Twinkies, Other Hostess Snacks Set for July 15 Return

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jun 24, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Twinkies, Other Hostess Snacks Set for July 15 Return[/h] By Matthew Rocco
    Published June 24, 2013FOXBusiness

Hostess Brands, which is emerging from bankruptcy after the sale of its snack and bread brands, said Monday it plans to resume the sale of its iconic Twinkies and other snacks next month.
    Private equity firms Apollo Global Management (APO) and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co. partnered to buy some of the bakery’s snack cakes for $410 million. The scaled-down Hostess Brands LLC includes Twinkies, Ho Hos, Ding Dongs, CupCakes and others.
    When Twinkies went out of production and store shelves ran empty, boxes of the spongy yellow cake were the subject of bidding wars on auction sites like eBay (EBAY).
    In March Daren Metropoulos, principal of Metropoulos & Co., calmed fears of a long-term Twinkies shortage by saying the firm expected to have the cakes back on U.S. store shelves by the summer.
    Hostess now expects to have its brands back on sale nationwide on July 15, calling it “the sweetest comeback in the history of ever.â€
    “America wanted Hostess back—they wanted the original. Very soon consumers will once again be able to enjoy Twinkies, CupCakes and other great Hostess snack cakes,†Daren Metropoulos said in a statement. “A comeback by any other name could never be as sweet.â€
    On its website, Hostess has a digital clock counting down until the return of its “American snack icons that the people decided they just couldn’t live without.â€
    Prices for the cakes will remain the same, company spokeswoman Hannah Arnold said. A box of 10 Twinkies was previously sold for $3.99.
    The company filed for bankruptcy in January 2012, less than three years after emerging from Chapter 11 protection a first time.
    Earlier this year, Hostess sold off various brands and other assets, including the $27.5 million sale of Drake’s to McKee Foods. Another well-known brand, Wonder bread, was sold along with Nature’s Pride to Georgia-based Flowers Foods (FLO) for $360 million.

2. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Let the fatsos rejoice! :yay:

3. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I remember when Hostess fruit pies were my favorite when I was in school more then 30 years ago, at some point, they turned into the most processed artificial chemical concoction ever made. Like everything else, things were always better when you were young.

4. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And dipshits were paying hundreds of dollars online for a box of Twinkies. :jj:

6. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Let's divert a truck full to Robin in order to finish her off . . . :evil:

7. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    i gotta admit i always loved twinkies. i just wish they tasted better. i dunno. i remember them tasting better when i was a kid. maybe they changed shit to minimize cost or maybe my palate became more refined. i just like simple deserts. sponge cake with whipped cream. perfect. their cupcakes are dogshit.

8. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    People really need to read actual news and not just watch TV (in reference to the eBay dipshits), this whole thing was all about busting up the baker's union (I was getting pamphlets in the mail about it since I'm a union employee, but several papers pointed this out as well). They were never really going away, the "new" owners are getting a twofer here in that now they can hire temps and minimum wage factory workers while generating a ton of publicity and goodwill for the return of Hostess products.

9. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations: