Stern Show Turn back Tuesday: Howard Stern has a 'mind-blowing' dream job offer

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FSFN, May 10, 2016.

1. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From 2015, try not to spit your coffee all over you phone/computer screen

Howard Stern has a 'mind-blowing' dream job offer
    March 17

NEW YORK

Howard Stern may or may not renew his lucrative contract with SiriusXM at the end of the year, but he will apparently have plenty of other opportunities to consider.

In fact, Stern said on his radio show Monday that a massive job offer recently fell into his lap.

"My agent called me with an opportunity that is so mind-blowing -- like, it would be the dream job of all time for me," Stern said.

He didn't divulge any specifics about the opportunity, though he joked that he had been offered a gig on the embattled E! program, "Fashion Police."

Stern's uncertain future with the satellite radio company has drawn increased attention following a Bloomberg Businessweek profile published earlier this month.

In the profile, Sirius CEO Jim Meyer made it clear that he wants to renew Stern's contract, which will expire in December.

"I want Howard Stern for as long as Howard Stern wants to work," Meyer told Bloomberg Businessweek reporter Felix Gillette. "I'm only willing to pay so much." He said. "I know what that number is. But even if I was in an al-Qaeda death camp, no one is going to know what that number is but me."

Related: SiriusXM and Howard Stern in a contract 'dance'

At a conference with investors last week, Meyer acknowledged that Stern and Sirius were engaged in a contract "dance."

Stern first bolted over to satellite radio in 2006 after signing a five-year contract with Sirius worth $500 million. He renewed his contract in 2010. The value of that deal was not disclosed, though some analysts have pegged the number at $80 million per year.

On his show Monday, Stern insisted that he wasn't bringing up other job possibilities as a negotiating ploy.

He even indicated that he'd be content to do nothing.

"This morning the alarm went off and I said to my wife, 'Why am I doing this now?'" Stern said. "Like I mean, what is the compulsion here? I like being home. I like painting. I like listening to music. I like no stress. Like even a podcast would be too much stress for me."

Stern's raunchy show, which racked up hefty fines from the Federal Communications Commission during his years on terrestrial radio, remains beloved by millions.

Since 2012, Stern has dabbled in more family-friendly entertainment as a judge on NBC's "America's Got Talent." Stern said in December that he will return to the reality talent show for its upcoming season.

Although Stern said he has "so many offers," he said the winning deal could still come from Sirius.

"I mean, if Sirius came to me and said, 'Here's a really compelling deal,' I'd sign tomorrow," Stern said. "I just haven't heard that compelling deal. Honestly."

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  2. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Netflix expressed interest but Sirius offered way more money and the executives at Netflix were already taking crap for paying Chelsea Handler $10 million a year to do nothing

Xent and SalsMasterShake like this.
  3. grendelxii

grendelxii Active Member

Reputations:
    Uh huh. And how come no one with a successful show, series, or what not ever come out in interviews saying that they were angling for Howie but turned them down? Oh wait because it is all fabricated in his freaking head! He has only the show, any venture outside the show has been a failure, not that the show if faring well in its current state. So this is all bullocks for the few real listeners he has left, oh and negotiations.

4. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Ahh... re-living his bullshit.

At 62, if you get a dream job offer you take it. Time is winding down in life for those things.

Plus the fakest part of the story is that Beefus was with him in the morning bed to discuss the early alarm going off.

5. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Tracy likes this.
  6. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    A dreamy blow job offer you say?

[​IMG]

Count me in!

Notfunorfunny and lovetalkradio like this.
  7. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every month Gunk should fly to France or wherever Buchwald lives now and eat Don's ass.

If Buchwald wasn't able to make the amazing, undeserved deal with Sirius, Wig Vomit would be sitting in chimney manor covered in cats.

America am spoken. No one is interested in the Wig.

8. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

9. lovetalkradio

lovetalkradio Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Which means it wasn't much from either.

Notfunorfunny and June DeMay like this.
  10. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Howard wants desperately to be on tv but $100 mil from Sirius vs $10 mil for Netflix he's doing the radio show he hates doing

Notfunorfunny likes this.
  11. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    I don't doubt Howard gets offered mind blowing jobs, in his words. I think once he finds out the "ridiculous" work schedules, is when he turns them down.

Tracy and Notfunorfunny like this.
  12. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You mean the part where he finds out he might have to do something other than sit there and do nothing? And that asshole still bitches about having to sit there and do nothing.

13. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Working more than 2 days a week. Maybe they weren't going to accommodate him by moving the whole production to New York. :jj:

Notfunorfunny and killallposers like this.
  14. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's how much Chelsea is getting from them? They're nuts. I watched the episode where she does drugs. It sucked ass. She should have stayed with her show on E!.

Tracy and Notfunorfunny like this.
  15. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A dream job that was mind blowing, yet he resigned with SiriusXM. :facepalm:

Why do his employers constantly fall for his bullshit. They could have offered him 1/3 of what he was getting and he would have taken it. He isn't content to stay home in spite of what he says.

Tracy likes this.
  16. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's amazing. He's one of the luckiest assholes ever, but does nothing but bitch and whine.

Muffler and Tracy like this.
  17. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    She made a mistake leaving E! Yeah the money is better in the short term but once this contract is up Netflix will dump her quicker than a box of crabs and her career in showbiz will be over

Droog likes this.
  18. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You think Siirus offered him $100 million this time around?

19. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Whatever the number is its way higher than Netflix or HBO could offer.

The networks don't want howard they saw AGT's ratings decrease because - surprise - a 60 year old Jew from Long Island who got famous doing blue humor didn't win over Midwestern housewives

20. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:

AGT was his Hail Mary Pass to get away from Sirius while flipping them the bird. It blew up in his face.

I don't think NetFlix or HBO offered Howard ANYTHING.

Tracy and Rhiannon like this.