News Two Fox Reporters Suspended For Use Of Profanity In Criticizing Obama

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Dec 7, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Fox News suspends two commentators for profanity while criticizing Obama
    Two Fox News commentators were suspended on Monday for using profanities while criticizing President Obama on Monday.
    Ralph Peters, a Fox News "strategic analyst," called the president a "total pu---" who "doesn't want to hurt our enemies."

A couple of hours later Stacey Dash, a Fox contributor, said the president "didn't give a sh--" about Sunday night's terrorism speech.

"Earlier today, Fox contributors Lt. Col. Ralph Peters and Stacey Dash made comments on different programs that were completely inappropriate and unacceptable for our air," Fox senior executive vice president Bill Shine said.

"Fox Business Network and Fox News Channel do not condone the use of such language, and have suspended both Peters and Dash for two weeks," he said.

[​IMG]
    Dash's profane remark was partially bleeped during "Outnumbered," a lunchtime talk show on Fox News.

Peters' comments were not bleeped at all. He spoke to anchor Stuart Varney on the Fox Business Network, a smaller sister of Fox News.

Varney let him speak for over a minute, then told Peters, "You can't use language like that on the program, OK?"

Watch Ralph Peters interview here

Varney followed up again later and called on Peters to apologize, which he did. Then Peters continued to demand stronger military action against ISIS.

"I do apologize for giving into my anger, but... I feel like you know the American people understand where I'm coming from on this," Peters said. "My choice of words was incorrect, but my sentiment, I think, is shared by many."

The White House had no immediate comment.

Dash said in a tweet she was willingly paying the consequences for her comment.

Although Fox is a home for daily conservative criticism of Obama, vulgarities from the commentators are very rare.

Watch Stacey Dash video here

Both Fox News and Fox Business are cable channels, so they're not subject to the government regulations that police profanities broadcast over the public airwaves.

Media Matters, a liberal anti-Fox monitoring organization, almost immediately flagged the Peters profanity, which caused it to get widespread attention on the web on Monday.

Sign up for the Reliable Sources newsletter — delivering the most important stories in the media world to your inbox every day.

CNNMoney (New York) December 7, 2015: 5:09 PM ET

WillieX likes this.
  2. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama.

Lemmy, babybear and chrisfromvegas like this.
  3. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    As a sign of solidarity to Ms Dash, I will :jackoff: to pics of her tonight in her honor.

4. Snort

Reputations:
    Big problem with that language, but totally fine with reporting outright lies and ignoring science :jj:

5. 800dollarwine

800dollarwine Tastes no different than shitty Boone's Farm

Reputations:
    Stacey Dash is an out-of-work, over-the-hill actress. WGAS WGAF what she has to say about politics?

YinzerMasshole likes this.
  6. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    As long as Obama orders Stacey Dash to spend her down time at my house, I totally agree with this move.

7. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    there are very few people in the middle or moderate these days. you have to be an extremist douche bag now.

Beth143nacho, Droog, ramble and 5 others like this.
  8. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You shouldn't be a journalist if you need to resort to profanity to make a point. It's lazy.

Snort, Mulletude and BethSucks like this.
  9. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Since Howard's channels are pretty much unlistenable, I've been listening to Fox News quite a bit lately. Even though I don't agree with a lot of their political bullshit, it's quite entertaining and often funnier than the Stern Show.

bobp likes this.
  10. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I find it so funny when the newspaper or online publication article will not even use the exact phrase. Sounds like all of the media are pussies. Now please look at the first line of an article from a manly newspaper from Canada as published in print and online May 4 2010.

---------------------------------------------------

Senator's profanity reveals Tory 'culture of intimidation,' critics say
    JANE TABER

The Globe and Mail

Published Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:09PM EDT

Stephen Harper's Conservatives distanced themselves from one of their own today, arguing a Tory senator was not asserting government policy with her advice to " shut the fuck up" about the contentious maternal health initiative.

"Obviously, that type of language is completely unacceptable," Transport Minister John Baird told the Commons in Question Period. "It is self-evident that view does not represent the view of government."

Mr. Baird was filling in for the Prime Minister, who is on his way to Europe for the 65th anniversary of V-E Day.

The Liberals and the Bloc dismissed the Tory explanation, however. Both opposition parties hammered away at the Conservatives accusing them of bullying tactics, encouraging a culture of intimidation and stifling democracy.

This was all spurred by the controversial and profane remarks uttered by Conservative Senator Nancy Ruth yesterday.

"Senator Ruth gave perhaps the pithiest, sharpest description one can imagine of Conservative political policy that we've all heard for a long time," Toronto Liberal MP Bob Rae said. "... If you have a disagreement with the government, just shut the F up."

Mr. Rae, who was filling in for Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff, said the issue wasn't so much the language as "what she is describing."

"She is describing a culture of intimidation, of bullying. This is the Conservative culture. … Why does she want to put an end to dialogue among groups throughout this country. Why the hostility towards democracy in Canada?"

The Prime Minister has declared maternal health as his signature initiative for the upcoming G8 summit in Muskoka next month. However, he has managed to turn what is essentially a motherhood-and-apple-pie issue into a controversial one, saying his government will not include access to safe and legal abortions in developing countries as part of the plan.

The Prime Minister has declared maternal health as his signature initiative for the upcoming G8 summit in Muskoka next month. However, he has managed to turn what is essentially a motherhood-and-apple-pie issue into a controversial one, saying his government will not include access to safe and legal abortions in developing countries as part of the plan.

Opposition parties are outraged and the government is trying to deflect criticism as much as possible. In Question Period, Mr. Baird tried to assign blame to the Liberals, accusing them of wanting to mount a culture war against his party.

As well, Mr. Baird noted that the government does not want to reopen the fight over abortion. Rather, it wants to launch initiatives - such as the maternal health one - that will unite Canadians.

Winnipeg Liberal MP Anita Neville accused Mr. Baird of "trying to change the channel."

"The Conservative culture of intimidation and deceit starts with the example set by the Prime Minister," Ms. Neville said. "It is not that the Prime Minister does not work well with others, he just does not want to work with anyone at all. Any voice other than his is one too many."

And Bloc Québécois Leader Gilles Duceppe alleged that Ms. Ruth has revealed the "true face" of the government. He believes the Prime Minister wants to reopen the abortion debate by putting an end to foreign funding of the procedure.

"The Senator doesn't speak on behalf of the government, they say," Mr. Duceppe charged. "But she hears what goes on behind closed doors in the Conservative caucus. … She said drop [the effort to have funding of safe abortions included in the G8 plan] if you push it there will be more backlash."

It should be noted that no profanities were uttered by either the opposition or the government during this exchange - at least no profanities that were picked up by Hansard reporters.

Report Typo/Error
    Follow Jane Taber on Twitter: @janetaber1

Habsfan likes this.
  11. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Pussy" and "Shit" on TV? Oh, God the world is going to end! Yet HBO is allowed to show Lena Dunham's fat, crater pocked butt-cheeks for an hour with no consequences?

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Not guilty

[​IMG]

13. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tough guys and chicken hawks 24-7

YinzerMasshole, JettaTSI and Habsfan like this.
  14. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    FOX people problems

ramble and dawg like this.
  15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Fox, the "conservative media outlet" (for people that haven't caught on to the game yet) :jj:

scoobyla and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  16. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    Get with the program, Dawg.

:hhh:

dawg likes this.
  17. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
  18. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Stacey Dash>Obama

19. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Despise Fox and have come to despise Obama (not quite as much as Cheney yet but getting there), so what am I to do but sit this one out on the sidelines, I guess. :dontknow:

playitagainfred and BethSucks like this.
  20. Snort

Reputations:
    They're not journalists.

Jake Dog and Habsfan like this.