now Bocchetti got one of his stupid twitter fans to call into the show? This guy sounds as sharp as Bocchetti

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    God, David Wells picks tonight to be Mr. Talkative.

Almost as bad as when Goose Gossage was on.

12. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Thats not saying to much as the bar is set about as low as it can go for callers, the phone calls are forced pandering to make the mouth breather portion of listeners feel like they are "a part of the show". I have never called a radio show but people say they have call screeners and they will ask you what you want to say and then if its interesting put you through, so how do so many people who only have this to say " I love the show" get through? What is interesting or worth the time it takes to take the call about that?

13. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly, which is why ARM's calls are great. He keeps it interesting, usually has some funny references, and can almost always engage in a conversation with whoever the guest is that night. I've never called into a show either because I know I'm boring as fuck and would have nothing at all to say.

They really should have given Rod an opportunity to do some bits for the show, his prank calls are funnier than anything I've seen Brock or Bocchetti do.

14. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Lol, Judah made me laugh with his Todd Barry impersonation.

15. NoddinOff

Reputations:
    Mike talking about what hes gonna put on his sizzle reel, he just said "one of my favorite parts on this show was when I put on a football helmet, uh urm ugh that was fun... I think I'll put that in there" that shows how stupid he really is. He thinks he's gonna land work in hollywood by sending in a video of him getting hit in the fat stench pouch by a dart and one where he's wearing a football helmet? Yeah that just screams talent.

16. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    What the fuck is Ritchie wearing. He looks like he just came off the set of a Mod Squad episode.

17. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I think since then he's gotten through to Art twice (at least once, asking Art about inviting Howard and Beth to his wedding) and all his calls are jam-packed with funny. He CONSISTENTLY gives shout-outs to dawgsaloon and members every single call. He's also making the calls for US with the old HS references that only dedicated fans would know.

Rod's prank calls are great, but they are inherently infrequent. ARM gets on once a week and is able to comment on something pertinent to the show, then tell a funny story/joke, toss in a reference to THSS and then mention dawgsaloon...on every call. I can't name anyone that dedicated to the show and these forums that comes close to him.

If you want to call in, do it on a live Monday or Friday and make sure to mention that you are watching on Directv. At that point, I think he's contractually obligated to take the call. I also don't remember too many "Hey Art, the show is great--click--" calls.

18. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Mike gets enough validation from people like Artie and other comedians who indulge, humor him, and pretend like he's a real comic or something, talking shop about writing material, doing sets at clubs and what not. Then are all the people who apparently enjoy mike on a so-bad-its-good level. Let's face it Mike benefits from this current trend in comedy where its all about ironic humor and awkwardness. If this was twenty years ago we would not know who he is.

19. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Artie cuts people off all the time lately and gets cut off a lot too, so I don't think its just that guy, but wasn't he referring to him as Mad Dog Maron?

That Wells guy was fucking infuriating. First off he had a shitty phone line, spoke like a wino... Went on about how he stuck up for a 'roider 'cause his manager asked him to and then turned out to be wrong... and then starts sticking up for gAy-Rod! Full of shit. The cocksucker probably 'roided himself anyway.

True dat. All dat.
    I think Rod maybe got too busy or something. I kinda got the impression that they'd use whatever he gave them.

How hard would it be to get something together for him? Post the clip w/ Louis CK to youtube, along with the clip w/ Judah, the clip w/ DeNiro, a few others too... Open up a blog site and embed the youtube vids on the page...
    Email the machine and link 'em to said blog site.
    Anybody got a 5 year old who could do that for Mike?

hahaha... I thought he wore that shirt so no-one would notice if he vomited on himself after seeing Mike and Artie eat :)